Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

t-Maxx Vs MGT Vs Ofna Titan Vs Ofna Dom

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

t-Maxx Vs MGT Vs Ofna Titan Vs Ofna Dom

Old 01-31-2003, 05:18 AM
ridethelightnin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-Maxx Vs MGT Vs Ofna Titan Vs Ofna Dom

I am thinking about getting into a Monster Truck, however, I have been reading as much as possible about all the top trucks and still can't decide. I wish I could just buy one of each.

Anyways I was hoping some of you could help. Which do you think is the best?

1) Team Associated MGT:
Price?
When will this be available?
I think this would be my first choice but I dont know when it will be available. Team Assoc. usually kicks butt!

2) Traxxas T- Maxx
Price: 399.00
All reviews I have read have been very positive!

3) Ofna Titan MT:
Price: 719.00
I haven't been able to find much about this but is looks great and its expensive so its gotta be good eh?

4) Ofna Dominator Show
Price: 899.99
I haven't found any reviews about this but the chasis looks sweet.

I am sooo confused I don't know which one to get? HELP PLEEEZZZZZEEEEE!!!!

Thanxxx
Old 01-31-2003, 07:27 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

iwas like you weeks ago but i am comparing between tmaxx savage and terra crusher ..tc was my first choice eversince bcause 1 of the lhs here have 1 and he modified it ..he jump it from the roof of a house..nothing happend thats why i fell in love with it then while i am researching i noticed the most famous are savage tmaxx which are like on both #1spot and i consider tc the 2nd..anyways i end up with tc just looking at it makes me happy.choose btween the trucks of same price range thats what i did and it will tell you as soon as u see it,,good luck
Old 01-31-2003, 12:25 PM
Alteramod

Ok, to answer your question on the team associated MGT.
It is coming out in the spring this year, and i have hear around $499.

I am saving up to get it so i have been asking to and thats what i have found to answer your questions.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:50 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

why would you pay 900 for a dominator? its like 250 everywhere else. I heard about one with aluminum stuff but i didnt know it was $900. The Monster pirate is just like the dominator and its awsome. Plus not everyone has one like the savage and tmaxx.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:47 PM
Bluehydro8

I agree with all of you. There is not need for stressing out about a truck. The last thing you need is that little itch that is telling you that maybe buying that rig was not the best decision. Just go to you LHS and look at all the trucks they have. Pick one you like that is in your budget. Or ask the employees what they run and which one they like. I think that you will find the best convincing in the LHS not here.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:43 PM
yunt2chat

check ebay for new trucks. I bought a tmaxx and its a durable truck. I was considering the ofna titan and could not get a review on it, then their is the price issue with it but I have seen it on ebay for less than $500 so its coming down in price. I will take a chance on it now that I have the tmaxx. the next one i buy will be a titan just because its new on the market. also i have rolled my tmaxx probably 30 times and some of that was on pavement and so far all that broke was body mounts and thats because I did not have my body on it at the time
Old 01-31-2003, 08:26 PM
BitchMonkey

Fellers, newbie here!

I just bought a Titan off ebay for $489 RTR including shipping off ebay from a hobby shop in Tenessee. I researched and researched (I am really anal) and it came down to the EK4, for sheer power and testosterone, and the Titan for all the good things I have read about their durability. Being my first land-based vehicle I want to learn slowly instead of by breaking something every time out so I chose the Titan.

Although, I flew a Raptor for a few years until I disintegrated it trying to fly 4-D??!, and those TT heli engines are very sweet. Of all the bad things I have heard, I broke it in right and took care of it and it must have lasted for 3-400 hours of fly time.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:55 PM
creeping death

I got a savage...$399.99 at LHS...love it!
Old 02-02-2003, 03:28 AM
TnNitro

I have an Ofna Titan. Main reason is 'cause ain't no body else around me got one. Problem is that won't be a problem for you is parts. I have to get them from Cali. You shouldn't have a problem in getting parts for your MT which ever you choose being in california. They're all good truck it boils down to money and time the Team Associated will be the best truck mark my word. they waited for every one else to come out with theirs to see what they needed to do to be better, I wish I could be more patient. Go To it.