Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

my Savage does wheelies...

Old 02-04-2003, 12:21 AM
NDeedOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my Savage does wheelies...

Just Wanted to let you guys know that my Savage does wheelies from a dead stop, on level ground...

It was so cool. It surprised me .... I took it out of Pyromans' truck at the track this weekend and proceeded to warm it up. During the warm up process, it was doing wheelies like it was MAD. Just punch it and wham! it would hit the rear bumper and sometimes flip over.... It had never done this before, so I was thinking that I must have been hitting some kind of little pot-hole or bump, or something???? So I just kept playing with it and it just kept rippin' off wheelies (viscous wheelies, flip the truck over wheelies). I was enjoying all the power.

One guy at the track asked me "what engine do you have in there?" I said stock. He then asked "what exhaust?" I said stock. Everything is pretty much stock... He was confused...

Another guy asked "what fuel are you running?" O'Donnel 20%... Again, another confused individual.

When we got back to my house, Pyroman, Brewyet, and myself took the trucks out again, ... and it was still doing it... Brewyet asked me "What did you do to that truck to make it be able to do that?" And my answer to you will be the same as I told him... I Don't Know, but it sure is fun.

Just wanted to tell you... However I know that some of you won't believe me.

Later,Guys
Old 02-04-2003, 12:27 AM
forcelite
My Feedback: (1)

This is not to unusuall. Could be you loaded the rear end with weight, tightned your spur or even the weather was prime

in cold weather I can make my expedition skid out
I can do it in warm weather if I turn my tires
Old 02-04-2003, 04:16 AM
rcidiot728

perhaps, since it is a nitro car, when u tune the motor to keep it runnin properly, its performance peaks, thus causing a wheelie or at least faster acceleration
Old 02-04-2003, 04:55 AM
Pyroman2000

yah I'll confirm that his truck was wheelie'ing like it was mad. I mean front in the air balls out performance. he has messed with his slipper clutch and stuff like that but we dont think thats the cause of the wheelies. Oh well im glad for him. BUT while he was ripping mad wheelies guess what I did.. I thought my savage was a submarine so i flipped it upside down into a ditch full of water. My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach as soon as I saw it go under.. aggghhhhh.. but I took it out.. pumped the water out of the engine and ran a tank through it to clear the water out of it. the electronics arent working properly yet but I still have take them appart to dry them out. Ill keep everyone informed
Old 02-04-2003, 05:08 AM
forcelite
My Feedback: (1)

best thing you can do for wet electronics is to clean with alcohol and dont power them on until they dry. Water wont hurt electronics by itself. It needs power to be run through it to short and ruin it.
Old 02-04-2003, 03:38 PM
Unstable

water alone wont wreck them but corrosion will. I would open it all up and clean with alchohol or electronics cleaner (from radioshack or the like) ASAP
the minerals and such in standing water can really mess it up, by leaving deposits or corroding the leads.

what was he running on the suspension, stock or what? I have heard that higher weight oil will make it pull wheelies by eliminating the dampening the shock have on the takeoff.
Old 02-04-2003, 04:55 PM
Bluehydro8

This is very cool; I never thought that a stock savage could pull wheelies. I am a bit skeptical but I still think it is cool.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:58 PM
darmom

Mine doesn't accelerate very well at all... maybe the slipper clutch needs to be adjusted... (time to bust out the manual)
Old 02-05-2003, 12:33 AM
rcidiot728

finaly some guys from LA, but im runnin an electric stampede, ur outta my league
Old 02-05-2003, 12:54 AM
Big Ted

Damn! I've installed a cvec pipe on my savage and I still cant get it to wheel stand. I took two shock spacers off the front and put them on the back, and it almost gets those wheels up.

Next step I think is 20% nitro (only running 15% now) and stiffer shock oil...

I'm going to get my savage standing up if it's the last thing I do!!
Old 02-05-2003, 02:37 AM
NDeedOne

Yep, i'm not kidding...mine is totally stock (except Hitec Servo), and wheeling like there was no tomorrow. The weather was not at all cold (about 70ish degrees) and the shock oil is stock. The thing about it is that we have three "identical" Savages and theirs' (Pyroman & Brewyet) just wouldn't do it ... I sure do wish I had a video camera, because I can't believe it either, ... and I was the one doing it and watching it....

The back wasn't loaded with anything either...

Now that Big Ted mentioned it, i am going to put the front shock spacers on the rear and see what she's really do... might be able to ride wheelie at 3/4ths throttle... maybe...?

later guys