Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Robitronic Mantis

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 02:19 PM
CESSPOOL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Robitronic Mantis

Anyboby own one yet. I saw one last night at my LHS. It is a sweet looking Truck! It looks tough and was just curious if it is as tough as it looks? and what kind of speeds and handling it offers? Price isn't too shabby either, about $425 or so. Only thing I'm leary about is such a new company...

It's funny, I walked in and thought 'Hellfire', until I got closer. I told the guy it looked very similar, and he told me the company was started by a couple of HPI guys. Things that make you go HMmm?
Old 01-06-2007, 04:04 PM
duckedup

Default RE: Robitronic Mantis

You could browse around [link=http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/index.php?]here[/link].. there was a thread about it here in MT general not too long ago also..
Old 01-06-2007, 04:16 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine should be in next week. a freind has one and it is as good as it looks. the only problem so far was the steering servo crapped out real quick. he's run it against a mugen prospec,kyosho st-r and a couple other's and it will hang right with them. the only thing he changed was the tires,shock oil's and diff. fluid's and some suspention setup.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:06 PM
mordraid

Don't know that much but it comes with a pretty good engine. Axial .32 i think. Or is it the .28?
Old 01-06-2007, 08:06 PM
duckedup

It's the .28, still good though..
Old 01-07-2007, 11:26 AM
chrobar

I read the review on the RCCA, the top speed they got was 36.6mph, but it got there fast.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:35 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and that was with the 13t clutch bell. it also comes with a 14t and a 15t bell's. i have a freind who has one and IT WILL run with the mugen prospec and kyosho st-r's. mine will be in this week and pic's will follow. for $425 and new servo's it can't be beat for the price.
ORIGINAL: chrobar

I read the review on the RCCA, the top speed they got was 36.6mph, but it got there fast.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:43 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a vid clip from a German forum. Head-on crash at the end with a HB Lightning Stadium.. Mantis got mangled pretty good - shock gone, dogbone, gone, broken arm I think(read it all in German).. Lightning was OK apparently..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S50mluMMuaY
Old 01-16-2007, 06:39 PM
sunco1

the mantis can go for $399 at ultimate hobbies and thers no shipping and it good because its got a .28 engine in it so its got a top of around 45-50 and it can rip go on you tube to find some videos in it