RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

after run stuff

Old 02-13-2003, 06:57 PM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after run stuff

Hi All,

Just got a new T-maxx. The istructions are loaded with an annoying amount of ONLY use this and ALWAYS do that.

The question i have is after run maintinence. Is it really nesissary to undo the plug and spray WD 40 in every time? I never do that on planes and they have run for years for me.

Also they claim i have to wash the air filter every time, Sheesh!

what does real world experience say?
Old 02-13-2003, 07:17 PM
yunt2chat

Default after run stuff

I bought my t-maxx about 1 & 1/2 month ago and run it 2 or 3 times a week and have never put after run oil in it and have not had a problem other than it will be running and just shut off like you hit a cut off switch or something. You hear something kind of like a click and it shut off, I think the carburator is not set up just right it always has done this. Sometimes it does ok and other times it acts up. I do try to keep my air filter clean though.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:05 PM
Unstable

Default after run stuff

airfilter: keep it clean... this is the only thing protecting your engine from crud getting in and killing it. check it quick after every run, if it looks discolored clean it... its as easy as taking it off and spraying fuel through it from the back.

after run: use it if you are going to store the truck for more than say a week or two. or if you were running on a humid day or in water/puddles.

the nitro in the fuel attracts water so any water in the air, so moisture will get sucked into the engine and can rust out a bearing/sleaves/stuff real quick.

also if you are planning on storing for a while run it out of fuel, then crank the engine over a few times with the glow charger in so as to burn up any left over nitro... again nitro attracts moisture.

take care of the engine and it will take care of you.