Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

A clean Monster Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 02:53 PM
jamadon30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A clean Monster Truck?

I am new to the MT, but i have been beating the crap out of mine. But looking at some of the pic people takes of theirs is all nice and clean. Am i driving mine wrong or these guys need to be driving a touring car? :-)
Old 11-02-2006, 03:25 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Default RE: A clean Monster Truck?

During week before race (take pictures to record setup)

Note single sticker on hood, LST ready to go to Friday night races.

That night after the races. (additional sticker on hood)

Next morning

20 minutes later....
Old 11-02-2006, 03:27 PM
RCtruckRacer

I tear all my race trucks down and clean everything after almost every race. I know almost all racers do this, and probably many bashers as well. Benefits include longer lasting bearings, finding parts that are weakening and/or about to break, better (more exacting) set-ups, and of course having a photographic rig!

I have taken my LST apart so many times I do believe I could rebuild one blindfolded. It also only takes about half the time it used to. It's pretty much the same with all my trucks.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Rice_slayer

I never clean my truck. Sure after i bash i take the air compressor and blow some of it off but its a dang truck, its meant to be dirty!
Old 11-02-2006, 05:28 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I agree, these people who clean their trucks are dorks!!!

Old 11-02-2006, 05:46 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: RCtruckRacer

.... I know almost all racers do this, and probably many bashers as well..

....I have taken my LST apart so many times I do believe I could rebuild one blindfolded...
Agreed.. and Agreed (MGT though)...

I am a basher (for now) and after a good day of running, I'll tear the truck down completely if needed to get it almost spotless.. My cleaning setup, supplies and end result look a lot like 2D's.. A buddy of mine calls me "anal" and gives me a hard time 'cause my truck looks almost new every time we run..[sm=confused.gif].. the bottom line is I like to work on and take care of my stuff as much as I like driving.. also, I've had a helluva lot less issues with mine which I believe is a direct result.. (and I drive my truck a LOT harder..)
Old 11-02-2006, 07:11 PM
jamadon30

ORIGINAL: Rice_slayer

I never clean my truck. Sure after i bash i take the air compressor and blow some of it off but its a dang truck, its meant to be dirty!
Amen to that brother.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:03 PM
2DMaxLST!!

There are a couple of guys who give me crap about showing up with a new looking truck every week. I'm glad a few people don't clean and maintain their trucks though, they are handy for pitting me in the main and fueling me on the gate, after they break down.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Rice_slayer

as said, i dont race, just bash. I dont care if it has dirt on it, as long as no chunks are in the running gear its good to go!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:13 PM
RCtruckRacer

There was a guy, season before last, that never cleaned his rigs. It always seemed like he was breaking down. Around the second to last race I was up on the drivers stand when I was nearly hit in the head (accidently) by a DX3 TX that had been thrown from the other side of the track and into the parking lot. Scared the crap out of me. I had to stop and look to see what was going on. As I did, I saw the guy take his MBX5 Prospec and lauch it as hard as he could into a tree. He then proceeded to jump up and down on top of it about 5-6 times. He made his wife pick up all the pieces and throw them into the trash. We never saw him again (thank god!). Talk about an anger problem!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT saying that anyone who doesn't clean their truck is like that - far from it. He just happened to be a guy that never cleaned his rig. He also probably never did any maintenance either. Go figure
Old 11-02-2006, 09:16 PM
2DMaxLST!!

During bashing they make excellent camera guys.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Wide Open

during driving season i take the air compressor to it after every bashing session. then i go over the whole thing getting the hard to reach dirt off, but i never seem to take the whole thing apart. i generally give mine a good inspection every couple months unless i break something, then im forced to give it an inspection.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Rice_slayer

Thats the EXACT thing i do wide open, just clean off as much dirt as possible, and make sure it works!
Old 11-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Wide Open

ORIGINAL: Rice_slayer

Thats the EXACT thing i do wide open, just clean off as much dirt as possible, and make sure it works!
lol, brothers in bashing
Old 11-02-2006, 11:51 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Word, I completely agree brah!!
Old 11-03-2006, 01:36 PM
redfox03

i mainly just get off all the big chunks of dirt or whatever is on the chasis and around the gears. one day i was out bashing with the mgt in some fresh cut grass, and after that i just put it down stairs till the next day. it was covered in grass, and it was every where. so i took the tires off to knock some grass out of them, and what do ya know. a small caterpillar was living on the other side of the rim under some of the grass. but at the end of the week, i usually break it all the way down and clean it, especially after i take it on a vacation with me.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:42 AM
INTEGRA

A dirty rig will NEVER treat u as good as a Well Inspected Clean truck will.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:01 AM
mcstarr25

i posted about this once, i took the motor off, pipe, electronics. it looked brand new, but man was it a pain in the butt. now i just keep using the air compress, soem simple green on the tires, go around the chassis with a rag and some stuff, maybe a lil wd-40 and some bering oil in the wheel berings. it looks fine, i mean i dont take pics of it so it doesnt need to be showroom perfect. i dont think anyone at our track does that really on a regular basis, i mean we have jobs, kids, whatever...it would become time consuming after every damn race, especially since we would go out 3 nights a week at least.

but now since it's down in the high 30's outside, i packed the truck and stadium away with a nice good through cleaning waiting in the garage for next year
Old 12-12-2006, 07:49 AM
Phatmat

every time i drive mine i always clean it with metholated spitits and an air compressor. however have you guys ever heard of the Mega Force? it was my first MT, and now my suspension paint is peeling off ... it makes my MT look very unclea, where it really is clean. can't wait to get new ones =D.

however, mine always manages to lead oil from the engine, any suggestions where it may leak from? wat are some usual spots ... maybe the exaust ot the carby? cause i wanna fix this, every run its completley oily again.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

the muffler coupling leaks some times, the carb if it is not sealed, and get a exhaust redirecter out the back of the truck.

I clean my truck after every run ususally, just a rag and some rc cleaner. But about once every month or two, depending on how bad it is, i take the elec, off and the usual, and clean her up real nice!
Old 12-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Fiegs

im have a schedule as to when i clean my trucks.
are races are on saturday nights.
so every friday night i take all the electronics out and remove the engine.
saturday mourning i wash my real car(1:1) scale.
and then wash my revo with the hose and some simple green.
use the air compressor to get it dry and install all the parts back on.
so saturday night i have a really clean revo inside a really clean g35.

Heres a pic of the revo after a cleaning.(im putting electronics and engine back in)

And heres what im driving to the track in.

Life is good.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:36 PM
rustykid

ok Thefinalcut, u never told me you were loaded. lol jesus to people a g35 is a lot and im one of them. Very clean REVO too.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Ken448

ORIGINAL: TheFinalCut
Heres a pic of the revo after a cleaning.(im putting electronics and engine back in)
That Revo has NEVER been driven. You arent putting it back together after a cleaning, you are building it!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:06 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

^yea!

ill post pics of what cleaning assembly line/workstation/project area/2nd home/thingy looks like.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:12 PM
wyd

I always keepp all my cars clean no matter what they are and what type of racing I'm doing. Keeping it clean makes it easier for me to find slight cracks in the parts or any other problems the dirt might be hiding. Also like when people notice how nice I keep my stuff because when its time for me to sell my stuff guys are beating each other to pay me for my stuff. So for me cleaning is a great thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.