Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New to trucks

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 07:12 AM
Pete737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to trucks

Hey guys, 7:00 am here. Waiting for my buddy to arrive to help with the breakin for my GST . I come from scale helis, naturally Id like to have a scale body for this truck. I have seen proline's bodys, Now Im wondering, does anyone offer truly scale bodys for these rigs? Any of them come painted ready to go? How deep does the scale sceen go here? Or is it no big deal?

Sincerely, Pete

Happy New Year! What happened to 06?
Old 12-31-2006, 07:29 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: New to trucks

If I understand correctly what you're talking about, I don't think there's much of a "scale scene" at all.. Here I think it's mostly about performance - speed, power, jumping, racing, etc..

Post back - pref with pids and vids - about how it went with the GST..
Old 01-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Baroncowboy
My Feedback: (1)

Hello,
Im a scale buff to,and I also have heli's,but if your looking to get a scale model Truck,then look no further than "Tamiya"...
Thats about as realistic as it gets... Tamiya vehicles are defenatly not speed demons by any means,but then neither would a true to scale 1/10 scale truck...These babies have working lights,horns,alarms,brake lights,and since they're electric you can even get a realistic sound system that mimics diesel or gas engine sounds that rev in sequence according to the vehicle's throttle position and speed...
Anyhow heres a link and a cool pic of one of their models....

http://www.tamiyausa.com/

But "if you must" have the most realism possible and money is no object,then you need to check out > http://www.conleyprecision.com
This guy produces the finest engines and kits money can buy.... He has real working V-8 engines and fully working trannys that produce a sound so realistic that truely has to be heard to believe...The engines also can be optioned to include a true working 8-71 roots style super charger... You can watch and hear these marvels by opening the video link in his website... Here is also a few pics for you to ponder...

Old 01-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Pete737

Wow! Thats what Im talkin about! Is there any way I can get just a 1:6 or 1:8 scale body for my GST? Prefferably that Ford F-series you showed?

Reguards, Pete
Old 01-01-2007, 02:49 PM
duckedup

The GST uses the same 1/8th bodies as Monster GT, LST, TNX... *not the Savage 1/8 bodies though (too small)..... The larger bodies may fit but I'm guessing they would be much longer and the wheel wells would be way off, would probably look funny..
Old 01-01-2007, 03:50 PM
fga
My Feedback: (2)

of all the stock, easy to get bodies i've seen... the most scale looking (not truly, but non-toy looking) is the Monster Gt body.

i have an added a roll cage underneath. I cut the windows out, and added red netting. It looks really cool, can see the cage underneath and gives it that monster truck show look. let me see if i have a pic. not a close pic, but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76483.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	588338   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85497.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	588339  
Old 01-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Baroncowboy
My Feedback: (1)

The Tamiya Ford F-350 in the pic I posted isnt really made to fit any other type of RC... So you can say its pretty much proprietary to Tamiya..
I have seen a few conversions though,using Wal-Mart brand New Bright RC bodies... Unfortunatly the only way to get a New Bright body,is to spend about 100 bucks on a RTR of the self model,and scrap the body from it... Then you have to make custom body mounts to make this work...
The down side to New Bright,and Tamiya bodies however,is the fact that they are made of hard plastic rather than flexible lexan,like most RC bodies are made of... They have to be painted on the outside as well,meaning the first time you roll,you will have alot of scratches on the paint job that took you hours to apply.... Also they will not flex much at all,meaning its really easy to break them,being that you are wanting to put a body designed for a much lighter,and slower RC, on an 10 pd. plus gas powered speed monster...

What Im trying to say is if you want to have fun with you gasser,then skip the whole scale thing all together,as it will only produce a headache faster than it will draw looks....

If you must go scale,you should really concider buying an electric...
About the ford bodies out there intended for the type of truck you already have,you need to look at Pro-Line's bodies made for the longer chassis... Heres a link to their site,and make sure that you look at the ones that say "Fits REVO® 3.3 , MGT, LST, LST2, TNX, Genesis" since you have the longer framed truck...
Look on the left side of page and select products and then look under "monster truck bodies"
http://pro-lineracing.com/proline.html
Heres a few ford pics>