RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

my first r/c truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 12:59 AM
ddb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first r/c truck

i just got the dura trax maximum st
Has any one had this truck before . So far i have broken 2 turn buckels and the rear uppr brace . I haven't realy driven it very hard yet . any good suggestion
Duane
Old 01-20-2003, 01:24 AM
LandShark

congratulations, you got your first nitro, i broke my first part ^^
Old 01-20-2003, 01:56 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

ddb.....If your running in cold temps.....you can break parts easily....no matter what rig your driving. Plastic and metal can become brittle in cold temps so you might want to go easy if you intend to drive it while it's cold out.

Good Luck!
Old 01-20-2003, 02:22 AM
ddb

Originally posted by crash_me_over
ddb.....If your running in cold temps.....you can break parts easily....no matter what rig your driving. Plastic and metal can become brittle in cold temps so you might want to go easy if you intend to drive it while it's cold out.

Good Luck!
thank it has been about 20 degrees have you had many parts break
Old 01-20-2003, 03:05 AM
crash_me_over

No I haven't as I do not run my rigs in cold weather. Must be my age keeping me indoors.
Old 01-20-2003, 03:27 AM
LandShark

crash_me_over
there is no photos in your gallery, come on, upload some pics.

i will upload my pics later
Old 01-20-2003, 03:57 AM
crash_me_over

LandShark....OK.....I'll add that to my project list. I just never really thought about it. Don't want people to think I'm trying to show off.
Old 01-20-2003, 05:30 AM
LandShark

why not. showing off your hobbies is cool. but i have nothing

to show off, i just have a RTR savage.

i am sure that you have built sonething youself
Old 01-20-2003, 05:09 PM
crash_me_over

I have been building and flying airplanes for years (18 years). Beginning in 1992....then in 1996....then in 1999.....I have had 3 spinal surgeries that slowed me down in the airplane hobby. In fact....I thought that I would not be able to enjoy flying airplanes again....so after my second operation in 1996....I sold all of my airplanes.....everything. I was focusing on getting my health back and didn't think I would be able to enjoy the hobby.....so I sold everything.

After my last surgery in 1999....a friend....a young man whom I taught how to fly years ago....and whom I had lost touch with (he moved away)....had called me on the phone and we talked about the fun we had while flying years ago. We really had an enjoyable conversation....we exchanged addresses....and then said our good byes. One night upon returning home in the evening.....I found a huge box sitting on my door step. It was from my friend that I had spoken to on the phone. He was so saddened by my situation....to hear that I no longer had any RC airplanes....equipment....etc.....that he went out and bought me an ARF (almost ready to fly) airplane....complete with engine.....tuned pipe.....the whole works. I sat in amazement and just stared at that airplane and then began to wonder if I could once again....enjoy the hobby as I use to.

That was the beginning of my returning to the hobby once again....and I have been enjoying it ever since. I also thought that getting into RC cars/trucks would be a good decision since I don't have to look up as I do while flying my airplanes (had two neck fusions) so the off-road trucks have become "another aspect" of enjoying this hobby.

So....here I am....enjoying this great place "RCU" and all of the good people who come here to share valuable information and camaraderie. How could life be any better?

Thanks All!
Old 01-20-2003, 11:01 PM
Bluehydro8

I think I speak for most of the people here. You have been a very valuable member in this community, not just because of your insight on rc but for the advise that we have all worked off of. Thank you Crash
Old 01-20-2003, 11:18 PM
LandShark

crash_me_over, my friend. the story is lovely, and great thanks

to the guy who brought you back into the hobby world again.

crash_me_over is the most helpful person in this forum.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:52 AM
flbucsguy

Originally posted by LandShark
crash_me_over, my friend. the story is lovely, and great thanks

to the guy who brought you back into the hobby world again.

crash_me_over is the most helpful person in this forum.
I have not been around here long, but from what I have seen and read on these forums since being here, I would have to agree....
Old 01-21-2003, 02:29 AM
Mudman

This is only the second time I`ve posted a message but I have been reading a lot of the post and would agree the crash is very helpfull with alot of questions us newbees have. Thanks Crash
Old 01-21-2003, 05:48 AM
crash_me_over

WOW!!!....You guys sure make a person feel welcome!

LandShark....Yes....I have said some very grateful expressions to my friend who helped me get back into this awesome hobby. If not for him....I might have left it alone. It's funny.....even if the body has problems....the mind still wants to enjoy all that there is in life.

Bluehydro8

LandShark

flbucsguy

Mudman

A big thanks to all of you. I watch....and I read what you all have to say......you guys are good! You help make this place fun to be at. Keep up the good work guys.....I do enjoy your thoughts and input.

This also applies to the many others who also offer allot of excellent advise and help!
Old 01-21-2003, 06:01 AM

Yeah this forum is great. It has saved me (and my parents who have to drive me) many trips to the hobby shop. But wait..i like going to the hobby shop..i could stay there for hours looking at stuff that i really want but will probably never own....i cant wait till i start makin money...

and crash, this forum would be nothing without u, you know everything!
Old 01-21-2003, 06:22 AM
crash_me_over

987982.....I know what you mean about enjoying your time at the hobby shop. I walk into one and I just want to look at everything.

Thanks for the kind comment. I don't think I really know everything.....In fact I know I don't. My wife helps me to remember that I sometimes forget to take out the garbage. See.....you would think by now I would "know that" and that I should do that for her without her asking me to.

987982....you'll make money.....find a part time job....maybe do some summer work? I know I use to mow lawns....rake leaves....work a paper route....different things to earn money. You can to! Just work at it....ask around and see who can offer you some jobs that you can handle. There has to be something?

Hang in there!
Old 01-21-2003, 07:19 AM
Dlock

Crash we all appreciate you knowledge, and willingness to share. You are a untapped resource of RC knowledge. I thank you for your time and patience in these forums. Cheers!!!
Old 01-21-2003, 09:15 PM

I wish i could get a part time job..but its basketball season and i have practice every day for 2 and a half hours so i have no time. Hopefully my dad will let me do some work for him this summer!