Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Breakage!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 07:07 PM
SINNER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breakage!!!!!

Just make the 60 mile trek to the not so LHS yesterday to get some much needed fuel. While I was there I picked up the much wanted RPM Titan wheels, Dominator tires and got an extended look at a $5000.00 Tmaxx. Nope thats not a typo.
Went out today to see how the tires and wider offset wheels run and I broke the freakin driveshaft to the right rear wheel. Anyone know what the best replacement driveshaft for the 2.5 Tmaxx is ? Don't know if the stock part was defective(the whole yoke where it's pinned to the outdrive exploded) or if this thing just puts out too much power for a plastic part to contain. Come on maxx freaks, help me out. thanks
Old 01-19-2003, 10:56 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Breakage!!!!!

SINNER.....OUCH!!! That's not good.

I just bought a set of Ofna Pitrate wheels and tires (not here yet) and am now wondering if I will be experiencing the same thing as you. I;m curious....where you off-road....jumping or just goofing around? I've added a link to a site where you might find what you need. Whatever you find out....let us know as I will be interested also.

http://www.carttonic.com/catalog/ind...,11888&uid=466
Old 01-19-2003, 11:48 PM
SINNER

Default Breakage!!!!!

Thanks for the link, Tower is out of the shafts right now so these guys may get my money. To answer your question, I was just goofin off on the oval out back. I gave it some gas about 5 min into the run and those dominator tires hooked up hard. It wheelied and actually left the ground, when it came back down it kept the wheels up for about 30 yards. Made a few more laps and lost forward momentum. I think you'll be happy with the dominator tires(they have a kinda nike swoosh tread pattern) they seem to handle well and really dig in everything. I think it was just a combo of 12 degree weather good traction and 2.5 power,hehe. Oh well , I'd rather fix a few driveshafts than have to buy another motor for power. nylon and cold don't mix do they?
Old 01-19-2003, 11:52 PM
SINNER

Default Breakage!!!!!

p.s. Talked to 3maxxman about shafts(thanks again). He said stock is just as good as cvd's and better on cost in the long run. One other thing CMO. The dominator tires are a little smaller all the way around than the stock tires, but I didn't flip in the turns like I usually do. Maybe change to a bigger clutch bell to keep top speed.
Old 01-20-2003, 01:51 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Breakage!!!!!

Man I love this place!

Tons of good info.....brought to us all via data lines. Ya gotta love it!

So....I'm surprised to hear that the Ofna Pirates are smaller. I was hoping they were going to be larger for that "I want to climb those rocks" feeling.

Yes....I think your right about cold temps. Easy to break things when it's as cold as it is in your neck of the woods. Buuurrrr.

3maxxman is a very good source of help / info. I'm glad we have his input here! You listening 3maxxman? Thanks for all of your help!
Old 01-20-2003, 04:06 AM
Savage Nation

Default Breakage!!!!!

Pro-Line CVD's for me........

Designed for the 2.5 and WIDE kits....

Good luck!
Old 01-21-2003, 12:34 AM
SINNER

Default Breakage!!!!!

Yeah, it's proline mip cvd's for me too it seems. Just got a call from RCBOYS and the one part I really needed is backordered. From what they said, traxxas is holding all part shippments so they have enough parts to build all the tmaxx's we're buying. Explains the parts shortage. Oh well, just another hole in the wallet. On the plus side this company seems to be well run. The sales rep was very friendly and helpful. She even said she get my revised order ready in the 20 minutes that she had before ups guy was getting there. Should have by thursday . Supposed to be highs in the 30's for the rest of the week