RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

axial .32 HSN

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 03:09 PM
fga
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default axial .32 HSN

there is a black plastic casing around the HSN. When you turn the screw, is that supposed to also spin? I am trying to tune mine, and the black is spinning also... and i don't seem to be leaning out the truck even though i'm trying. any idea?
Old 12-30-2006, 03:57 PM
89ram

Default RE: axial .32 HSN

fga, i just looked at mine, the black plastic sleeve turns with the needle. is the motor up to operating temp when you try to adjust the needle?
Old 12-30-2006, 04:47 PM
fga
My Feedback: (2)

i don't have a temp gauge, but i was running it for some time. I did my last 2 tanks of break in, and then on the fifth, i went to go tune it, and its still running really rich and sluggish like break in.
It starts on a dime, which is great... I just can't get it lean out a little. Maybe it is the temps? The thing is, if i get to the last of the gas in the tank, the engine perks right up and is very responsive.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:30 AM
nkbrisson

for the black plastic around the HSN is for quick tunning without a tunning screwdriver, just turn it with your fingers, as for the perks right up at bottom tank thats because you have the bottom tank lean, the best way to tune is by temp when you are half tank, this way you will be rich on a full tank and then great for the rest of the tank. If you don't have a temp gun, you should get one, if you can't then you can do the water test, run you engine get it to operating temp, when it get to half tank throw a few drops of water on the head, if it sits there and doesn't evaporate then you are to cold, lean it out an 1/8 turn, if you do it and it sizzles and take a couple seconds to evaporate then you are bang on, if it evaporates instantly its to lean. This is just one way to tune, there are many others but this way i have had good luck with when i didn't have my temp gun.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:50 PM
Uglysteve

THat's a nice motor you got there in that Axial. I have the .28 spec 1s and i absolutely love it. I get comments all the time on how it flies like a bat outta he**. When people ask me what engine i'm running, i get a kick out of telling them that my axial only cost me $124. I will never go back to the expensive jobs after owning this motor. YOu just can't beat it. It has 8 ports on the sleeve and ABL construction. I've had about 4 gallons through my .28 so far and it still screams like it did when it was new. I have a couple on the shelf still in their boxes for when it finally blows. I just hope Axial doesn't realize what a gem they have and up the price. My only problem is the positioning of the HSN for a REvo setup. I use an O.S. Carb to make it work.