RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

new clutch springs question?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 11:48 PM
fga
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new clutch springs question?

I had converted my 2 shoe clutch to a 3 spring set up. I have to tune it alittle but, it doesn't want to get going at all. Starts right up, revs pretty smooth, but can't get the truck over 5-10 mph i would imagine.

Is it possible the springs are too stiff? do they have to be broken in slightly? Because of the cold winter, i haven't had the time to really test out different springs, etc. Just wondering about the new springs.

The engine is new also. been broken in properly, etc. At first i thought it was the pipe, but i can't see the pipe haveing that much difference to practically not allow engine to even get moving.

any thoughts?

Truck is a Warhead
.32 Axial
New EVO flywheel and clutch shoes/springs
Old 02-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Bria1

Default RE: new clutch springs question?

Is the engine revving and the truck just not going or is it bogging the engine down so it will barely rev up? If it is revving and not going, either your clutch or your slipper is slipping. If it is bogging and not wanting to rev up, check your engine tune.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:02 AM
fga
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: new clutch springs question?

ORIGINAL: Bria1

Is the engine revving and the truck just not going or is it bogging the engine down so it will barely rev up? If it is revving and not going, either your clutch or your slipper is slipping. If it is bogging and not wanting to rev up, check your engine tune.
strange. It sort of did both?? It almost bogged down, but if i gave it a quick hit of throttle, it barely moved... yet the throttle would would be crisp for that moment when it blipped it..

I'm hoping its the tune so i don't have to pull it apart for nothing... just getting some thoughts.