Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

servo twitching

Old 02-14-2003, 01:14 PM
yunt2chat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo twitching

My friend has a Nitro Quake monster truck and the throttle servo is twitching back and forth. He has new batteries and we checked all of them to make sure there was not a bad one in the bunch. They were all fully charged. We are thinking its in the electrics like maybe the receiver or crystals or something. Has anyone ever had this problem. Thanks Tony
Old 02-14-2003, 03:53 PM
vonster

Default servo twitching

Do you live close to anything that may be causing glitch? Maybe a major highway where powerful CBs in tractor-trailers could effect it or around highpowered electric lines. What kind of radio? If its AM then you could be getting glitches there. If it just jitters but don't make the truck go out of control, you might get away with driving it. Just don't risk it hanging wide open and hitting someone or something.
Just a couple of ideas.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:22 PM
yunt2chat

Default servo twitching

Well it's an AM stock hitec radio. I have a T MAXX stock AM radio with no interference with it. Plus we drove all over town checking it out and no matter where we went it jittered. It did run wide open a few times when we first started it and was afraid to run it with this problem. Thanks Tony
Old 02-14-2003, 05:32 PM
Celly013

Default servo twitching

Originally posted by yunt2chat
Well it's an AM stock hitec radio. I have a T MAXX stock AM radio with no interference with it. Plus we drove all over town checking it out and no matter where we went it jittered. It did run wide open a few times when we first started it and was afraid to run it with this problem. Thanks Tony
Make sure none of your electronics are grounded out on the chassis, or rubbing up against something metal... This can cause alot of issues with your servos and rx..
Old 02-15-2003, 03:05 PM
vonster

Default servo twitching

I would put a throttle return spring on it any how in case the batterys go dead. But I wouldn't drive until the glitch problem was fixed.

As cheap as AM radios are now it might be worth it to just replace it with a new one.

Have you pulled the antenna out of the tube to see if there are any breaks in the wire?
Old 02-15-2003, 03:37 PM
yunt2chat

Default servo twitching

we have not checked for wires being grounded yet, we will do that. This is also this truck is aonly 2 months old and very well taken care of. thanks tony
Old 02-15-2003, 04:26 PM
Celly013

Default servo twitching

we have not checked for wires being grounded yet, we will do that. This is also this truck is aonly 2 months old and very well taken care of. thanks tony
Well, this isn't cecessarily an abuse issue.... I Had this issue when I have one of my servo screws nic it's power wire.. A little shrink tubing fixed it right up...
Old 02-16-2003, 09:12 PM
MaxxTurnedSavag

Default servo twitching

i had the same problem dude , i ended up replacing the reciever , i think it had gotten wet, keeping the stock servos and changing out the reciever worked for me , hope this helps , it might have had something to do with driving through 6 inches of snow , but hey , i couldnt wait to drive it
Old 02-16-2003, 09:45 PM
yunt2chat

Default servo twitching

Thanks we will change out the receiver and see if that will work. I really appreciate the help. Thanks to RCU also, best forum ever.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:47 PM
SteinyD

Default servo twitching

Let us know how you make out. I'd be interested to know what the final resolution is!

Thanks we will change out the receiver and see if that will work. I really appreciate the help. Thanks to RCU also, best forum ever.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:39 PM
XR2PROBE
My Feedback: (2)

Default servo twitching

IF ITS NOT THE RECEIVER .......CHECK THE CHASSIS FOR CHATTER LIKE AN EXAUST PIPE VIBRATING AGAINST THE CHASSIS OR IF IT HAS A METAL SPUR GEAR UPGRADE MAKE SURE IT'S SPACED PROPERLY ALSO CHECK TO MAKE SURE THE RECEIVER BATTERIES AREN'T GROUNDING OUT AND THAT THE RECEIVER IS AT THE FARTHEST POINT AWAY FROM THE ENGINE AND THE REC BATTERIES, ANOTHER THING YOU CAN CHECK IS WHETHER OR NOT THE RECEIVER ANTENNA IS ROUTED NEXT TO THE ON BOARD SERVO'S IF THEY ARE MOVE IT AWAY AS TO SOME AM RECEIVERS CAN PICK UP ELECTRICAL PULSES.......HOPE THIS HELPS..........LAST BUT NOT LEAST YOU COULD ALSO TRY TO ISOLATE THE RECEIVER BY PLACING IT INSIDE A CPU SHIPPING BAG AND ZIP TYING IT AND PUTTING FOAM UNDER IT FOR A CUSION...........THE BAG HELPS BY REDUCING STATIC ELECTRICITY AND THE FOAM REDUCES VIBRATION
Old 03-05-2003, 09:02 AM
forcelite
My Feedback: (1)

Default servo twitching

good advice