Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

thunder tiger ek4

Old 01-31-2003, 06:11 PM
dwrenches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thunder tiger ek4

just got back from local hobby shop they just got in the new thunder tiger ek4.price was 468.00 ,this truck looks impressive the owner of the shop says all the bugs are worked out,the piston has acompression ring unlike the other nitro engines without a ring. he says it does not rev as high ,21000 rpm but has crazy amount of torque can run on 20% fuel.physically this truck is larger than a savage,the tires are even much larger,but the size of the engine alone was unbelievable....just hope my wife is as impressed with it as i am when i come home with it.......anybody have a room for rent? she will cook for you ..hehe
Old 01-31-2003, 07:28 PM
Sgt_Ek4

dwrenches,

I assume you purchased the new EK4-V2-

You are correct about the 20% Nitro, but that is the minimum you should go. Since the .70BX is a ringed motor, ensure that the fuel contains at least 20% oil as well. Those rings need to be lubed very well during and after break-in unlike other ABC engines. Coolpower 25-30% is highly reccomended.

Also, make sure you break the motor in slowly. The Version 1's take at least 1 1/2 gallons to break-in fully.

Make sure you issue restraint from wanting intense wheelies at the beginning- Leaning out that engine too quick will lead to disaster. Run it rich, very rich- Then work your way up to the optimum tune. The engine should be emitting a thick cloud of blue smoke at all times. With 2.5 HP and twice the torque, you won't even see the loss of leanness. After break-in is complete, proceed with leaning out the HSN, ensuring that you are adjusting the LSN in moderation as well. I'm sure you do not want to buy a $200 engine during break-in.

Oh, one more thing, as soon as you get it, ditch that stock glow plug, it won't get you anywhere. Go get an O.S #8 or McCoy #59 standard plug.

Good luck, and have fun with the beast!!
Old 01-31-2003, 07:58 PM
dwrenches

sgt ek4 no i havent bought the ek4 yet,i need to know from people who own them if it is really worth the 650.00(with all the extras you need) i have a new tmax and a savage,is the ek4 that much more powerful than either one of these ,it has to be really impressive power wise in order for me to drop 650.00 on another monster truck,judging by appearance it looks great,i have yet to see one run other than from a mpg on the computer.im just so tempted to just say screw it you only live once and just go out and by the damn thing.......thanx for your advice
Old 01-31-2003, 08:01 PM
Sgt_Ek4

I own a S-maxx as well, and I'll tell you that if you are looking for a wild ride, go with the EK4.

I do love my Maxx for running at the track and having some good fun, but when it comes to the raw power and drag-style wheelies- I wouldn't give up the Ek for anything in the world.