Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage motor upgrade...

Old 02-15-2003, 07:43 AM
Epik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage motor upgrade...

I'm thinking about upgrading my savage motor . I've heard that the Ofna .25 is great but I've also heard that the Ofna Hyper .21 8 port is excellent. Has anyone installed these engines in their Savages, if so how do they run? Another question is if you install these engines do you need to upgrade anything else besdies the clutch bell and pipe.
Thanks in advance
Old 02-15-2003, 08:12 AM
NDeedOne

Brewyet will be installing the 8 port in his savage tomorrow...I'm sure he will let you know how it "goes"... However, there is a 70% chance of some serious wet stuff coming down... plus, he has to break it in.
later
Old 02-15-2003, 08:25 AM
Epik

Well hope nothing falls tomorrow. How about I live in Southern Cali thought I would have some good weather to run and break in my truck. Well after the break in I got hit with midterm assigments, as well as an internship. Finally got some time off and I get an ear-ache, which leads to vertigo. Well the vertigo went away and low and behold we get a damn rain storm in L.A.! It finally stopped raining today and my damn pullstart broke. How's that for a stream of bad luck
Old 02-15-2003, 05:29 PM
creeping death

the hyper .21 8 port is a direct bolt on...the .25 needs some drilling.
Old 02-16-2003, 12:04 AM
MaxxTurnedSavag

Epik,
i installed the .25 last weekend , i used the stock motor mounts and drilled a new hole closer to the front of the motor in the stock mount , lined it all up and loc-tited my motor to my mount , threw it in there with stock clutchbell and everything , since last weekend ive only put 7-8 tanks through it and it gains more power every tank, my buddy has a stock savage and mine spanks it off the line , in a straightaway... and off road its got so much power a slight incline and full throttle will take the front wheels off the ground... it climbs giant hills with ease , if its torque your after , get this baby, the 8 port cant hang with it when it comes to torque
Old 02-16-2003, 04:05 AM
Brewyet

I installed the 8 port Ofna, RB pipe, 16 tooth bell, and a 3 shoe clutch this morning, it poured down rain all day. I should have bought an RC Boat. Broke in the 8 port in the shop. Ran it around inside. I sliced my hand open trying to catch it from ramming into my toolbox. OUCH@@@@!! I am having trouble understanding the instructions on where the low speed needle needs to be set. They say 3 turns out from flush? If i turn it out 3 turns out from flush it quits being a motor and becomes a "fuel Pump". Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.......Brewyet
Old 02-16-2003, 06:43 PM
MaxxTurnedSavag

The ofna instructions that came with my motor were less than perfect , they were pretty generic, not to mention bad grammer all over... i just went ahead and broke it in through 4 or so tanks at factory settings and then started leaning it slowly , but if the instructions are the only thing i have to complain about with this motor , then i need to get my butt outside in the 10 degree weather and play with it
Old 02-20-2003, 03:29 AM
roc

I have that rb 086 pipe in my savage, it's hella sweet and much quiter than the stock. I also have the ofna 15t clucth bell , can some one tell me if it should replace the stock cluth bell with no problem and do i need a smaller bearing?