Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Duratrax Warhead EVO

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 08:55 AM
lordwarduke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Duratrax Warhead EVO

Thanks choops, i just happened to see an ad for Proline bodies in RC Driver and it said the MGT also fits Warhead. Just got the truck in the other day. Fired it up yesterday, idle was waaaay high. Only had time to run the first tank through it but it fired up fairly easily. Already put in a Futaba 3PM 2.4ghz Faast radio system though. (I'm spoiled by 2.4 and computer radio adjustments) I'll post again after I get done with the breakin and a few more tanks.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:04 PM
lordwarduke

Ok, I ran the breakin tanks through the EVO. I'll have to say, this truck wants to perform. Starting is a cynch and engine runs very well. I did encounter a problem with the fuel tank lid. It had a manufacturing defect in the form of a small crack where the fuel fitting screws in. This caused fuel residue to be pushed out on the tank and a small loss of pressure to the fuel tank, which in turn caused a leaner mixture that made it run a bit hot. I contacted Duratrax car support via email and recieved a very pleasing and rapid response. They are going to send an entire replacement tank for the truck. That IMO says alot about the company. Sure, I'm a bit bummed about the fact that I prob won't get the tank in in time to be able to take it to the track this weekend but defects like this sort happen. Just remember, in RC you're going to encounter problems like these, it's how the company responds to them and Duratrax gets 5 stars from me on customer service!

I'll post again once I get the new tank in and can performance tune it and get it on the track.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:21 PM
jimbo_98
My Feedback: (2)

well i havent been in here for ages jeeze that was way back never did start my warhead cause the gears striped while breaking it in and yesterday i decided im bored and need something to do and i forgot about my warhead eveing having one lol so i took it down to the hobby shop getting new gear in it and having them break it in :P
Old 09-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Uglysteve

The LHS near me sells this thing and when i asked the owner about why they sell this piece of junk, he said, "We've figured them out...they just run at 300 degrees. Once you get past that, they are fine." I say no thanks.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:28 PM
riverat1540

well today i was running and lost all motion foward and reverse. tooka apart the tranny expecting to find a mess of ground gears and couldnt find anything after further inspection i found the one way bearing was done for and also chewed up the shaft also. so 15 dollars later ill have it back in. never had this happen before maybe its for getting on and off the throttle so much. also does anyone make a roll cage for this thing. im tired of replacing shock towers and body mounts every time i flip it at any speed. im still under stress teck warranty but still a pain in the but. my engine runs great after sealing it but still runs a little hot at times about 290 at the hottest though but never seems to over heat i just take it easy for a little while when it gets hot. i found running the low speed needle rich enough where it takes about 3 to 4 secs to kill the car after pinching the fuel line works best for keeping temps low still good take off power spits oil at idle though but cant hurt. really a great truck for the money but no means a basher unless u plan on breaking something most likely ur shock towers and body mounts no matter how low or high u got them set. my roll bar is bent and my chassis a little tweeked towards the front and makes it hard to mount the skip plate. i found that if u dont beat it and keep it on all four wheels ull be in good shape. but if i could find a roll cage or someone to make me one id buy it in a heart beat especially if the body mounted to it.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:25 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

ORIGINAL: bbmods

there is pic of my trucks on now. of any one has any ? please ask and ill help as best as i can. ill have better pics of the all alum truck later.......the race truck turns better then any other mt that i have driven.....
Nice looking Evo... What body is the orange & yellow one you are running on it?? What about the wing mount?? you say you are using the Raze wing is it also the Raze wing mount??
Old 09-13-2007, 03:46 PM
jimbo_98

should have gotten my warhead evo back wends day but the gear never came so I called them today he said he got it, 2 hours later he said that the one way bearing was out so he had to put that on now and I get it tomorrow, now he just called me and said it was the one way bearing and that it has something to do with the eazy start so now he has to order that damn i want my truck lol
Old 09-17-2007, 12:01 PM
jimbo_98

hope i can pick my truck up today if its ready
Old 09-17-2007, 01:52 PM
bckyrdbshr

To anyone that is running a wing on your Warhead, are you using the Raze wing mount or another brand mount???
Old 09-17-2007, 01:53 PM
bckyrdbshr

ORIGINAL: jimbo_98

hope i can pick my truck up today if its ready
What was the problem with it???
Old 11-18-2007, 10:58 PM
warheadspeed

Im new to nitro and i bout the warhead then did the evo upgrade, but im still haveing problems while tuning. its always running and and never has anypowe, i do what it says to do but its still now working out can anyone help me out thanks.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:08 AM
davido666

Did you buy the truck used. Is that why you did the evo upgrade. What type of fuel are you using. I tried the monster fuel in mine but the stuff is not very good. So I switched back to sidewinder 20% and the truck runs better. You may want to check your glow plug in the engine. Take the glow plug out and check the coil. Hook up the glow starter to the plug and see how it looks. If it is deformed or a large portion of the wire is not red then replace the plug with a new medium plug. Do you have the tuning DVD that came with the car. It can help out a beginner. I had problems with my warhead evo when I bought the truck. Mine was used and the prevous owner did not do any maintanice on it. I took the engine out and sealed it with high temp sealant. There are web sites that talk about how to seal the engine. You have to be carefull when sealing the engine because on the starter end of the moter when you take off the end easy start and the plate there is a small pin and spring on the crank that will fall off. You have to watch for these parts when you take it apart that they don't fall into the engine. What do you mean by it is always running? If you have the idle stop screw set and the high speed need set to aroung 4 turns out it is a good place to start. If you have no power the engine might be to rich and it is bogging down. Try leaning it out by 1/8 of a turn at a time. If the engine was used make sure it has good compression. It is a good idea to have a temp guage because then you can monitor the engine temps while leaning it out. You don't want to overheat the engine or you will kill it.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:33 PM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

Hey guys im running duratrax red alert 20% in my truck and it seems to love it, i think this truck likes alot of lube in the fuel or some it seems?
Old 11-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Dokioto

I am starting to like this truck more and more- http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/9049
Good prise to
Old 11-23-2007, 04:33 PM
motodude11

yeah that is a steal also look at there tt st-1 price its freakin crazy
Old 11-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: motodude11

yeah that is a steal also look at there tt st-1 price its freakin crazy
Ya, I am going to order one of those soon..
Old 11-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Dokioto

How does this trucks drive-train hold up?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:40 PM
motodude11

i've had some problems with the cv's and the topshaft gear in the tranny. The cv's were do to the fact i had it in rumble mode NEVER DO THIS, i called duratrax and they said rumble mode cause abnormal wear due to the extreme angles the cv's were operating at. And the top shaft gear i believe was due the fact i gave it more snap with the ultralight bell and the aluminum shoes, but i added the reverse eliminator just in case to reduce the rotational mass of the tranny. No problems since then.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Dokioto

Would you have gotten the TT ST1 over the Warhead?
Old 11-24-2007, 04:14 PM
motodude11

I dont know, I love my warhead its designed for something completley different than the st-1. The st-1 is a race truggy and from what i've read it is a great one. I believe that my warhead is an exceptional MT. so if i had to do it all over again i probably do the same thing and buy the warhead? your decision should be base on what your going to be doing with it and which one you prefer either by looks or engine or anything else that you find important in a truck. The warhead is a great truck but if you read my other post in other forums it can be a pain in the butt plus its a little weird taking it apart the first couple times.
josh
Old 11-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Dokioto

I think the Warhead is going to satisfy my needs more that the ST1.. I am just a basher and the extra ground clearance of the warhead is nice. The one thing keeping me away from the it, are all the bad stories but it seems like a lot of people are just picking on it.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:35 PM
motodude11

yup if you notice alot of us warhead owners love it. alot of the people trashing on them dont even own them. Also me and my dad were talking and we figured something out. Alot of the people with savages etc. (aka more expensive trucks) love there trucks. This is because they dont "bash" there expensive trucks like they bash there less expensive trucks. Take the aftershock vs the lst2 people beat the crap out of the aftershock but they would baby there lst2 and therefore they love the lst2 because it doesnt break (wonder why) and hate the aftershock. also if you do get a warhead go lower or stay at factory settings DO NOT USE RUMBLE MODE it ruins your cv shafts top and bottom.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Dokioto

Do they have any updated cv shafts? The one problem I always have with RTRs are the servo.. Is it going to need work in that area?

Haha- Can you really hate an Aftershock and love a LST2 (to close trucks in my book)
Old 11-24-2007, 04:53 PM
motodude11

no updated shafts duratrax just replaced mine with stockers. Servos are great in this truck the steering servo is a metal gear high torque servo and it works great. I do recommend the aluminum bellcracks, and aluminum draglink though tightens up the slop the stock steering has. also do away with the reverse servo and get a reverse eliminator shaft.

- lol yea i agree my dad has the aftershock, but he got all the parts for an lst2 off ebay and now its an lst2 with an aftershock body for half the cost of an lst2
Old 11-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Dokioto

Great- Finlay a nice servo! Why get rid of the reverse? Messes things up with all the extra mass?

Also, what do you think about the stock engine? Thanks for all the info motodude

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.