Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

slipper clutches and stripped out spur gears

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

slipper clutches and stripped out spur gears

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 07:19 AM
wannabeturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slipper clutches and stripped out spur gears

Alright, here is the deal. Bought this truck off this forum. a T-maxx pro .15. It was eating up spur gears. Still is, and I believe I have the backlash set correctly. Now the clutch gear is a little worn and I'm thinking of replacing it despite the LHS saying that there isnt anything wrong with it. It just came to my attention though, that there was supposed to be little metal pegs inside the spur gear as part of the slipper clutch. Without those little pegs, could this be causing some of the problems with the spur gear getting ate up by the clutch gear? If someone knows please let me know, so I might fix this troublesome problem before I head to the LHS on Monday.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2003, 04:31 PM
SINNER

http://www.traxxas.com/support/howto...pperclutch.htm

The little pegs are slipper pegs traxxas part # 4685. They let the spur slip instead of ripping teeth off . Put 6 in evenly spaced in the spur. I like the metal spur myself, but its about 20 bucks. Maybe just get the clutch replacement and have just in case. It looks a little worn with normal use but may still be good, or you can get the new one and keep the old as the spare.
Old 02-04-2003, 01:58 AM
wannabeturbo

After a closer inspection of the truck. It was missing one screw out of the motor mount and the one that was in there wasnt catching anything, causing the engine to flew a little bit and chew up the edge of the spur gear. I replaced the motor mount today and got the pegs into the spur gear. I will be running it tomorrow to see what else might be wrong now. I hope nothing else, of course it will be time to wreck it or something
Old 02-05-2003, 08:41 PM
wannabeturbo

Default Update

In case anyone is interested, I ran the truck for 30-45 minutes today with no problem to my spur gear. YAYYAYAYAY. Problem is fixed Now I just have to tackle the next problem....dum dum dum dum......CLEANING YOUR T-MAXX AFTER DRIVING IN THE DIRT. Oh well it was alot of fun, alot of small jumps to get me some practice on jumping before I tackle the big stuff.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:59 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

wannabeturbo.....Sounds like your rig has recovered....with a little help. Good Job!
Old 02-05-2003, 10:19 PM
forcelite
My Feedback: (1)

glad everything worked out!