Old 03-28-2007, 02:21 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ? on the mgt

ORIGINAL: webdr

RETARD
Torrets?

Well I wasn't going to wade in but yours seem to be broke on most of your videos. Also it didn't manage to stay on its wheels through most of them either.
Well, then... let's start with the jumping one... that didn't break on the jump... it broke before the camera started rolling... not sure why... probably my weak driving skills (I had only had it for a few months) The RBTM323 video was due to me running straight-on into a tree... hitting the A-arm on a post... which would have snapped even RPM arms. The spur gear was due to my engine mount losing a couple of screws... all of which were my fault. SO... if you want to blame them on anything or anyone.. it was me.... not the truck. Total cost of damage for all the videos... $20. In the one where it doesn't stay on it's wheels... I had the suspension too tight... I've since loosened it... and it runs great now.

You forgot to mention that the Revo lasts 25 minutes for each tank, is faster than a Leer Jet, and makes you irresistible to women.

I'd keep going, but your e-pe-nis is so huge, there's no room for me in here anymore.
Actually... my Revo lasts about 8-10 minutes with the TM323... it's thirsty. It's not the fastest truck out there... but it will do 0-100' in 2.97 seconds.... and I'm married... so don't need to be irresistible to women... only my wife... and she would be the only one to know how big it *really* is. [X(]

Come to think of it, I was in Phoenix last week and noticed the city smelled really bad. Must of been B.S. spewing from MR Revos teenage mouth.
Interesting... since I don't live in Phoenix anymore... what you probably smelled was your upper lip.

C'mon boys... you can't defend your beloved trucks... so you resort to personal attacks?
Old 03-28-2007, 02:29 PM
jonnymac

Torrets?
You mean tourettes? as in syndrome?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:06 PM
duckedup

Nice catch there jonnymac, that's pretty funny .... (forgot the apostrophe though [:-]...)

btw...Happy MGT owner here
Old 03-28-2007, 06:24 PM
jonnymac

Ooops silly me. [:-]
I just dont see the merits of slagging a machine on durabilty on the strength of videos where his revo is broke in most.
Or bashing guys for what they run!
If someone has a machine they like then fair play to them. I will give advice I think relevant but I won't try and persuade them they own a POS.
The point is the MGT is a good truck, but if you don't like it then don't buy it! Its everyones own personal choice.
Also if you going to be cocky don't make yourself a target
Old 03-28-2007, 07:10 PM
duckedup

This was a pretty lopsided thread/argument here, I think you fellow MGTers have it pretty well covered...

but.. when it's all said and done, to each his own....

..and I can tell ya' I wouldn't trade either one of my MGT's for a Revo...ever ..Not that it's a bad truck, it's just not for me.....
Old 03-28-2007, 07:50 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: jonnymac

Torrets?
You mean tourettes? as in syndrome?
Yep. That's what I mean... I'll be darned... I'm not perfect...
These past few threads remind me of why I went on hiatus from this place. Too many people get personal when an opinion is shared about their beloved vehicle. I just wish that people could back up what they're saying... such as comments like... "The Revo is good at racing, but isn't at bashing" Where's the proof of that? I know many people who bash Revo's... and they hold up. I shared my opinion of the MGT. Granted... most of you are probably thinking the new 4.6se... I'm talking about the original. Not sure if there's much of a structural difference, however... Just like duckedup... I wouldn't trade my Revo for a MGT... not that it's a total POS... it's just not for me...
Old 03-29-2007, 04:20 AM
scottywilkes

ORIGINAL: RenegadeRevo

I think this horse has been beaten enough. I could pick apart both of your posts and argue points, but I don't think I need to. I've made my point... we'll let it lie. I'm still not sold on the MGT's "toughness" but... I don't know if I'll ever be. I'm not sure why everyone thinks it has to be one or the other... racing or bashing. The Revo makes for a great racer and a great basher. (Ask freez or airmaxx23... or me... or anyone else who bashes a Revo)

BTW - that video was too short... with a bad break at the end. It would be nice to see a video where it bashes hard and DOESN'T break... of course... more than 45 seconds of bashing, too. LOL

In the end... all trucks break... it's just how quickly... and how much it takes to break 'em.... that makes the difference.

was this directed at me? If so enlighten me about how u can pick apart it. I didnt mouth any of them, i like the revo, just not the elecs or engines, i actually agreed with u within half of my post so please pick apart my post
Old 03-29-2007, 09:20 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: scottywilkes

I think this horse has been beaten enough. I could pick apart both of your posts and argue points, but I don't think I need to. I've made my point... we'll let it lie. I'm still not sold on the MGT's "toughness" but... I don't know if I'll ever be. I'm not sure why everyone thinks it has to be one or the other... racing or bashing. The Revo makes for a great racer and a great basher. (Ask freez or airmaxx23... or me... or anyone else who bashes a Revo)

BTW - that video was too short... with a bad break at the end. It would be nice to see a video where it bashes hard and DOESN'T break... of course... more than 45 seconds of bashing, too. LOL

In the end... all trucks break... it's just how quickly... and how much it takes to break 'em.... that makes the difference.

was this directed at me? If so enlighten me about how u can pick apart it. I didnt mouth any of them, i like the revo, just not the elecs or engines, i actually agreed with u within half of my post so please pick apart my post
Nah, not so much... the only part I partially disagree with is that the Revo is built on a "racing platform" and the MGT is on a "bashing platform" .... but you redeemed yourself when you said that the Revo could bash... and you explained why you think that way. I can see your side of it... because it was built with racing in mind. The F-1 inspired suspension... the light alumnium chassis... etc. It just annoys me when someone says the Revo can't bash... 'cause it can.... and it does a very good job.

I also agree that parts break... especially with poor landings... or hitting something at 20+mph.

I was mostly talking about Mr. Easy to SPAM. @msn.com
Old 03-29-2007, 11:01 AM
[email protected]

My email filters that crap out. but what your saying is that the revo is better then the mgt and savage x at bashing and I don't think it is. The guys down at the hobby shop also say the same thing that the better bashing trucks are the mgt and savage. I never once said it's crap, just the not best choice for a all out basher. You also seem very one sided about your revo and don't give anyother truck any credit.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:40 AM
ahfu25

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

You also seem very one sided about your revo and don't give anyother truck any credit.
I think thats why his name has 'renegade' in it. All I get from this thread is a guy who loves his revo getting jumped by MGT lovers. I seen the MGT in action and I also seen the revo in action and love it too BUT, I just got a MGT and cant wait to get it going!
Attached Images    
Old 03-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Evader ---> MGT

He is right. Most of us have given the REVO some credit for bashing, and I have given it lots, but you are not letting up on saying that the REVO IS the BEST BASHER ANDDDDD RACER. You haven't give crap to any of the other trucks, that is what is making us mad. I do very little to my MGT after messing backflips constantly. Lost one bearing in the tranny and lost a glow plug. It's not a bad basher and you haven't givin it any credit, and the .21 and SE models have nothing different except the cvd's, which the .21's happen to be tougher, and the engine. The MGT is based on a bashing platform since the chassis on both models happens to be a brick of aluminum. Pretty basher friendly if you ask me.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:33 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: Evader ---> MGT

He is right. Most of us have given the REVO some credit for bashing, and I have given it lots, but you are not letting up on saying that the REVO IS the BEST BASHER ANDDDDD RACER. You haven't give crap to any of the other trucks, that is what is making us mad. I do very little to my MGT after messing backflips constantly. Lost one bearing in the tranny and lost a glow plug. It's not a bad basher and you haven't givin it any credit, and the .21 and SE models have nothing different except the cvd's, which the .21's happen to be tougher, and the engine. The MGT is based on a bashing platform since the chassis on both models happens to be a brick of aluminum. Pretty basher friendly if you ask me.
Actually, the whole point of most of my threads is that there wasn't credit to the Revo for bashing... everyone that doesn't have a Revo says a Revo is good for racing only but can't bash... those who have a Revo know the truth. I never said the Revo was the BEST BASHER AND RACER... I simply stated that I would definitely pit it up against any truck... without hesitation. I have bashed with a Savage X and a MGT... and others... and my Revo seems to stay together better than any of them. My experience leads to my opinion... There's a reason I like the Revo so much... because it treats me very well. Your experience leads you to your opinion that the MGT is the best truck in the world... that's fine... he asked for opinions... all I did was share my opinion, then you MGT'ers got all huffy about me saying that I would put my Revo against your MGT anyday.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:41 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: ahfu25
I get from this thread is a guy who loves his revo getting jumped by MGT lovers. I seen the MGT in action and I also seen the revo in action and love it too BUT, I just got a MGT and cant wait to get it going!
That's exactly what happened. I shared my experience with the MGT... although it was contrary to the fanboys'... and I get jumped... they throw words in my posts that aren't there... and keep attacking me. I'm waiting for the personal attacks next... oh... wait... that's already happened.

Glad to hear you got an MGT... enjoy it...

"Renegades are the people with their own philosophies... everyday people like you and me that change the course of history... "
Old 03-30-2007, 02:20 AM
Alteramod

Renegade..... dont think I meant the revo cant bash because I never said it cant. I only stated that it was more of a racing truck than a basher. I dont really recall anyone saying it cant bash? Not trying to be rude but if thats what you thought I meant by it then you had it all wrong from the start. I only wanted to inform him with what the company's had in mind when they made the truck. MGT and savage .... pretty much every time basher and not so much racer. REVO pretty much everyday racer and a sunday basher. Not saying it cant bash but wasnt built around that purpose like the other two where. Traxxas had in mind of coming out with a monster truck that could own the mt class at any track stock and thats what they came out with.... a revo. Associated and hpi made their trucks for the people who dont race and just mess around with em and try to do anything they think of with it lol.

Haha have any of you taken out your rear drive shaft and poured bleach on main road and smoked the tires. I managed this two days ago. Smoke got pretty thick.... I'll get someone to take a picture so you all can see.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:27 AM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: ahfu25
I get from this thread is a guy who loves his revo getting jumped by MGT lovers. I seen the MGT in action and I also seen the revo in action and love it too BUT, I just got a MGT and cant wait to get it going!
That's exactly what happened. I shared my experience with the MGT... although it was contrary to the fanboys'... and I get jumped... they throw words in my posts that aren't there... and keep attacking me. I'm waiting for the personal attacks next... oh... wait... that's already happened.

Glad to hear you got an MGT... enjoy it...

"Renegades are the people with their own philosophies... everyday people like you and me that change the course of history... "
..and you are exactly that, a Revo fanboy!....

Your experience leads you to your opinion that the MGT is the best truck in the world.
Where exactly did Evader--->MGT say that the MGT was the 'best' truck in the world??? You are the one that seems to think your Revo is the almighty everything... gawd you are annoying....

Who gives a **** anyway, everyone has there own ideas.... time to let it go, ya' think..?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:51 AM
scottywilkes

leave it to rest guys lol, each truck is matched in the bashing factor, if u cant drive good, then the truck is gonna break countless times, u will be hitting solid objects, WOT it in the air and landing bad etc, videos dont show anytrhing about how tough a truck is, because some people are good at driving, and there truck dosnt break, others are really bad at driving and they break, go on youtube, watch vids of all trucks, i promise you, you will see vids of a savage taking the biggest jumps and not flinching, look at another one and the savage will go of a little jump and smash into lots of pieces lol. Same with all other trucks, the strength depends on the person driving and the person tuning the truck. Ive seen revos breaking, runnin like crap, ive also seen them hammering and taking huge jumps and staying in tact, same for the MGT, savage, LST, tmaxx(that 1 mostly breaks lol) But ye, i think u all get my point by now
Old 03-30-2007, 06:04 AM
webdr

you, my willful little friend, are no renegade of society. I dare say Zach DelaRocha was referring to a guy with a radio controlled car when he wrote "renegades of funk" Jeez

P.S. If your going to quote rage, make sure you quote them correctally, you got the last park backwards. Wah Wah Waaaaaaaaaa.....
Old 03-30-2007, 11:08 AM
bennytheblade

Troll
Old 03-30-2007, 12:31 PM
webdr

Me? A troll? Ive got 7 posts in this thread
Old 03-30-2007, 04:10 PM
duckedup

Definition of a "Troll"

troll:

One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

Volourn
I got a kick outa' this, especially considering this thread...fits perfectly! lol

more on this can be found [link=http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll]here[/link]
Old 03-31-2007, 12:55 AM
RenegadeRevo

I wonder how long they'll keep this thread alive... I remember in the Traxxas forum... when the Savage guys jumped all over the Revo guys... that lasted a year... LOL...
Old 04-01-2007, 12:34 AM
bennytheblade

Old 04-02-2007, 05:35 PM
hkmp5s

The mgt is the best truck ever made. The revo is junk. I have a buddy who knows a guy that has a sister that has a revo and it's not a good basher. I ran my mgt in too a tree at full speed and it knocked the tree down, Didn't even scratch my mgt.[sm=punching.gif]
Old 04-02-2007, 09:52 PM
ahfu25

the mgt is better than the revo and the gst 7.7 KICKS THE REVO'S ASS.................this should keep things going
Old 04-03-2007, 04:50 AM
hkmp5s

You know why the savage vs. revo thread lasted so long? Because savages and revos break all the time so they have plenty of time to play on the computer while they wait on there mommies to take them to the hobbie shop.[sm=biggrin.gif]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.