Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Traxxas Revo 3.3 vs. Hpi savage x

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Traxxas Revo 3.3 vs. Hpi savage x

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 12:01 AM
etphnhmz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Revo 3.3 vs. Hpi savage x

im concerned about power, and durability, and endurance. want some opinions.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:56 AM
m8a1r22t

Default RE: Traxxas Revo 3.3 vs. Hpi savage x

overall I would get the revo because of the proven race design, it is a strong truck and it is super fast with that 3.3 in it.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:46 PM
-SomeGuy-

I dont own a revo but from what i understand they can be made solid if you put a bunch of RPM parts on it. On the other hand the savage is known for its power, durability and endurance without any other parts needed. The only downside of the savage X is the TVPs has a weak spot under the engine but you can pick up a new set from the older model savage for cheap and problem solved. They also fixed this on the new XSS but its a kit, has no electronics and the body is clear (unpainted).
Old 12-09-2006, 12:43 AM
jnev

I'd get the revo unless you also consider the savage x ss. it basically fixes all the problems the savage x has, but it is more expensive (~$400 + electronics). I'd probably still get the revo, but it'd be a much tougher decision..
Old 05-17-2007, 09:18 AM
flow41

take a look at this video the revo 3.3 out runs badly the savage!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv3YlWbh0Eo
Old 05-17-2007, 09:41 AM
nitromonkee

As far as durability, they're both tough. I don't have a Savage, however, I do have a Revo. The Savage is probably a little tougher, but the Revo is tough enough. Just put rpm arms on it, and you're set. The Revo is way faster like flow41 showed.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:55 AM
3spdsavage

i Own both trucks. My savage ive had for almost 2 years now and have ran it at the track and also bashed it. Revo 3.3 is pretty fast stock. Faster than a savage stock. But the Revo ive just had so much bad luck with. Ive broken so many parts on it that its getting frustrating. I can drive pretty good on a track so i know its not my driving. Also in the last 5 months i havent been in the hobby and just started to get back. Went to bash my revo for fun and on my first tank broke an arm. Then i fixed it and another day went to bash. broke the rear skidplate and the front wheel driveshaft. i fixed it again and also installed the center diff and rear brake. took it out on another bash adventure. My diff gears blew. All these broken parts where done on the first tank of bashing.[:@] i was very upset. IMO the revo is a fast truck but durability and endurance....it bites.my savage in 2 years i have not broken much. 1 shock and problems with the engine owb (collari .32) but that has nothing to do with the truck itself. ill be honest. safe bet is to get the savage becuase its just a tough truck. and it can be modified to do just about anything. Revo is also a sweet truck....thats if you can get it to last past the first tank w/o nething breaking. savage > Revo.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:38 PM
LSTVega28

you never told me about any of those parts you broke. All you said was diff gears and your rear brake. you probably set up your rear brake wrong. Ive had the savage longer, yes the Savage is more durable. but I Like to race once in a while and my Revo excells in that w/o many modifications.
ORIGINAL: 3spdsavage

i Own both trucks. My savage ive had for almost 2 years now and have ran it at the track and also bashed it. Revo 3.3 is pretty fast stock. Faster than a savage stock. But the Revo ive just had so much bad luck with. Ive broken so many parts on it that its getting frustrating. I can drive pretty good on a track so i know its not my driving. Also in the last 5 months i havent been in the hobby and just started to get back. Went to bash my revo for fun and on my first tank broke an arm. Then i fixed it and another day went to bash. broke the rear skidplate and the front wheel driveshaft. i fixed it again and also installed the center diff and rear brake. took it out on another bash adventure. My diff gears blew. All these broken parts where done on the first tank of bashing.[:@] i was very upset. IMO the revo is a fast truck but durability and endurance....it bites.my savage in 2 years i have not broken much. 1 shock and problems with the engine owb (collari .32) but that has nothing to do with the truck itself. ill be honest. safe bet is to get the savage becuase its just a tough truck. and it can be modified to do just about anything. Revo is also a sweet truck....thats if you can get it to last past the first tank w/o nething breaking. savage > Revo.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:44 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: flow41

Haha it's FLOW again, Man i should have known you'd post up a stupid video like this. LOOK at the Savage, it's so rich it's fallin on it's face, a proper tune would work wonders! I'm not saying a Savage is faster but THAT VIDEO is a bunch of BS, so don't go believing a savage is that slow lol!
Old 05-17-2007, 01:58 PM
[email protected]

I have the savage X 4.1 and if I gun the throttle it will flip over.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:08 PM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

I have the savage X 4.1 and if I gun the throttle it will flip over.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:14 PM
devo208

i've had my revo 2.5r for about 1 1/2 and its awesome fast as hell, my cousin has a savage X and he's alway down his savage brakes more parts with a touch. Slide into a tree at low speed bye bye shock tower. Savage is fast but its hard to tune, Revo is fast and dependable. But my CEN gst7.7 will kick both there asses
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54238.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	686293   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86588.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	686294  
Old 05-17-2007, 02:20 PM
JUCD VPR

Exactly and a GSt will put a hurting on a Revo 3.3 as well. Buy a GST 7.7
ORIGINAL: devo208

i've had my revo 2.5r for about 1 1/2 and its awesome fast as hell, my cousin has a savage X and he's alway down his savage brakes more parts with a touch. Slide into a tree at low speed bye bye shock tower. Savage is fast but its hard to tune, Revo is fast and dependable. But my CEN gst7.7 will kick both there asses
Old 05-17-2007, 02:34 PM
[email protected]

I have the 3spd kit and yes it flips over on full throttle from a stop it is a pain to tell the truth.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:26 PM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: JUCD VPR

if the GST could catch up
Old 05-17-2007, 03:32 PM
3spdsavage

youve had your savvy longer...but you sold it like a whimp.....and you never knew how to work on it nor knew what the truck was capable of.....i fixed everything for you on your truck.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:45 PM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: RevoVega28

if the GST could catch up
Catch up? Haha yah right a Revo 3.3 will NOT outrun a GST!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:11 PM
KillerJato

The Revo and gst are just about dead even in a race, which is ridiculus on the gst part since it has 2 1/2 time the motor. gst has it on bottom end then the Revo runs around it on top end.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:24 PM
JUCD VPR

How is that ridiculus? it's TWICE the freakin size of the revo lol. IF they were the same size then that would be a different story but this is a truck twice the size and weighing in at 17 pounds!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:29 PM
LSTVega28

How is that ridiculus? it's TWICE the freakin size of the revo lol. IF they were the same size then that would be a different story but this is a truck twice the size and weighing in at 17 pounds!
2x the size? May I have the exact dimensions of the GST? And 3spdsavage, how is selling my savage being a whimp? I wanted a racer and the savage needed to many parts.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:39 PM
rawiswar

ORIGINAL: flow41

what is it with you and this video (the savage is tuned way to rich for starters)

and if you check youtube then you will see plenty of videos where the savage beats the revo and where the revo beats the savege!!!!!!

so if you cant give a honest answer and try to only pursuede this thread starter into spending his hard earned cash by showing one video where the revo does out run a rich savage) then dont post at all

this is the 3rd thread you posted this video

and also do you just run your revo in a straiaght line all day. or do you even bother to jump it etc....

im sorry if i seem to be having a go at you but you cant try and sway somebody to buy a revo because you prefer it (and especially by showing one video where the revo beats a savage (when the savage was out of tune loads)

why cant you just give your honest opinion and experiances.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:42 PM
rawiswar

in the end there i both good trucks, if you can go to a place where people are using both and check them out (maybe they will even let you have a go)
Old 05-17-2007, 04:52 PM
JUCD VPR

2x the size? May I have the exact dimensions of the GST? And 3spdsavage, how is selling my savage being a whimp? I wanted a racer and the savage needed to many parts.
You must not have seen a GST in person yet huh? I used to own a Revo 3.3 and the GST dwarfs it!
Length: 23.1 in /587mm

Width: 18.4 in / 467mm

Wheelbase: 15.63 in / 397mm

Weight : 17 lbs

So what is that like 40 + something % bigger then a revo or something like that?
Old 05-17-2007, 04:56 PM
LSTVega28

You must not have seen a GST in person yet huh? I used to own a Revo 3.3 and the GST dwarfs it!
Length: 23.1 in /587mm

Width: 18.4 in / 467mm

Wheelbase: 15.63 in / 397mm

Weight : 17 lbs

So what is that like 40 + something % bigger then a revo or something like that?
I have seen one at Ultimatehobbies. They are big trucks but it's still not 2x bigger . If you do not like the Revo 3.3, why are you even considering it as your next purchase? Makes no sense to me.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:00 PM
JUCD VPR

I never said I didn't like the Revo, and I didn't say i am considering buying one? I said I used to OWN ONE.
Your right it's not exactly twice the size but damn near it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.