Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Integy Tools = Junk & Bad Service

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Integy Tools = Junk & Bad Service

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 03:44 PM
chuked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integy Tools = Junk & Bad Service

So I just got a brand new set of Integy hex drivers and on the first use the driver snaps the head off in the screw. The screw was not locktited and hardly any force was applied to the screw. I sent an email to Integy to replace my tip and this is what they said:

"Thank you for your e-mail inquiry. The wrench tips are made with HSS drill blanks, they are very hard just like a small drill bit. The material properties prevent the hex drive head from stripping, the hardness also makes them brittle. Therefore, warranty does not cover them against breakage. The three small sizes hex tip can break if excessive torque is applied. We offer replacement tips for hex wrench and they're also commonly available from hobby shops:

http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...tml?p_catid=11

Here is the color codes for the hex wrench set:
Gun: 0.05"
Red: 1.5mm
Black: 1/16"
Purple: 3/32"
Green: 5/64"
Blue: 2.5mm

Best Regards,
Bill @ Integy Tech Support"

..Like I would buy another piece of crap! My 50 cent Allen wrench works better than these crap tools. The tool set was INTC22301 , just so that everyone knows to stay away!
Old 10-27-2006, 04:56 PM
RCtruckRacer

Default RE: Integy Tools = Junk & Bad Service

The word Integy alone is enough to shy me away from whatever it is I am looking at. I've had bad luck with their butter soft aluminum truck parts. I've seen many others echo the same sentiment. Sorry for you loss. But, at least you know now!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:16 PM
89ram

bill at integy is a real jewel. they won't have to worry about customer service for long if they keep it up, they won't have any customers. ask sim2u how he feels about their customer service. his experience with them was unbelievable!
Old 10-27-2006, 08:31 PM
secretsg

Whoa weird. Those hex drivers are one of the only good things I hear about Integy. Weird it would break like that. Most other companies offers a replacement tip + shipping for a minimal fee though.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:57 PM
jombo

walmart has a set of allen wrenches for a 1.50. and for 3.00 you can get standard and metric. and they come in their own carry pouch, whooo hooo[sm=lol.gif].
Old 10-27-2006, 09:12 PM
89ram

tools for less than the cost of shipping? gawwwleeee!
Old 10-27-2006, 10:10 PM
chuked

They actually had the nerve to offer me a "discount" on a replacement. As I told them, I already paid for the tools once and shouldn't have to pay again. Maybe they should include some KY Jelly with their products.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Tbizz

they should sell it with all RC products....cuz I like it
Old 10-29-2006, 12:28 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: chuked

They actually had the nerve to offer me a "discount" on a replacement. As I told them, I already paid for the tools once and shouldn't have to pay again. Maybe they should include some KY Jelly with their products.
LOL!

I bought a few integy hex drivers and broke 2 of them. Not on first use, but not long after either. Pieces of junk...
I went back to using my automotive tools. My snap on 1/4 inch drive long hex's work great, but sometimes it's hard to get in tight spots. Oh well, at least they dont break so easy.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:44 PM
oregonrevoman

i have had good luck with a brand called WIHA. i don't know if that is correct spelling but is pronounce WEEEE HAAAA.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:13 PM
gkcontra

WIHA and HUDY are great tools for RC, but they are $$$$. I have had the best bang for the buck from Craftsman at Sears. If you break or strip something, take it back for a free replacement.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:10 PM
crazyjr

I got them and love them, better than the assosiated ones a friend has
Old 10-30-2006, 08:52 AM
SAVAGEJIM

I too have heard how horrible Integy products and services are. They are a bunch of greedy punks who skimp on costs to save too much money and not apply it where it counts: Quality and Service. The materials are weak, they use lower grade alum, etc. What entegy said:

by chuked:
The wrench tips are made with HSS drill blanks, they are very hard just like a small drill bit. The material properties prevent the hex drive head from stripping, the hardness also makes them brittle. Therefore, warranty does not cover them against breakage. The three small sizes hex tip can break if excessive torque is applied.
This is a sign that the materials are low grade. They are trying to hide behind technobabble about metallurgy, but thie technobabble is BS. If they were truely ezperts in metallurgy and not the cheap *******s they are, they would used higher grade materials that can provide both the hardness AND strength to resist breaking. I can literally go to a cheap-o hardware store like Harbor Freight (don't get me wrong, I shop at Harbor Freight and love it) and find allen wrenches that are way cheaper than Integy and stronger as well!

I bought a flywheel and clutchsoe set that I thought was for my specific truck. When it came in the mail, I was distrought to discover that they were Integy CRAP. That's what I get for not reading into the add more. Oh well, I only lost $15 (including the S&H). When this part fails, I am going to chunk them as far as I can. Because of Integy's horrid and poor cutomer service, not to just the end user, but to the distributers and retailers also, I cannot return my Integy crap flywheel set even though I have not even used it yet!!!

For allen wrenches, I strongly suggest Bondhus ball point he wrenches. These have lasted me for over a year before I broke the ball off of the 2.5mm wrench. (Actually, it was my fault. I tightened a head bolt too tight with pliers. When taking off the head, again with pliers, I broke the ball off and imbedded it in the bold head.) When I broke it, I simply mailed it in (less than $2 for shipping) and they mailed me a new set of wrenches for free! When they say lifetime warrantee, they mean it!

Top that Integy!!!! RPM, GPM, and other aftermarket stuff offer free lifetime repalcement warrantees for all their products, but you guys don't!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:19 AM
jnev

on my rc18 I bought integy shocks. a guy I was driving with ran into me at maybe 10mph, end result: snapped one shock in half, bent another. I thought it was a fluke and rebuilt them. next day I was jumping, run into someone at again no more than 10mph, bend both front shocks, one is leaking worse than anything I have seen.. it made a puddle in my bag.

I will never buy anything by integy again. there's a reason they're so cheap.