Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

What to Do ?!!

Old 01-08-2007, 09:47 AM
RC10GT8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to Do ?!!

Hello everyone new to the forum been in and out of R/C for last three years nothing real serious though. I have a situation and need some help. I want a r/c monster truck my wife is having a fit because I want to spend $500 on a truck. My brother has a warhead he wants to get rid of. First of all it will not be for bashing, I have a small m/t track in backyard I run my rc10gt on and probably same with my new truck and maybe a little sled pulling. He only wants $150.00 for it and I may have to buy a new motor or should deal with my wife being upset with me a little and get a MGT ? ( warhed motor runs hot around 350-375 4 3/4 turns out but in noticed carbuerator is loose could this cause overheating? )

Thanks guys for the help!
Old 01-08-2007, 10:00 AM
transam388

Default RE: What to Do ?!!

That is pretty hot considering they say to keep it below 275 but yes a loose non sealed carb will cause the motor to run lean and heat up. Basically it can suck in more air than it should. I would make sure the seals are on correctly top and bottom of carb and then as others have said use some oxygen safe silicon sealer to make sure the carb is sealed properly in the mount.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:18 AM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

I say buy new!!!! She cant stay mad forever..
Old 01-08-2007, 10:18 AM
gkcontra

If you want a MGT I would go for that. At the temps you say that motor is at, its toast. So that brings the cost of the Warhead to about $300 when you buy a new motor. Ultimate hobbies has the MGT for 369 and the Losi Aftershock for 359, not much more than the used warhead and both are better trucks.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:13 PM
SOILWORK

Get the MGT....it is a better truck and it is more durable then warhead. Just tell your wife you got it for her.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:03 AM
RC10GT8

Thanks guys for all of the help and info. Decided last night that I will probably go with the MGT due to I know it is new and I won't have to work on it as much. My wife is settling with the idea of getting a new one so I think she is already getting over it. Thanks again !!