Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage 21 engine options???

Old 02-13-2003, 12:32 AM
Remote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 21 engine options???

If you have replace the stock engine with another, What did you get? How does it perform compare to stock? How about the Pipe and header?? What are you using?
Thanks.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:43 AM
Alteramod

Ok, I do not own a Savage. But I have heard that the Ofna .21 8 port is a good engine to put in. Puts out more hp and rpm than the stock.... Also i will get back to you on a good exhaust to put in it. (old post might take awhile)
Old 02-13-2003, 01:17 AM
creeping death

yea, i believe i heard the ofna hyper 6 port puts out 2.5 hp and 38,000 rpm's...the stock motor puts out 1.7hp and 31,000 i believe....put the hyper on with a stronger clutch, bigger clutch bell, and pipe, and look out tmaxx's!
Old 02-13-2003, 01:18 AM
creeping death

excuse me, i mean hyper 8 port! :stupid:
Old 02-13-2003, 01:24 AM
pirate man

where can I get the bigger clutch you speak of for the 8 port and what part # is it ?

cowboysfan
Old 02-13-2003, 02:11 AM
stadium-truck1

if you get a hyper 8 port you will probably want to get a 16t to replace the 14t (clutch bell) to some what keep the beast's front end on the ground
Old 02-13-2003, 03:45 AM
Alteramod

Ok, I got that name of the pipe. Its the RB 086. LooneyTunes had posted a report on it and how it is really good. The thread should be on the first or second page, called: Savage RB 086 report.

I hope that this helps any........
Old 02-13-2003, 04:29 AM
SuperMaxxMan

Default go with the.....

go with the hyper 8 port...its cheap and sooo good!..and a nice pipe with a lot of low end..later
Old 02-13-2003, 04:39 AM
IDestroyYourMax

I raced my friends 2.5 Maxx stock aginst stock last month and no matter what youve read in the latest shootout (cant remember the mag.) It is fabricated to say the least lol...The Savage pulled away from the Maxx at the start of second gear and quickly put space between them.......

Now...The with the Savage upgraded it is un believable how bad it out performs a T-Maxx.....

1st thing i did was get rid of the restrictive air filter that comes stock on the Savage,(go to your Local hardware store and purchase an air filter and be amazed at the difference) for $10 you cant beat it for instant breathing ability that is better than an original Rc replacement and adds a touch of crome also lol...

2nd thing I added the Hyper .21 8 port and custom aluminum pipe (made by a friend of mine from AMT)
the combination works impressively well and you cant go wrong with that motor for your 1st engine upgrade to you Savage

Soon I will have a Wasp .26 under my Savage body and then I'll upload video for you to see
Old 02-14-2003, 02:57 AM
Brewyet

I just ordered the Hyper 21 8 port, a RB086, a three shoe clutch, and a 16 tooth clutch bell. I ordered them from Ace Hardware Hobbies. Got a good price and they have all this stuff in stock. He knew just what I was looking for when I called. He said that alot of people were going with this setup. I will let yall know how it performs when I get it in.

later......Brewyet