Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Tmaxx vs Savage?..Which is a better truck?Good and bads??

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Tmaxx vs Savage?..Which is a better truck?Good and bads??

Old 02-15-2003, 07:46 AM
SuperMaxxMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmaxx vs Savage?..Which is a better truck?Good and bads??

Just wondering which is a better truck? TMAXX or SAVAGE????????Then lets see which is better....

AND PLEASE TELL IT FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE!....thanx laterz
Old 02-15-2003, 08:03 AM
Epik

Well in my opinion they're both GREAT trucks. The tmaxx is good because of its top speed, price, and option of the EZ start. I myself own a Savage, but my friend owns a TMaxx. If we race straight forward the guy gets me, but on jumps and hill climbing I get the best of him because I seem to land on my wheels more than him I think they're equal trucks considering one is 1/10 and the other is 1/8. I guess the main reason I got the Savage instead of the Tmaxx was because my friend had a TMaxx and also because I LOVE to run his TMaxx over
Old 02-15-2003, 03:34 PM
dagass

Check out the April 2003 Radio Control Nitro Magazine. They have a 10 page showdown between the Savage and the T-maxx. Theres a lot of head to head testing in there and the results are pretty close.

I'm an die hard HPI guy and I hate to say it, but they give the nod to the T-maxx. Personally, I'd still buy the Savage because the stock suspension is so much better than the T-maxx. A little more motor and the Savage would be the truck to beat.

Good luck!
Old 02-15-2003, 09:29 PM
LandShark

here we go, s vs t thread again.

i read the review on that magazine, it's BS
Old 02-15-2003, 09:42 PM
Dlock

Originally posted by LandShark
i read the review on that magazine, it's BS
Just curious, but why would you think it's BS? I mean everyone has opinions, but why would a magazine that's doing a shootout favor one over they other? Is it really that hard to take it if the magazine says the T Maxx is better then the Savage?

They are both very different trucks. I really think it comes down to a matter of personal preference. If I wanted a truck that kicked butt through the woops and landed like it was "in a bucket of Coolwhip" like the article said. I would have bought a Savage no matter who won the contest. I think it is great that magazines put out this kind of literature, so people can make an informed decision.

I say good job to Radio Control Nitro Magazine, and I hope to see more to come......

Just my .02 worth
Old 02-16-2003, 01:36 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

I agree with Dlock.

Hey guys....lets remember....it's a hobby, right? And it's about having fun, right? Pick which one you want....and go have some fun. They are both good rigs.....isn't that enough to rely on?
Old 02-16-2003, 03:40 AM
darmom

I have only used and owned a Savage. It ROCKS. I have jumped, crashed, rolled, cartwheeled, and wrecked that thing 50 different ways. It's the toughest thing I've ever seen. I hit a 2" pole at full speed, right on the front shock - The only thing that I needed to replace was a bent shock shaft. I've broken a few fins off the top of the motor and given the roll bar a creative bend to it. Even with all that, this thing keeps going. I haven't been able to break any A-arms, shock towers or any of the other usual weak points that quickly died on my other cars. This thing kicks A--.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:32 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

why do we always forget the terra crusher iknow its not as good as your rigs but please can u include at least the terra crusher as an extra
Old 02-16-2003, 06:34 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Originally posted by badboy2
why do we always forget the terra crusher iknow its not as good as your rigs but please can u include at least the terra crusher as an extra
i dont care if theyre negative. good or bad publicity still publicity
Old 02-16-2003, 11:01 PM
JWash1

The rivalry that has formed over the past few months in our HOBBY seems to be no less intense than the classic Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge rivalry that has continued for the better part of the last 50 Years. Let us all agree to disagree without hostility or anger.
First there was only one; T-Maxx. Others came, but were not acceptable. Then along came Savage, now there are two parked side by side, equal not only in price but in capability. There is room for both these Trucks in our hobby, and many more, although the manufacturers may disagree. Competition for our Loyalty and our Dollars is what has driven manufacturers to constantly improve their products and to bring us to where we are today.
Personally, I Love my Maxx. It has brought me countless hours of enjoyment, But I welcome ANY Evolution that may come along, as long as it helps our Hobby to GROW and continue.
My first was a Tamiya Hornet, back in 1985 ( I could not at the time afford an Associated RC 10 ).
We have come a long long way.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:12 AM
speeddemon-RCU

i have a savage witch ithink is great ive probably fliped 100 time sand its only broke 2 times. but in speed a t-maxx smokes the savage.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:42 AM
Dlock

clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap

Well said JWash1. I too feel that there can be two big boys on the block. Rivalries are good, it's what makes things(products) better. I love hearing about things people have done with both their T-Maxxes and Savages. Hearing about people's expierences (and trying to help with problems) is what makes me come back to the message board every day.

Both trucks are very good, it's all about what you want. You are not going to go wrong with either truck.....
Old 02-22-2003, 03:44 PM
XR2PROBE
My Feedback: (2)

HEY I SAY YOU PUT THE WHEELS AND TIRES ON A MAXX WITH THE BODY AND CALL IT A........................... SAVAGE MAXX.................WHAT'D YOU SAY ARE YOU WITH ME.............AFTER ALL THOSE ARE THE ONLY GOOD PARTS ON THE SAVAGE
Old 02-22-2003, 03:50 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Ya i agree, i may be buying the savage if it had a better motor on it. 1.7hp just aint gonna cut it. Hpi has a trendancy to put crappy motors in thier vehicles. just think how fast hpis cars/trucks would be if they had some decent engines in them.
Old 02-22-2003, 04:03 PM
bigbadbowtie

I just ordered my savage..... I have driven and looked at both very closely. I went with the savage because of the Big block and the way its built. To me it just looked and felt like a better built truck.
With a pipe change the savage produces quite a bit more power.
It made enuff of a difference to make the savage wheelie just like the max.

Ray