Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

t-maxx broke screw

Old 02-06-2003, 06:08 PM
joe78586
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-maxx broke screw

I broke the screws from the front bulkhead and i ca't take out the rest of the screw in the bulkhead.
Ca someone help me?
I had just got it running cause I had broke broken the engine mount.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:56 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Hmmmm....If any part of the screw is showing....you can try to use a dremel wheel (thin one) to score a straight gap in it....then try using a flat head screw driver to back it out.

If that is not an option.....then you might try an ez out....if you can find one small enough.

Good Luck!
Old 02-06-2003, 09:05 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Ok try this..
Soak thething in OIL..
If you can dothat, keep it wet with some lubricant..
Try to give it a jolt.
If all else fails you can always use a dremel or drill it out!
-ram
Old 02-07-2003, 01:33 AM
joe78586

I think the only way out is to use a dremel because nothing is sticking out. If I use a dremel I will have to redo the thread right.
Thanks for the help
Old 02-26-2003, 05:18 AM
XR2PROBE
My Feedback: (2)

IT DEPENDS ON WHETHER OR NOT IT IS PLASTIC OR ALUMINUM...........IF ALUMINUM YOU CAN HEAT IT UP IN THE OVEN UNDER THE BROILER SETTING .AFTER YOU CUT YOUR SLOT IN THE SCREW STUD AND LEAVE IT IN THE OVEN FOR ABOUT 10 MIN AT 450 AND THAT SHOULD BREAK THE BOND OF THE THREADS THEN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO BACK THE STUD OUT WITH A PAIR OF JEWLERS FLAT HEAD SCREWDRIVERS.........THEN COOL IT PROMPLY AFTER YOU GET THE STUD OUT IN COOL WATER ...JUST REMEMBER TO TAKE PRECAUTIONS WITH HOT METALS AND FIND A GOOD WORK SURFACE
Old 02-27-2003, 01:51 AM
JWash1

Joe, this may seem like a silly question, but, I gotta know, How does one break an engine mount?
Old 02-27-2003, 03:02 AM
XR2PROBE

i had abroken engine mount .....so i contacted traxxas and there reply was that some of the generation 1 maxxes had poor castings for the engine mounts that led to stripping of the chassis screws
Old 02-27-2003, 03:50 AM
vonster

If the screw is in the stock plastic bulkhead don't worry about it and buy some aluminum ones because you will break more. I have seen a lot of the front bulkheads breaking.
As fars as broken engine mounts I don't know if the 1st gen maxx motor mount is the same as the 2.5 but I had one to break when someone I was racing ran right over the top of me and hit the motor causing the mount to snap and also destroyed my clutch bell.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:33 PM
joe78586

I broke the engine mount whe it ran away because the on/off switch had a chewd cable I didn't know about.
The bulheads are alumium.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:25 AM
XR2PROBE

Hey Joe did you use lock tight on the bulk head if so try heating it up in your oven after you slot it with a dremel ...it should back out without a problem....as for the truck having a run away on you.you might think of getting an AUTOMATIC KILL SWITCH or a THROTTLE RETURN SPRING for you truck.......had it been a child or a dog your screw problem may have been the least of your problems
Old 02-28-2003, 02:33 PM
joe78586

Thanks
I already fixed the cable but I can still use that spring just in case.
Where can I get one.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:52 PM
XR2PROBE

any small spring like that of a click pen spring(only alittle stronger) should work .........i used one from radio shack it was originally used for tape deck lids.but i just stretched it out to about a half of an inch and bent one end up and put it behind the back pressure plate screw and then reinstalled it into the hole and screwwed it down then i took the other end and put the other ring into the second hole in the carb adjuster arm so that when i would lose reciever comms. with my radio it would pull the throttle to the closed position ..........if you need pics i have them just send me an e-mail and ill send them to you
Old 03-03-2003, 08:11 AM
XR2PROBE

HAVE YOU RECEIVED THE PICS OR NOT FOR THE RETURN SPRING...REASON IM ASKING IS I HAVE HAD ALOT OF REPLYS THAT I HAVE POSTED WITH THOSE PICS INCLUDED .......THANKS