Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

twin .15 tmaxx on .21 hardcore chassis

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

twin .15 tmaxx on .21 hardcore chassis

Old 01-30-2003, 09:49 PM
oziddi99
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twin .15 tmaxx on .21 hardcore chassis

HEy guys
i just got a .21 chassis drilled to accept two ported .15 trx motors for my tmaxx. an di upgraded to a metal spurgear and titanium turnbuckles, rpm arms and i reenforced the 2 tranny axels do y ou think this will be enough or do you think that setup will destroy the stock gears? also do you think tg=his will have enough power to pull wheeliesat will? also shold i set up the tranny with forward only gears and upgrade to an all metal geared tranny and my last question is should i run both motor off of one big tank or have two seperate tanks, which will be easier to tun id like to only have one tank but I think that may creat a problem with the back pressure etc...
please give some feedback on this guys, I anxious to finsh tis project

Thanks
Emmanuel Ndem
Old 02-03-2003, 01:11 AM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

I may attempt a twin my self.I have 2 TRX15's that could use a rebuild.
When I do those I might attempt it.
Let me know how yours turns out.
Got any pics?

BNZ'
Old 02-04-2003, 04:01 AM
3maxxman
My Feedback: (2)

2 tanks will be necessary because when you start the first engine the pressure will flood the engine that is not running. Yes, it should wheelie with a blip of the throttle. Yes, you will torch the gears and the drivelines. You should upgrade the parts you break when you break them. Good Luck.
Post some pic's if you can.
Old 02-05-2003, 07:05 AM
GPmaxx

If you really want to get creative, you might find some ideas at my website that are useful. I have just recently updated the pics and will be adding more in the near future. Below the sample pic you will find a link to my webpage. :idea:

Here's the link: "DOUBLE TROUBLE"
Old 02-05-2003, 08:19 AM
LandShark

GPmaxx, omfg, you got to show me a video. @.@
Old 02-07-2003, 07:53 AM
GPmaxx

Default Hardcore .21 chassis

When I started this whole T-maxx thing, my first hop up was an OS .21 rg in a hardcore chassis. About every other tank, I was stripping spur gears. I installed an RP steel gear, no more stripped spurs, BUT..........I was now tearing up clutch bell gears no matter how I set the clearance. I found that when one wheel is lifted off the ground (as in a wheelie or a jump) The chassis flexed so bad that the engine was moving away from the spur in one direction and jamming the bell and spur together in the other. Bottom line...Titanium is strong but not very rigid...I don't know the better alternative, besides doing what I did, make one out of aircraft aluminum.....