Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

About buying Warhead EVO

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 03:44 AM
jaimeroberto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About buying Warhead EVO

Hi everybody, i'm new here, i'm from Peru, i want to buy a MT, i almost decide for the Warhead EVO, here in Peru we dont have anything about MT'S, i have been reading a lot, i know that the first generation of WH'S sucks, but DURATRAX guys says that this is much better in the EVO, even i know there are still problems, like spur gears, Bulkheads, etc....
So the question is, if i buy a complete package of aftermarket stuffs like aluminum Bulkheads, steel spur gear, and many things like that, even the engine, does my Warhead will be OK? I like that MT than the others, and my theory is that if i change those parts the truck will be 100% durable, i think with the awesome handling and stability of these machine, with a powerfull engine and the other weak parts, this machine must be one of the best.
Please guys that handle Warheads help me with my final desition, and suggest me what engine i can use (one that not works too hot, and must be powerfull), or if there is something more that i can do, like i said, i'm in peru i'm not a block away thats why i want to make the upgrades before it comes to my country,

Thanks for your help

Jaime
Old 12-24-2006, 08:40 AM
Ken448

Default RE: About buying Warhead EVO

My question is... Why buy something you MUST upgrade to make it run properly. There are so many other quality choices out there for a durable, proven RTR MT.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Roscco

if i buy a complete package of aftermarket stuffs like aluminum Bulkheads, steel spur gear, and many things like that, even the engine, does my Warhead will be OK?
You've answered your own question my friend. As stated above why buy a truck you need to rebuild before you even run it? To me it seems you'd be better checking into a mental health institute for evaluation, never mind buying (effectivly 2) mosnter trucks
Old 12-24-2006, 11:08 AM
happywing

Notice to everyone. Give up on the Warhead. Havent we all learned our lessons by now?
Old 12-24-2006, 05:42 PM
jaimeroberto

These are the upgrades i want to buy with the WH, i think they are the parts with troubles, and with these parts everything must be out of troubles for a good time, i'm asking to the guys that handles Warheads if those are the only upgrades to do,

Thanks for your help.

Jaime

PS: bbmods i think you have two WH's that really runs, please help me with that.

Roll Bar Blue Warhead
Steel Spur Gear 49T Blue Warhead
Aluminum Steering Drag Link Blue Warhead
Aluminum F/R Bulkhead Set Blue Warhead
Aluminum Shock Tower Blue Warhead
Old 12-24-2006, 06:49 PM
nkbrisson

If you want you WH to be more durable you will need to upgrade these parts,

49T steel spur
Duratrax Ultralite Clutch bell
F/R Aluminum bulk heads
F/R Aluminum shock towers
Aluminum servo saver
Aluminum body mounts
A good high torque steering servo (Hitec HSC-5955 Titanium Gear High Speed) for example
A good motor like the Axial, LRP, Werks, SH or what ever, just get rid of the stocker
A 5 cell hump back battery pack with at least 1300mah
And a bump box for starting, you will never look back once you have one.

With these parts it a way better truck, I love mine and it takes a beating every weekend and keeps on going.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Flyer2k5
My Feedback: (2)

I have had my warhead Evo 3 weeks now and have not had a problem with the bulkheads or spur gear. I have only replaced parts that was broken from extreme jumps and bashing, the same parts that t-max, Revo, savage and other popular models break. No truck is 100% durable thats why the hobby shops are full of parts for every brand. My advice is get the truck you like the best and start having fun. We pay under 500 dollars for these trucks and expect them to last as long or longer than a full size automobile. Some people jump from roof tops and break a bulkhead then tries to sue the company for faulty parts. You don't need to up grade a single thing on this truck until you find your style of driving. If you plan on 15 feet jumps then yes replace some parts for stronger ones. The engine is solid and the truck is very fast right out the box, too fast for me, so saying change the engine would be just an opinion. Duratrax has excellent customer service for newbies because I had to call for simple things, even when you break a part thats covered under the stress warranty they will ship a replacement free of charge usps priority mail. To make a long story short, I love my warhead Evo but please don't take my word for it buy what you want and what looks good to you!!!!

Old 12-24-2006, 08:07 PM
jaywax

The Warhead Evo is awesome. All those extra aluminum items are unnecessary. The only upgrade you may want is a stronger throttle servo for better breaking. (hitec 645mg/$34). Check out my WH Evo.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90939.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	583184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zk69626.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	583185  
Old 12-24-2006, 11:36 PM
nkbrisson

The only reason I said those parts is because that is what I have on my WH, it wasn't the evo, but still, with those parts the truck is pretty near bomb proof.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:38 PM
jaywax

No problem. I know you are a Warhead owner and supporter. I am just sick of the flaming of the Warhead and other rc products. I think people should buy what they can afford and just have fun. People should understand that RC is a money pit and a very addicitve hobby. I think that is the beauty of the hobby. You know that you are being screwed and over charged, but you love every minute of it.
ORIGINAL: nkbrisson

The only reason I said those parts is because that is what I have on my WH, it wasn't the evo, but still, with those parts the truck is pretty near bomb proof.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:34 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is true, the warhead evo could possibly be a great truck. Many owners have a different amount of experience, and run thier trucks differently. A good investment would be a temp guage with any truck, spare glow plugs etc.

acouple of other trucks to consider are a Savage from hpi, a MGT from associated, a Revo from traxxas, a Tnx from tamiya, all in a simalar price range, but if you can get the warhead evo real cheap and thats what you really have your heart set on, thats what id go with. I would not do all the upgrades right away you might not need them.

Good luck in your selection!!!
Old 12-28-2006, 05:27 PM
jaimeroberto

Thanks everybody for your advice, i almost make my choice, i´ll go for the Warhead EVO, i like it, i read te complete manual, and there are a lot of details that maybe many people don´t read, maybe that's why they have problems, not only with this truck with many others too, the manuals are for read.
I only want to have fun, here in Peru we dont have a Monster Truck cat. only want to go to the dirt track at weekends and run it against my pals warhead and maybe with some buggies out there, but nothing about jumping, i was seeing videos of people that give too much punishment to their trucks, maybe they have a lot of money, i dont, that´s why i only want it to have fun, and in the future i will make the upgrades to have a real monster,

Thanks again for help me on making my choice,

Jaime
Old 12-30-2006, 01:39 AM
mike54937

Honestly, I think the Warhead EVO is a pretty sweet MT. I've had mine for 2 months and it takes
a hell of a beating almost every day. I work at a ready mixed plant (concrete plant) and I have
my Warhead flying around our plant all the time. Rain or shine. Your always gonna get mixed
reviews on every product.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:05 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

ORIGINAL: jaywax

The Warhead Evo is awesome. All those extra aluminum items are unnecessary. The only upgrade you may want is a stronger throttle servo for better breaking. (hitec 645mg/$34). Check out my WH Evo.

Nice looking EVO... What body is that you have on it???
Old 11-19-2007, 08:50 PM
MFDfireMedic

I just bought a Warhead Evo. Are there any modifications that anyone knows of to make the truck go faster? Thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 08:52 PM
MFDfireMedic

I just bought a Warhead Evo. I am new this hobby and so any tips would be greatly appreciated. Are there any modifications that I can do to gears, motor, etc, to make the truck go faster? thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 11:39 PM
davido666

I love my warhead evo. If you don't like repairing the rc trucks and cars then find a new hobby like basket weaving. I you drive it the thing is going to wear out parts. If you bash it then you will break something. It's that simple. If you are going to upgrade anything first order the metal spur gear and hardened clutch bell. You must replace them in a set. Oh yes don't forget to loctite the 6 screw on the metal spur gear when you get a new one. I didn't do this and the screws fell out when I started it up. When you take the truck apart to work on it remember to use loctite on the screw that go into metal such as the engine mount screws. The only thing I have read to make it go faster is to put a bigger engine in it. If you do that it puts more torque on the tranny gears and you might end up busting gears up in it. I have heard of people using a clutch bell with more teeth and that will make it go faster. You have to modify the motor mount to move the motor farther from the spur gear to get the proper mesh. If anyone knows of a hardened clutch bell with more teeth on it let me know and I might give it a try.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:51 PM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

warhead evo's are an awesome truck had mine about a month and a half had a couple problems but called duratrax and everything was fixed free of charge!! want to see a sick evo check out mine!
Old 11-25-2007, 03:33 PM
atv_motocross#38

I have had my warhead evo for almost a year and i havent broken either a spur gear or a bulkhead. I would recommend the aluminun bulkheads, as the stocks have alot of stress.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:15 PM
motodude11

yea and remember that the tranny cases are attached to the bulkheads too so probably get the aluminum tranny cases too
Josh
Old 11-27-2007, 04:31 PM
cujoman

i picked up a warhead evo about 3 weeks ago, it was used and i have to say it is a great truck.. I have done to this truck what i normally do to my Tmaxx and Revo and to my surprise, nothing has broken. I have jumped it about 10 ft straight up and landed with no probs. not to mention bashing the hell out of it! other than minor adjustments to the tranny and steering bellcrank, it is a great truck.. holds a tune properly and runs good. not as fast as the Revo or Tmaxx but it is also a lot heavier than my them. but for $160 that i paid for it, i have to say, it's worht every penny! looking forward to running it in the snow once again! also, i noticed that the hotter it runs the better it runs.... as long as i richen it up a bit! no complains here!
Old 11-27-2007, 04:56 PM
motodude11

how hot you runnin im running at 250-280 more towards the 250's if you run higher % lube fuel it runs alooooooot better! I run mine at 16% lube 20% nitro with the red alert fuel and it never runs hot ever!! It loves this fuel and it has tons of GOOOOO power
Old 11-27-2007, 07:12 PM
cujoman

i would say i am running in the 250-260 range! I was running sidewinder with 12% oil and changed over to wildcat witb 14% oil, runs much better and more power too.. likes a lot of oil! we don't get red alert fuel around here.. wonder why?
Old 11-28-2007, 12:33 PM
motodude11

dont know why, but the o'donnell RTR 20% fuel is the same as the red alert 20% same 16% oil mix, and the reason why im running in the 280's is with the grave digger body on it cant breath as good, without the body im running 256-260ish. But i just made the hole in the windshield bigger so we will see how that works out!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:32 PM
MFDfireMedic

where can I get a Grave Digger body to fit my Warhead Evo? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.