Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Updated* Building my Mugen Works Buggy...Chassis all done! Only Engine/radio left!

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Updated* Building my Mugen Works Buggy...Chassis all done! Only Engine/radio left!

Old 02-07-2003, 03:16 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated* Building my Mugen Works Buggy...Chassis all done! Only Engine/radio left!

**UPDATED** February 189th 2:18 AM

Wel lnow I got the suspension in place as well!
I got the following to go:

Engine
Radio
Fuel Tank
Body

Thats it!! I'll be good to go!
I'm gonna get the engine mounted tomorrow. I need a few bearing and I didnt have em, so I couldnt do anything

Oh well I'm off to sleep Thanks for looking!
ram
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	55981_22856.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	33257  
Old 02-07-2003, 08:48 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Default Updated* Building my Mugen Works Buggy...Chassis all done! Only Engine/radio left!

I JUST RECIEVED MY BUGGY!!
Unfortunately I have to go to work.. but Heck its actually BIGGER than I expected!!

The Carrying case is quite cool!
I think I Can fit the finished buggy and the remote in there quite well!!
I'm gonna start assembly tonight.. I'll take ictures and stuff then
-ram
Old 02-08-2003, 01:58 AM
ridethelightnin

Default Buggy

I did a search on this and found http://www.nitroreview.com/compare/homekits.cfm

click on you car and read some of the review people posted. Just thought you may be interested if you haven't already checked it out.

Why are buggies so expensive compared to a MT? I don't know a lot about this so that 's why I am asking.
Old 02-08-2003, 02:37 AM
SINNER

I think the buggies are more geared towards the competative racer. Anything to do with racing is going to cost more but they also put a lot of quality and go fast pieces into them that us car crushers can live without. Besides, we wait for breakage to excuse buying upgrades
Old 02-08-2003, 04:55 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Yeah I know I've seen it

I found out that a Buggy is quite sensitive to the way you drive it.
Each buggy needs to be driver differently.
The front differential is slightly TALLER than the rear in the Works edition. This can throw people off.

The Kanai 2 drives differently, so I'm pretty sure its the setup and preference that throws people off.
Looking at this kit.. its quite impressive!
ALL the parts are very high quality, lots of polished aluminum, and not much plastic.

I appreciate you bringing that to my attension ridethelightnin, really do! It takes guys to say "What you bought sucks" hehe
But I've seen plenty of other reviews that state otherwise and heck if you look at the top charts, while Kyosho dominates, Mugen is up there as well.
I plan to race, but not quite yet, I plan on getting used to the buggy in my backyard first.
Well heck I'm gonna do this in my sier's bedroom, some clean space..lol
Heres a pic

Name:	53617_22856.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	33258  
Old 02-08-2003, 08:21 PM
ridethelightnin

Buggies

Glad YOu didn't take it as a flame, just wanted to be sure you read the reviews in case you wanted to change your mind. If you like it, you will have to post your review on that site.

Good luck with your kit. One of these days I'll get one too. Not many places to race here in So. CA, which seems kinda strange. Too built up around here I guess and too many complaints about the noise too.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:47 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Yeah CA.. I can imagine!!
Well heres an update.. Actually worked on it a little bit today.
I had to dig for tools and such

I built the front and rear diffs. I started working on the center.. but I kinda hurt myself a little bit so I stopped. I currently have about 8 scratches on my hands. papercuts from work, scratches while using the drille you name it!
These things are actually partially filled with diff fluid!! I thought that was pretty impressive!

Parts are definitely VERY high quality. Compared to the HPI SS kit I last built this was way superior. Even the plastic is amazingly hard.

Anyway I'm missing a coupla small allen set screws.. actually 2. Its wierd I dont think I ever saw more than 2. Oh well, its like 1:45 I'm gonna work on it more tomorrow night. The manual says they provided 4, maybe theyre there somewhere.
Tired.. gonna go to bed. Gotta get to work tomorrow, come back and work on it some more! (Damn its like I dont go to school any more! lol)
-ram

Name:	53879_22856.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	33259  
Old 02-17-2003, 05:35 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

I'm thru for today.. Tomorrow I finish up the rear cvds.. and get the suspension hooked up.. and after that lookin at about 2-3 more days untill I fire it up so I'll have it running by next weekend !!
-ram

Name:	55983_22856.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	33260