Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Man.!$30 for r/c Gas!$1.80 for real gas!.I wish!...

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Man.!$30 for r/c Gas!$1.80 for real gas!.I wish!...

Old 02-11-2003, 06:34 AM
SuperMaxxMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Man.!$30 for r/c Gas!$1.80 for real gas!.I wish!...

i wish that a gallon of r/c gas was the price of real gas...Becuz i spend most money on gas..and plugs.If it were only $1.80 for a gallon of r/c gas i will have a stock pile!....well o well..not gonna happen..later
Old 02-11-2003, 05:20 PM
Pack of Q Tips

lets hope real gas doesnt catch up to r/c gas
Old 02-12-2003, 07:59 AM
Mopzilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And yet you still pay the $30 for nitro. That's why it's so high, because they know you will pay. I dunno how you get up to $30, because my 15% heli fuel only goes for about 14 bux a gallon if you buy a set of 4. good luck with finding good prices..
Old 02-12-2003, 08:14 AM
LandShark

i will try to mix fuel myself.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:58 AM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

Do you drive?
Do you commute over 100 miles a week?
Well you ARE spending that on your ride.
Come on.
$23 a gallon for fun is not out of reason.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:12 PM
Alteramod

Hey, I can get a gallon of gas for $10. Its not nitro but it works just as good. My dad said he would buy me a new engine if it fried it but it hasnt so far..... works great really......

The guy at the LHS mixes it himself, none want to buy it so he said thats why he sells it at $10 a gallon.

Also, he said thats all he runs through his planes "Im not paying those SOB $30 a gallon, heck with them" Not his choice of words. (yes mine arent as bad) So thats why i said why not to that fuel.
Old 02-12-2003, 03:15 PM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

Jeez,
My buddy can get $10 a gallon thru the local flying field.They(The Club)mix it them selves.
He choses to buy something more refined.
Like from the shop.
Burns cleaner and better.
You get what you pay for.
Bottom line.
BONEz'
Old 02-12-2003, 05:43 PM
rcfireman
My Feedback: (1)

Hey, buy what you want and more importantly can afford!!!!!!! I too have airplanes and was going to run airplane fuel in my Savage. However, after talking to a number of different people (at two different HS) I have chosen to run car fuel in my Savage and airplane fuel in my airplanes.

Maybe I am wasting my money? I do know this; car fuel is made for car engines! More than one person has told me that you need a higher nitro and oil content than what is in airplane fuel. Will it make my Savage 21 last longer than the guy who runs airplane fuel in his? Maybe, maybe not!

I figure why take the chance. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that airplane engines are a little different than car engines. I refer to the porting and so forth. Well good luck to everyone and I hope that I am wrong on this topic! I hope that you can run cheaper fuel without destroying your engines!

Later.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:54 PM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Anybody know what is in the traxxs fuel? al i know is it comes in 10 and 20% nitro, roughly the same as airplane fuel. You can get up to 35% nitro in planes and it is ony 15$/Gal. The difference must be the oil. Certainly isn't the nitro content.

Is it all synthetic or is it a castor/synthetic blend?
Old 02-13-2003, 12:04 AM
psycooclimber

there is no real difference in the gas. I have been using 5 year old 10% airplane fuel in my t-maxx.I even used it in my brake in. I have put maby 3 or 4 gallons in and it works just fine
Old 02-13-2003, 12:35 AM
Alteramod

rcfireman you have a good point.
The fuel that got for $10 was 20% castrol oil and 80% methanol.
Like i said he has run it through all his engines.

Also, Knoxville ordered a temp gun from tower hobbies and I hope to be able to take the temp with some of the methanol gas and compare it to when i run my 20% nitro gas throught it.
If there is not a big difference then i think i will keep useing it.

The only thing that seems to be is that it lacks some power. Well I think that it is just me, one of thoughs things
If it does lack power then ill just use it to mess around till i want power then ill use the nitro
Old 02-13-2003, 01:00 AM
Krusty

Someone is misinforming you. Airplane fuel typically has 18% oil, of that, there is some castor oil in the mix. As an airplane guy you should know that. Car fuel typically has from 10% to 14% oil. This car/airplane fuel has been discussed many times before. I suggest the SEARCH function to find out more on this topic.

Originally posted by rcfireman

I do know this; car fuel is made for car engines! More than one person has told me that you need a higher nitro and oil content than what is in airplane fuel. Will it make my Savage 21 last longer than the guy who runs airplane fuel in his? Maybe, maybe not!

I figure why take the chance. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that airplane engines are a little different than car engines
Later.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:49 AM
jeeptuff

Originally posted by Krusty
Someone is misinforming you. Airplane fuel typically has 18% oil, of that, there is some castor oil in the mix. As an airplane guy you should know that. Car fuel typically has from 10% to 14% oil. This car/airplane fuel has been discussed many times before. I suggest the SEARCH function to find out more on this topic.

:stupid: Krusty strikes again...