Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Fuel Selection for T-maxx 2.5

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Tr-Maxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Selection for T-maxx 2.5

I have acquantied with t-maxx 1 mount ago and i don't know about fuelling it. There isn't any Traxxas Top Fuel dealer in there. I can only find Byron %20 Nitro-%16 oil and Roktan %20 Nitro fuel; are they acceptable for t-maxx? I have 1 year-old a gallon of Byron %35Nitro fuel; is it out of exp.date or still usuable. One More!! What are the advantegeous and disadventageous of using high nitro fuel?
Old 01-18-2003, 05:40 PM
JBrannon
My Feedback: (3)

I can only answer the last question. More nitro makes more power, and more power wears out the engine and drivetrain faster.

Joe
Old 01-18-2003, 05:48 PM
}{unter

i would say that fuel isnt any good any more but thats just what i think. Yes nitro fuel gets old.

}{unter
Old 01-18-2003, 05:53 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

I use Wildcat 15% nitro with 16% oil content in my trucks and they run just fine.

The usual recommendation of nitro % does not exceed 20% by the manufacturers. The reason is as the other person said.....more / higher nitro content will offer more power but will certainly shorten the life of the engine.

20% nitro is as high as I would go....in my opinion.

Good Luck!
Old 01-18-2003, 06:02 PM
Tr-Maxx

What about cooling ...... more nitro= cooler motor?
Old 01-18-2003, 06:26 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

More oil = cooler engine. The fuel that we use for our nitro engines needs lubrication added to help protect them from becoming to hot......without the oil (lubrication) ....our engines would literally seize up. More nitro can add more heat to the internal temperature of an engine which then can shorten the lifespan of the engine.
Old 01-19-2003, 11:10 PM
ugot2luvit

Crash-ME -over hit the nail right on the head. Do not run fuel above 20% or you'll be ordering a new piston and sleeve or worse. You'll get the most life out of your engine running 15% nitro. That's been my experience anyway.
Old 01-20-2003, 03:54 AM
Krusty

It doesn't matter if you run 5% or 25% nitro, if you don't know how to tune your engine and make the mistake of running it too "lean", you will burn it up. Even if you use FAI fuel (no nitro) and run lean, you will prematurely shorten the engine's life.
Old 01-20-2003, 05:53 PM
}{unter

im with krusty

}{unter
Old 01-20-2003, 10:57 PM
Knoxville
My Feedback: (1)

Default Fuel

The owner of my LHS makes his own fuel it only has racing methonal and 18 castrol oil in NO NITRO and it runs great he runs it in all of his planes and it will make the engine last 5 times as long because no corrosive nitro (unless run to lean) to torture the insides of my engine and the best part of all only $10.00 per gallon (no tax either ) so i can buy 5 gals for $50.00 which is AWESOME cause for nitro it is like i think correct if im wrong but the cheapest is like 80.00$ and that is cheap fuel (junk imo) but anyway i dont like running nitro but i do every once in a while u know cause it adds a bit more power
Old 06-22-2007, 11:01 PM
mike1990323

Default RE: Fuel Selection for T-maxx 2.5

im new to this whole world just got a Tornado BB in a trade with a friend. he couldent get it to run right and i finally did after hours of reading on the internet about tuneing and stuff. now my question is i have used about 10 tanks in about 2 days. thats a lot to me lol.... but what i want to know is that can i run methonal in my engine or not. i race gokarts and i have gallons and gallons of meth laying around. and some with nitro added to it. and some that has oil added to it for my high horse power engines. can i run this methonal in my r/c car engine or not.
thanks
Old 06-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Rice_slayer

Default RE: Fuel Selection for T-maxx 2.5

I run 20% in my warhead, the fuel is almost a year old and runs great still, about 2/3 of a gallon left(blew up early last year and ran out of funding). But i run my truck a tad bit richer than i should, it makes the truck blow more smoke but it also helps with lubcricating the engine thus, making longer engine life. My LHS owner does this with his trucks and got an engine to last 5 years by doing it and making sure it is run in good weather. I use Trinity Monster Horsepower 20% fuel, its purple .