Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Does anybody have 4 wheel steering on their Tmaxx?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Does anybody have 4 wheel steering on their Tmaxx?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 01:32 AM
daaaaaan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody have 4 wheel steering on their Tmaxx?

Hey, I just saw another thread that somebody made 4 wheel steering for their savage. Well, I think this would be pretty kick ass, and wondering if anybody has made one for the tmaxx? If so, how's it work? And could you post pics?

If not, I think I have a new project to make
Old 01-22-2003, 04:24 PM
yunt2chat

I'm going to check it out for my T-MAX. I think I can switch sides with the rear tie rods and add a servo with a tierod end and it would work. About the only thing is wiring it up. I don't know if I can wire it to the front steering servo and as it works one it would work the other. Also debating about putting an inline shut off switch so i can go from two wheel steer to four wheel steer if I would like. I just purchased my first truck and I haven't started this project yet but I think I'm heading in the right direction. If someone could tell me how I could wire it up I think It just might work. Only thing is it will turn very sharp and I roll it enough. Tony
Old 01-22-2003, 04:34 PM
Dlock

I was just cruising around the internet and I found a site that has all the stuff you need for 4 wheel steering. http://www.harcohobbies.com/tmaxx_zo...ket_stuff.aspx It's in the second colum about half the way down. I am not sure how much it costs or what it really comes with. Maybe this will help you fullfill your dreams ....
Old 01-22-2003, 05:06 PM
yunt2chat

Thanks, excellent
Old 01-23-2003, 12:28 AM
Bluehydro8

I was the guy who put 4 wheel steering in to a savage. Installing a 4-wheel system is not as hard as you think. The cool thing about the savage and t-maxx is that the dogbones are similar and will take no more effort than I used for my savage. I could e-mail you some info if you'd like.