Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

savage x or aftershock

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 08:08 PM
talkrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage x or aftershock

whats a better truck the savage x or aftershock?
Old 12-03-2006, 08:43 PM
farknben

Default RE: savage x or aftershock

Neither. Get the one you want and your LHS supports the most parts for.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:36 AM
mordraid

Those are two good trucks from 2 good companies. If you are the type of guy that buys at the Local hobby shop, then go for the model he carries. If you buy on the internet, get the model you like the most or the one with the better bargain.

I would say to go with the aftershock since the electronics provided with it is better than the savage.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:43 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't get either. All you ever hear about the Aftershock is what you need to upgrade on it to make it into an LST2, and that you might as well get the LST2 from the beginning, cuz you're gonna end up needing to upgrade a bunch of stuff. And the X RTR has a bunch of issues - TVP's, tranny case, diffs, etc.. The Savage X SS has apparently solved all those issues, plus you can choose your own electronics, so for those reasons - reason #1 for me being that the diffs are now shimmed in alu cups - that's the truck I'd recommend. Or maybe the LST2. Savage X SS and LST2, plus the Revo 3.3 seem to be the best things going right now. If you're on more of a budget, I'd check out an Associated Monster GT. They're supposedly very solid and tough, come with a .28 engine, and all for a very good price.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:13 AM
prinler4256

SAVAGE X!!!!!! NO DOUBT IN MY MIND!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Ken448

Depends on your intended use, really. If you want to build a cheap race machine that has the geometry of a winning truck, go with the Aftershock. BUT do some research on Drive shafts in the LST1 and Arms as well. Essentially the Aftershock is a LST1 with no reverse and a slightly cheaper radio. People with the Aftershock upgrade to LST2 status mainly due to durability issues.

If you want to bash and beat the snot out of something, then a Savage can take quite a beating (so Ive heard) Everyone that owns one loves it, and say they are built like a tank. Personally, I worked on a couple early Savages and it was a miserable experience. Too many steps to do simple things like service the diffs, etc. Im sure with the new "X" versions that was addressed, but I havent had a chance to tear one apart yet.