Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

What fuel??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 09:47 AM
racameron13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What fuel??

When I bought my TNX I got supplied some Byron race fuel, 20% nitro content. I went to my LHS today to buy some fuel and I had a choice of this or a 15% fuel (same manufacturer I think) which seemed to suggest it was for boats and planes. I don't plan on doing any racing, just some general bashing in the sand dunes of Dubai - do I stick with the 20% or is 10 or 15% fine? What difference does this really make.....?
Old 12-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Taffey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What fuel??

I'm no expert in the subject, but I know enough to get by. I can tell you without a doubt that you do not want fuel for use in boats and/or airplanes. Make sure you use only fuel specifically for use in cars and trucks.

As far as the nitro percentage, 20% seems to be popular all around. However, if you ask 5 people what nitro percentage is best you'll get 5 different answers.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:30 PM
nkbrisson

you want to stick with the race fuel that is formaulated for cars, the plane and heli fuels would run, but the oil content of them is to high for a high rpm engine like the cars engines and therefor hinders the performance of the engine. The best is to stick with a good 20-30% fuel with no more then 14%oil, 10-12% oil is best for high rpm engines.

hope this helps.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:01 PM
motox28

ya i have a tnx and i use 20% i also have a posting up for how to make your oun nitro i think its cheaper... i havent done it yet but i here good things
Old 12-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Radejr

Your best bet for the engines life is 20%. I wouldn't go 30% unless you decided to race.