Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Where are they made

Old 02-04-2003, 10:46 PM
bonuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are they made

I've been having a hard time deciding between the T-maxx, and the Savage. Maybe this could help, where are they made. If they are from the USA I don't have to pay duty when I go get it. I don't know maybe it could sway my decision

bonuts
Old 02-04-2003, 11:36 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

TMaxx Corporation:

1-888-TRAXXAS (1-888-872-9927)
If you are outside the U.S., call (972) 265-8000

We have extended our customer service hours in order to serve you better. We are available:

Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. central time.

Traxxas Corporation
1100 Klein Road
Plano, Texas 75074
USA

Traxxas U.K.
P.O. Box 1128
Winterbourne, Bristol
BS36-2SH, England
Phone: 44-117-956-1002
Fax 44-117-956-1121
Old 02-04-2003, 11:40 PM
bonuts

Sooo, they're both made in the USA correct. Or are the addresses just retailers, are they built else where. Just wanna make sure 'cause earlier I was told Traxxas is mad e somewhere else.

bonuts
Old 02-05-2003, 03:05 AM
LooneyTunes

The T-Maxx is made in Taiwan. I haven't found anything on my Savage to identify the country of origin.

LT
Old 02-05-2003, 03:12 AM
LandShark

you cant really tll where they were made.

they are not socks, or cups. they are complicated machines.

parts might be made in USA, Japan, China, China Taiwan,

and some other asian countries.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:17 AM
bonuts

Somewhere on the box it'll say, customs will care.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:23 AM
LandShark

let me check my savage box
Old 02-05-2003, 03:24 AM
dagass

HPI headquarters are in Foothill Ranch California:

http://www.hpiracing.com/tour/history.htm

It appears that the cars are made there and then exported to both HPI Europe and HPI Japan.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:24 AM
LandShark

no, the box does not show any "made in XXXXX"
Old 02-05-2003, 03:28 AM
bonuts

hmmm, well if it doesn't say how will customs know, right.... Well thats my hope anyways. Does it say on the T-maxx box, if anyones got one handy.

bonuts
Old 02-05-2003, 03:47 AM
SINNER

tmaxx box says traxxas corp Plano Texas Made in Taiwan

May throw a wrench in that.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:40 AM
XR2PROBE
My Feedback: (2)

HEY THE REALY STORY BEHIND THE MANUFACTURES ISNT WHERE THEY ARE MADE BUT MORE IN THE REPUTATIONS THAT THEY ARE BUILT ON..............IF YOUR CONCERNED AS TO WHERE THEY ARE MADE I WOULD START LOOKING INTO OTHER FORMS OF HOBBY INTERESTS ONLY BECAUSE YOU WONT FIND ONE THAT IS MADE ENTIRELY IN ONE LOCATION OVER ANOTHER...........ETC. ETC. ETC. THE REAL WORD HERE IS CHECK INTO THE COMPANY'S REPUTATION AND LOOK AT THEIR ADVICE COLUMNS LIKE THIS ONE OR SOME OF THE OTHER COLUMNS THAT ARE AROUND THEY ARE YOUR TRUE SOURCE OF LEARNING THE PRO'S AND CON'S OF THE HOBBY
Old 02-26-2003, 06:43 AM
aip_tuner

Default say.

wooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

Easy there sport.

calm down on the dumb,dumb!

Later.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:32 AM
LandShark

i got it, Savage is made in Taiwan,China.

EK4 is made in China, that is why there are many EK4 owners

in China, less T-maxx and Savage owners.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:24 AM
XR2PROBE

look i didnt mean to get your feathers in a ruffle there guy what i was implying is most if not all kits you were implying about are readyily availiable in the USof A and that the way that you originally put the question to us guys in this forum is that you made it sound as though you were basing your decision solely on where they were made ..........as for the dumb dumb remark first you should consider the results of your actions before commiting to them ..... i was merely replying to what i thought i was reading as your question i....was not looking to start an arguement nor a discussion on how you feel about me answering you question in the first place..and second if i wanted to talk to you as an invilid i sure in the heck wouldn't have brout it to the discussion page ... i was merely giving my opinionm if that is the what we are to expect as a reply id think of another way of asking ............in short there are always gonna be misunderstandings to every question...........becareful how you reply ....................apparently i forgot to heed my own advice .for that i appologize as for the dumb dumb remark ...well ill leave that to you.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:41 AM
bonuts

Read it again, I have never altered the original post! In the original question I stated clearly "If they are from the USA, I don't have to pay duty". Sooo, looks like I was correct all along, I did ask a specific question that in NO way implied I actually would base my desision solely on where they are made (more because of paying duty on foriegn items). Just curious of kind of duty I would have to pay to bring my new truck across the border. Don't care personally if its built in the USA, or Japan, or anywhere else.
I, and everyone else in the hobby also realizes that these kits are readily available, so that in now way has anything to do with the question.
You have absolutely no right to tell others to find a new hobby, especially when based on a question you didn't read fully, or maybe you didn't understand the question? If you don't read the original question, or don't know what exactly the question is, don't answer the question.

Yes, I do agree that calling you down was not a good idea and I apologize.
BUT, you also told me that I should find a new hobby, and made me seem like a bad guy because I wouldn't buy a truck that wasn't built in the USA. Its called the "free-trade agreement" and I would like to use it to the fullest. You know to save cash, which if built over-sees could have added nearly $140US to the price of a new RC. Do you now get it?

Thank to all of you who answered the question, with-out dumping on me for something I never said.

bonuts
Old 03-03-2003, 09:01 AM
XR2PROBE

and i apoligize for the the misunderstanding that you took from my reply i was simply taking your question to the point of what it sounded like to me and apparently to others as well .as stated above by LANDSHARK

you cant really tll where they were made.

they are not socks, or cups. they are complicated machines.

parts might be made in USA, Japan, China, China Taiwan,

and some other asian countries.................

and i was trying to give you an idea as to the issues involved around the concept that there are those among us that only buy from one are as opposed to another area simply because of personal feelings towards the opposition, i have come across it as well im sure you have as well, that is the way that ...(TO ME)......sounded like you were only concerend with where it was manufactured only.and that is where i have found that those people out there that do that sort of thing should consider that there really isnt 1 source that any of these kits are manufactured at and that to get into this hobby they may have to accept that restriction..............i appologize for my reaction sounding like i was cutting you down that was my fault and not one that i intended to make sound like i was doing instead i was trying to give you a better reasoning to my answer..with a better reaction again my mistake....and as for paying duty....well i live in the states and havent ever heard of that term before so i really didnt understand your question as well as you say that you made it clear and by no means i wasn't dumping on you except when you called me dumb dumb..............and its no problem really i just wanted you to know that the question wasnt as clear as you may have thought
Old 03-03-2003, 09:11 AM
XR2PROBE

those are considerations that we all must think about when we post a question.....and expect replyies we dont like..it was simply an opinion to a remark that sounded like a question that a new comer would ask...........you know where are they made ...how fast do they go....can i get parts redily for it or do i have to wait for them to send them to me...that is the way that i took it and also i understand that people are concerned that i am yelling at them because i am using capps....thats not case here .i am legally blind in one eye and i use caps so that i dont make as frequent mistakes at typing.........plus i was using a 12 inch monitor that made it harder then hell to see small case letters.......but that isnt the case anymore as you can see.i got a new monitor so problems solved..........thanks for letting me ramble