Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Exhaust Gunk

Old 02-07-2003, 04:50 AM
Dlock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Gunk

Hey all just wondering if if a little extra liquid being stuck in my exhaust is normal. I am assuming it's just left over oil from the fuel, but just wanted to check to see if this is normal. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-07-2003, 05:49 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Exhaust Gunk

Yep....It's normal.

When your finished running your rig.....and the fuel tank is empty....just tip the rig on it's side...(same side as the exhaust)....and roll your rig from front to back.....and try moving the excess oil out to the exhaust tube. Once you have what residue will freely come out....and your ready to put your rig up for the night....you can tear a piece of paper towel and roll it on an end....and insert it into the exhaust opening to catch any residue that may be left and possibly spill out.

Wives and girlfriends think your being a considerate RC enthusiast since this will keep oil from spilling on the floors and carpets. One more reason to let them know why you spend time on RCU....learning all of these little tips!
Old 02-07-2003, 06:20 AM
SINNER

Default Exhaust Gunk

Not only is it normal, but I think it's a good thing. If you haved a little excess fluid in the pipe you are getting enough fuel and therefore enough lubricant into your engine. Something that I use to help prevent mess is the little rubber caps for vacuum ports on full size cars. auto parts stores have an assortment of sizes and they are very cheap. Just slip it over the stinger and no dribbles on the carpet Dribbles on carpet are very bad for a happy marriage. Don't want to sped parts money on carpet cleaning :bananahea