? about Dominator 4-4

Old 02-11-2003, 05:20 AM
DAVCOM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about Dominator 4-4

i got this for early bday from my wife
its the ofna Dominator4by4 with hyper2.1 8 port motor
my ? is did this just come out or was this last yrs model
i own a tmaxx and i was going to upgrade it but she bought this truck i like it and all but havent seen ANYTHING on forum boards
about them like hop ups and tires ect....
any help would be great
i see alot about other ofna trucks but nothing about this one
except that it comes in 2 models on the suspention is high
and the other like i have is lower supposed to be for better handling in corners and fast because it sits lower
thanks in advance for courtious replys..
Old 02-11-2003, 05:32 AM
3maxxman
My Feedback: (2)

There are a few hop ups for the Dominator, but it is the Monster Pirate with all the hop ups on it. Run it, they are very nice trucks!
Welcome to the board.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:44 AM
DAVCOM

thanks for the reply 3maxxman i do like it just only i went to run it and there is 3 set screws on rear diff and one was missing so i took it back to hobby shop they fixed it i brought it home and tried to start it the reciever wouldnt power up i again took it back and when they tested the electric on truck the reciever either has a loose solder on it or the board is cracked .. they the hobby shop ordered a new one and so i will wait untill fri to get it back
just seems like production was a little sloppy .. maybe it was friday.llollwhen it was made.. i will keep looking for things to do to it though...is the monster made by ofna to . i just got into this last yr. so am not up to date with all the things you can do to these trucks.. thanks again and nitro is best..
Old 02-11-2003, 06:08 AM
3maxxman

The Dominator is the updated Ofna Monster Pirate. The truck will run any of the Tmaxx tires on the MT-3 rims. You can get the typical aluminum parts for it: arms, bulkheads most all of the plastic parts you see. You also can get the proline Maxx conversion bulkheads that will allow you to run Maxx suspension on it if you want.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:23 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

www.powerlineracing.com hop-ups

www.nitrohouse.com place to get replacement parts

these sites have all the parts you need for the truck. Most of the parts from the monster pirate will fit, there are only a few minor differences and even the parts that look different can be swapped between the two trucks. The diffs are different in the dominator but they fit in either truck. the shocks have different hole sizes in the pistons too. All the aluminum hop ups will fit unless it says so. Any tires for the max or savage will work on the dominator wheels
Old 02-11-2003, 09:53 PM
savageone

Supposed to be a sweet truck for racing. I've got a buddy that just sold me his 2.5 t-maxx so he could get one. Good luck with the aftermarket parts, and keep us posted on how it turns out!
Old 02-12-2003, 01:28 AM
DAVCOM

this sight is very impresive . thank you all for your post and i will
reply as soon as i get new items. again thank you for the insight.
:thumbup:
Old 02-14-2003, 05:27 PM
Ricksp65

I.m getting ready to order a dominator To I rally like what I see.It should be a sweet truck.O yeah by the way aneyone know aneything about Hitek Lynx 3d radios I got a chance to get one for a grate price.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:19 AM
3maxxman

The lynx 3D is an excellent radio! I have run one for quite sometime, I am very happy with it. The programming is kind of funky but once you get your models programmed switching models is very easy.