Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

jr XR3 Pro Vs. Spektrum DX3

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 07:34 PM
spikeitaudi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jr XR3 Pro Vs. Spektrum DX3

Which one is better and why? Going to be using this on my Revo. Tried the Radio Forum but no responses.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:14 PM
nkbrisson

Default RE: jr XR3 Pro Vs. Spektrum DX3

I would go with the Spektrum DX3 for the reason that is DSM, no need to chance channels or crystals, the JR is a great radio, but its FM and is synthesized which means that you can change the channel manually, similar to crystals, just with no crystals, it has little dials on the RX and TX to set the channels. So for those reasons the Spektrum is a better buy.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:34 PM
duckedup

For how cheap you can get a JR XS3 synth.(non pro) on ebay, it's hard to beat... changing the channels is easy and convenient if/when needed. If it's just between the XS3 'pro' and the Spektrum, I'd probably get the Spektrum, DSM is better.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:59 PM
spikeitaudi

I was thinking about the Xr3 non pro as well, but the prices online for the Xr3pro vs non-pro aren't that different. Any other sets I should be looking at in the same price range. Thxs so far for the responses.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Chronic

Are you asking about the JR XR3-i or the JR XS3 Pro?... I don't think they make a XR3 Pro. I know nothing about the XR3s, but I think they are crystal radios.

I have a Spektrum DX3 and a JR XS3(non-Pro). I looked at the XS3 Pro before I got the Spektrum and it seems to be a nice radio. It feels good in the hand and it has alot of features. I had a hard time deciding, but after owning the Spektrum I will never go back to anything less. The next nice radio for me will probably be a Nomadio unless Spektrum comes out with something better before then.

It spoils you very quickly. The range is farther than you would ever feel comfortable with, and glitching is a thing of the past. The antenna on the radio is only 5" long and it's flexible. You wouldn't believe how nice that is until you use it for awhile. Same thing with the antenna on the car. It can stay inside the body, nice and safe. TX batts last a long time, it has a built in failsafe, easy to program and use... it's just a nice setup. I LOVE my DX3, even if does only have a three model memory and it lacks a couple of the really high-end features.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:43 PM
spikeitaudi

Yes XS3 Pro, sorry not XR3 pro.

Thanks for that review. That is what exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for.

Thxs.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:27 AM
Phelansa

I own an XS3 Pro, I love the radio. Very nice system to have with the PLL and Synth. I am not trying to knock the JR, I am in fact a huge fan........

But everytime I see the Spectrum I wish I had gone that route instead
Old 11-07-2006, 02:43 AM
duckedup

I'm happy with my XS3, hard to beat for the price you can get them for on the bay.. If/when I upgrade, it'll probably be a Nomadio.. but those are freakin' spendy![sm=greedy.gif]

Here's a link that might interest you, if you don't mind used.. [link=http://stc007rc.com/M****RUM/index.php?topic=2090.msg21022;topicseen#msg21022]Spektrum DX3[/link]
Old 11-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Chronic

Yeah the XS3 is a nice radio. I like mine and I recommend it alot to people who are looking to upgrade on a budget. Like you said, there are some really nice deals on ebay if you keep an eye out for them. My LST2 is still using the stock XS3 that it came with, for now anyway, and I have no complaints.

The new Nomadio React looks nice... well, actually it looks like crap... but it has some neat features from the little I have read about it so far.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:38 AM
spikeitaudi

Does the Spektrum DX3 require a different battery or can I use the stock battery on the Revo to power it. Sorry problay a newb question, but just want to make sure the Reciever is pretty much a plug and play upgrade. No other upgrades needed.

Thanks again.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Phelansa

I dont know the voltage of the stock battery on the Revo. But any 4.5-6Volt battery should work. I wait to be corrected :-p
Old 11-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Chronic

It will work with the stock battery pack. The Spektrum RX is a bit of a power hog though, and I would recommend upgrading from the cheap RTR pack when possible, especially if you plan on running good servos.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:27 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: Chronic

The new Nomadio React looks nice... well, actually it looks like crap... but it has some neat features from the little I have read about it so far.
yeah, they definitely shoulda' spent a little more time on it's looks.. I actually didn't check it out or even consider it for a long time because of that lol..it wasn't until I heard more about it on here that I actually looked into it, probably kinda' stupid but it's really ugly and I had a hard time getting passed that..
Old 11-08-2006, 11:54 AM
spikeitaudi

Thanks all to who responded. I ended up getting a JR XS3 Pro for 142 brand new. Couldn't passup on this offer.

Maybe I get the DX3 Down the road.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Phelansa

You will enjoy the JR, I have absolutely no doubt