Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

.70!!!

Old 01-29-2003, 07:31 PM
Pack of Q Tips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .70!!!

anyone drive this eb-4 monster truck or whatever it is with the .70 engine in it?
Old 01-29-2003, 07:35 PM
3maxxman
My Feedback: (2)

Default .70!!!

EK-4 Yes, I have one and it spends more time in the garage than it does running! Always something broken and always need to spend more money on it. :disappoin
Old 01-29-2003, 08:30 PM
dwrenches

Default .70!!!

3maxxman but the ek4 that you have is it the first one or the new one that just came out? thunder tiger has supposedly repaired all the faults the first one had such as a new cooling head,new carb.and stronger differentials etc...my question to you .... is that truck really as fast as they say it is...i heard it was a beast,i have been thinkin of gettin one for myself if the new one is been updated.
Old 01-30-2003, 07:34 PM
Sgt_Ek4

Default .70!!!

Yes, the EK4 V2 has all the upgrades you mentioned, supposedly including some other things such as 2-grub drive cups and thicker shock towers.

There is also news of Thunder Tiger giving away free upgrade kits to those who own the EK4-S2 version 1. Some of the upgrades included are the cooling head, diff cases and screws, carburator.

And yes, it is insanely fast- change to a 18T clutchbell and it's even better. Keep your eyes peeled for the Two-Speed Kit soon (and Three-Speed in the future).
Old 02-04-2003, 04:26 AM
3maxxman
My Feedback: (2)

Default .70!!!

Hey Sarge! Nice to see you here. I called ACE this morning, they said they MAY offer some upgrades to the S2 version owners in late spring possibly. The upgrades would possibly include: through screwed diff cases, and the new carb with the upgraded venturi. This is ONLY if ACE can get enough "Upgrade Kits", they probably will not offer the new heads because the "OLD 1 is fine" according to tech support. SO once again this leaves all the old S2 SUCKERS, I mean owners to foot the bill once again. I just can't see spending $800 bucks for this piece of *!@#* and having to fork out another $200 just to get something I can run! Just so I can spend more money on new diff gears once I get to run it! All this just to put more money in :greedy: ACE HOBBIES pocket :greedy: ! That SUCKS!!@! :disappoin :thumbdown :angry:
Old 02-04-2003, 05:34 PM
Bluehydro8

Default .70!!!

The EK-4 is the most powerful truck in the 1/8th scale class and since it has that much power it has a habit of hurting it'self. The onel drwback is that it is only one speed I think and will reach about 35-40 mph but with a 2 speed or 3 speed tranny that truck could easily do about 65+
Old 02-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Sgt_Ek4

Default .70!!!

BlueHydro8,

Keep your eyes peeled, there's a few kits right around the corner.

I do agree that one of the largest drawbacks of the EK4 is having all that muscle and not being able to flex it with a multi-speed transmission. The gearing changes that we have found go to show that the EK4 has the distinct advantage of not giving up in the speed department when geared properly. Fitting multiple gears in the EK4 is a difficult task. If it isn't space/clearance concerns you have, it is definately the idea of the material holding up to the output of the Pro-70.

Good to see you Maxxman Don't forget- Everything is trial and error, some companies just excel at error. :drowning: Maybe thier cost of R+D, Revisions, and Warranties out of pocket will bite them in the butt.

Sarge out-