RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Rate your TMaxx

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 05:08 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rate your TMaxx

I'm curious to know from all TMaxx owners how satisfied you are with your truck?

Please explain the following and other points you might think of.

1. What do you like about it?

2. How long have you owned it?

3. Is it stock?

4. What have you upgraded?

5. Which glow plug do you use in it?

6. Which fuel do you use? (please no arguments here)

7. Are you using the stock radio?

8. How many do you own?

9. Why do you recommend a TMaxx to other's?

10. Is Traxxas a good company to deal with?
Old 02-16-2003, 06:56 AM
Father&Son

Default Rate your TMaxx

Well give me acouple months and I will tell you, I just bought my T-Maxx today. It was a tough decision and came down to the fact that the hobby shop that is close carries more for the T-Maxx then any of the other trucks.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:08 AM
crash_me_over

Default Rate your TMaxx

Ohhhhh....I detect a proud new owner of a 2.5 TMaxx!

I think you'll enjoy it. I love mine and have no regrets about buying it. In fact....I'm looking to add a roll cage to it in the near future.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/sh...r=3364&thumb=1
Old 02-16-2003, 10:26 AM
jeeptuff

Default Rate your TMaxx

CMO,
I loved the top speed and the handling, suprisingly.

I had mine for 4 months.

Stock for the most part, had aluminium A-Arrms cases.

Yes the stock radio was sufficient for the time being.

OS #3 plug was the choice.

Fuel wise I used Trinity monster HP 20%.

I would recomend it to others.

Traxxas= Top notch customer service.A++++
Old 02-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Tronjo

Default Rate your TMaxx

I love my T-maxx, bought it about 3 weeks ago. It sports a 56 ford truck body but otherwise is stock. I was running it on the road the other day to adjust my steering servo and put the maxx into a snow filled ditch, it got stuck. while fishing it out I slipped and fell from the ditch onto the blacktop with all 240 lbs of my weight landing on the stock radio. The battery cover and batterys went flying,but otherwise the radio transmitter was fine. So, ya, I like the stock radio. I am having a hard time getting to idle low enough for reverse to work, the idle speed screw doesn't seem to do much. I also broke the motor in in 15-20 degree weather, and am worried about the long term effects of this.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:13 PM
Spaceman Spiff
My Feedback: (1)

Default Rate your TMaxx

Just got mine broken in this week. Its a first RC car for me.

So far i love it. The two speed trans works great, but I am having trouble getting out of reverse. someone told me i need to adust the collar on the pushrod so i get a little more force out of the spring. i use Byrons 20% with a couple ounces of castor added.

The city just graded and put down gravel in the alley behind my house. most of the gravel is in everybodys back yard now, but i had a blast!
Old 02-16-2003, 09:08 PM
MaxxTurnedSavag

Default Rate your TMaxx

the tmaxx is not the truck to buy if you want to beat on it repetitively, lets put it that way
Old 02-16-2003, 10:38 PM
crash_me_over

Default Rate your TMaxx

Originally posted by MaxxTurnedSavag
the tmaxx is not the truck to buy if you want to beat on it repetitively, lets put it that way

MaxxTurnedSavag....While your thoughts are welcome....I was hoping not to have a battle started between the TMaxx and other MT'S. I'm simply asking for the answers to the questions listed in my original post. There are enough posts already stating who's is better. If you would like to list your answers to the questions....I think all would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2003, 02:56 AM
forcelite

Default Rate your TMaxx

The t-maxx was the best choice for me cause I love to modify everything. Nothing in my house is stock that I can mod, from my dvd player (all-region), to my ps2, to my computer, to my vacum, to my car, to my t-maxx. There is just so much out there to do to the t-maxx. I have had it for about 2 months run os8 plugs with wildcat 20%fuel. I brake things on it all the time but its mostly my part cause I have messed with it so much. Heck its cheaper than screwing with your real car via trial and error.

Forcelite
Old 02-17-2003, 03:19 AM
MaxxTurnedSavag

Default Rate your TMaxx

crash me over , im just posting how i was unsatisfied with mine as per your first post , i know everyone wont agree , but thats just my opinion that i think the savage is built better for extreme abuse , and trust me , im just as tired of hearing which is better , it depends on what you want to do with it , i think the t-maxx is a great truck , but its just not for me ... i guess i demand too much from it , but the savage meets my expectations..
Old 02-17-2003, 04:00 AM
crash_me_over

Default Rate your TMaxx

MaxxTurnedSavag....Thanks. I didn't mean to make it sound like I didn't care about what you had to say. I do appreciate your input also. Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 02-17-2003, 04:15 AM
SINNER

Default Rate your TMaxx

Great truck.

1. I like the look, the layout, engine power, two speed, drive shafts, suspesion design, electric start, aftermarket parts, and just about every hobby shop carries parts.

Yes I have broken parts , but thats because of the conditions I have driven in. I have used abused and thoroughly enjoyed my tmaxx and plan on purchasing more in the future. That is part of the appeal. You can take a single truck and turn it into so many completely different trucks with the aftermarket parts.

2. I have had my truck since sept 02.

3. & 4. Mostly stock. Aluminum bumpers, skids, air cleaner. Mip cvds in rear. Steel spur. Hardened clutch bell. Rpm stablemaxx titan wheels, Ofna dominator tires. Upgrade only for wear and breakage.

5. Mckoy #8 plugs. Will fit stock glow plug wire.

6. Trinity Monster power 20%. 3 gallons so far.

7. Stock radio. Hasn't let me down. Works farther than I can see it.

8. 1 so far. Will change in near future. Wifey wants 1 too.

9. Yes, I would recommend. Was my 1st MT and 1st nitro and it still runs. That has to account for something.

10. Haven't dealt with Traxxas directly. Haven't needed to. Web site is great, lot of info to get you started and keep you going. Very beginner friendly and even gives tuning tips for maximum performance. Can't ask for better and it reflects on how much they care about customers needs.

To wrap up, get one. It may or may not be the best, that depends on you. It is a great truck that will put a smile on your face and that is what I am in it for. :bananahea
Old 02-17-2003, 05:22 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default Rate your TMaxx

its on my next projected budget hopefully it would be approved again like my first one
Old 02-18-2003, 04:37 AM
elbowcreek

Default Rate your TMaxx

Love the ease of not having to build it at least not when new
I've put Traxxas big bore shocks on and RPM shock towers stablemaxx wheels the heavy duty plastic axles and good blue seal bearings one way in trans. (forward only) OS 15CVRX engine and a MIP stinger pipe still using stock radio works just fine put on a Hitec 945 MG dual BB steering servo works awesome I bought it in July of 2001 and haven't had any problems except with the trx pro 15 engine is junk my OS runs circles around it and it runs on Monster HP 30% fuel and run the OS #8 glow plug and also an in-line fuel filter is a must and a K-N air filter, also9 have a servo guard on it
Old 02-18-2003, 07:21 AM
forcelite

Default Rate your TMaxx

its true that the k&n suchs WAY more air than stock, you really have to retune the engine cause of it (not bad just needed)
Old 02-22-2003, 02:05 PM
XR2PROBE
My Feedback: (2)

Default Rate your TMaxx

I BOUGHT A SOMEWHAT MODIFIED TMAXX ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO NOW IM THE PROUD OWNER OF A FULL ALUMINIUM MAX WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A FEW PLASTIC PIECES IN KEY LOCATIONS WHERE FLEX IS MORE IMPORTANT, SINCE THEN IVE AQUIRED 2 MORE AND AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING MY 4TH .......NEEDLESS TO SAY I LOVE EM, TRAXXAS DID THEIR HOMEWORK WHEN THEY DREAM'T THIS TRUCK AND BROUGHT IT TO REALITY, IT HAS A WORLD OF OPTIONS RANGING FROM THE MILD TO THE WICKED

AS FOR FUEL I RUN 20% WITH A SNAKE OIL ADDITIVE WHICH IS FOR BOTH ENGINE PROTECTION AS WELL AS IT BOOSTS THE PERCENTAGE OF NITRO BY ALMOST 5% ALL THE WHILE REDUCING THE HEAT BY 20% WITH AN AFTERMARKET HEAD THAT LOWERS THE HEAT RANG BY ANOTHER 35 % AND THAT EQUALS THE ABILITY TO LEAN IT OUT ALITTLE MORE FOR TOP END ACCELERATION ALL IN ALL ITS A GREAT TRUCK IF YOU HAVE A HANDLE ON WHAT YOU CAN AND WHAT CANT DO WITH IT
AND YES I USE A STOCK RADIO ON THE BEAST BUT I USE DIGITAL SERVOS, AND A THROTTLE KILL IF I SHOULD LOSE RADIO SIGNAL WITH IT

AS FOR THE PLUGS I USE .WELL I USE SEVERAL IT DEPENDS ON WHERE IM RUNNING IT AND WHAT THE TEMPERATURE IS OUTSIDE ....ANYTHING FROM A MCOY8-9 TO AN OS 3-5

I USE AN OS 15 WITH A HARDCORE HEAD

AND I CAN SUM UP WHY ID REFER SOMONE TO TRAXXAS AND WHETER OR NOT THEY ARE A GOOD COMPANY TO DEAL WITH IN ONE PARAGRAPH

HPI IS NEW TO OFF ROAD MOSTER TRUCKS,YES THEY HAVE THEIR CREDENTIALS HOW EVER THEY MAKE GREAT ON-ROAD CARS IM JUST NOT SOLD ON THEIR INCOMPLETE OFF ROAD KITS LIKE THE SAVAGE ..(PLEASE DONT GET ME WRONG IM NOT DISSIN THE SAVAGE) I JUST THINK THAT IF A TRUCK IS TO BE DESIGNED AS A RIG THAT CAN BENEFIT A REVERSE TRANSMISSION IT SHOULDNT BE AVAILIABLE ONLY AS AN AFTERMARKET UPGRADE IT SHOULD COME WITH THE KIT,AS FOR THE UPGRADES.......... I THINK ITS RATHER SHALLOW OF THE COMPANY TO USE TRAXXAS'S UPGRADES AS A WAY OF SELLING THEIR TRUCKS,MEANING IF I WANTED TO BUILD A TRUCK THAT WAS DIFFERENT THEN MY COMPETITION I WOULDNT USE MY COMPETITIONS UPGRADES AS A WAY OF MAKING A PROFIT ..............AND THAT TO ME SAYS THAT THERE IS A LACK OF INGENUITY ON HPI'S PART, OR RATHER A SHORT CUT FROM A TRUCK THAT WOULD AND PROBABLY COULD BE BETTER THEN THE TRAXXAS T-MAXX
Old 02-22-2003, 03:02 PM
gghost

Default Rate your TMaxx

1. What do you like about it?

2. How long have you owned it?

3. Is it stock?

4. What have you upgraded?

5. Which glow plug do you use in it?

6. Which fuel do you use? (please no arguments here)

7. Are you using the stock radio?

8. How many do you own?

9. Why do you recommend a TMaxx to other's?

10. Is Traxxas a good company to deal with?
1. Tuffness is top rate. Many awesome crashes and nothing broken except crack in body.
2. Got it early December.
3. Stock except for proline steering kit, MX3 radio, and Airtronics steering servo 200oz.
4. Same as above.
5. The standard Traxxas 3231 works best for me.
6. Wildcat 20% with 18% oil.
7. Changed to MX3 so I could get a free channel at the races.
8. 1 Maxx 1 Lightning Pro and lots of electrics.
9. Tuffness and especially the instructions that come with the kit if it is your first nitro.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:10 PM
GPmaxx

Default Rate your TMaxx

I have 3 t-maxxes . I enjoy all of them. 1 is bone stock, 1 has a four stroke OS on a stock chassis, and 1 has 2 OS .21's on an all metal hand made aluminum chassis that has accomplished a radar verified top speed ( just before crashing ) of 71 MPH on street tires w/inner tubes.

If interested, here is a place to see more pics of my "DOUBLE TROUBLE " T-Maxx.

GPmaxx
Old 02-23-2003, 06:27 PM
Dlock

Default Rate your TMaxx

Holy Crap, that thing is awesome!!!
Old 02-24-2003, 12:41 AM
bueno_z

Default Rate your TMaxx

Yes I love my SAVAGE It really is tough. I appologized to my neighbor the other day for running his T-Maxx over on the track, after I landed a hit.

Ooops! This is a forum for T-maxx! Sorry guys!
Old 02-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Spaceman Spiff

Default Rate your TMaxx

GP,

Now THAT is a T_MAXX!

Gotta get me one of those!