RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

For any Savage racers

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Guizmo17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For any Savage racers

Hi,

In few days I'll have a Savage 25 with a os.30, 3 speed trans, and some more non-stock stuff. I would like to know your stuff, maybe pictures, and if a lower center of gravity chassis his really worth it.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:45 PM
senator050

Default RE: For any Savage racers

G'day mate run pretty much the same only diffrence iam running Team infinity .30 monster and the 3 spd,Fit a set of Proline BigJoe 40 series and you wont need to go for the lower CG as the foot print compinsates for the height, And the bonus with these on hard dirt track excellent drifting.
have a look at my garage and you will see how much wider the stance is.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Chronic

Default RE: For any Savage racers

Go into the HPI MT forum and ask this. There are several of us in there who have or do currently race a Savage and could give some advice.

LCG TVPs help alot. That's why HPI themselves went in this direction with the Savage X, and lowered the center of gravity by 5mm. What you are doing is lowering the engine, exhaust, transmission, and fuel tank down on the chassis... by as much as 12mm depending on the brand/style TVP used.