RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

? on the mgt

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 04:36 PM
duckedup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ? on the mgt

[sm=omg_smile.gif]

sorry about that, I turned into an ass there for a minute, I'm over it now...
Old 04-07-2007, 04:40 PM
ahfu25

My mgt is new, just a week old I went out bashing, I broke some parts stated my opinion and Im getting jumped for it. you guys are really sensitive, i see why that revo guy kept replying to your posts. These forums are great I love rc universe I got alot of help from the 1/10 scale section when i got my rs4 and also from here but never have I ran into a bunch of sensitive *****s like the ones on here.
ORIGINAL: Evader ---> MGT

Dude, then you treat your stuff like CRAP! I haven't ever broken that much stuff with well over 10 ft jumps landing on flats then cartwheeling a few times. I"ve only broken 2 body posts and the front bumper by hitting a tree at WOT. It's not broken, just cracked and it's still on the truck. Also, the flag isn't for bashing, it's for when your truck is gonna sit on your shelf for a few weeks.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:51 PM
duckedup

Everybody has their moments...
Old 04-07-2007, 05:22 PM
NewfieNitro

Wow I just read this whole thread and it was a laugh but I think it has definatly gotten out of hand. Is there really anyway to tell which truck is tougher? There are so many things that could make a truck break. You cant say a certain truck is not as good a basher because you were bashing with a guy who has one and it broke before yours. If a truck has a particular problem or a part that breaks alot then you could say its not tough. But how could anyone take two trucks that are proven to hold up well and say one is tougher than the other. One day your truck could hold up till the sun goes down but the next day just because of pure luck you could land badly or strip something exc. Im not sure if everyone will understand what im saying here but hopefully I got my point across. Basically bashing is not an exact science like racing. Things break when they do.

Hopefully I wont regret getting into this
Old 04-07-2007, 05:39 PM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: NewfieNitro

Wow I just read this whole thread and it was a laugh but I think it has definatly gotten out of hand. Is there really anyway to tell which truck is tougher? There are so many things that could make a truck break. You cant say a certain truck is not as good a basher because you were bashing with a guy who has one and it broke before yours. If a truck has a particular problem or a part that breaks alot then you could say its not tough. But how could anyone take two trucks that are proven to hold up well and say one is tougher than the other. One day your truck could hold up till the sun goes down but the next day just because of pure luck you could land badly or strip something exc. Im not sure if everyone will understand what im saying here but hopefully I got my point across. Basically bashing is not an exact science like racing. Things break when they do.

Hopefully I wont regret getting into this
(pssst.... we MGTers need to practice being more one sided like the 'other brand' owners )

Old 04-07-2007, 05:44 PM
NewfieNitro

(pssst.... we MGTers need to practice being more one sided like the 'other brand' owners )

LOL man thats funny but its kinda true from what I have read here...not pointing any fingers at the revo owners tho [sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 04-07-2007, 06:54 PM
scottywilkes

ok heres a vid of my MGT the first week i had it, we had a get together at the BMX track. This is totally stock, and still tuning it, ie why its sluggish. But as u can see it took a good beating and nothin broke. Thats only about half the destruction the MGT took lol. Mines the orange MGT, still stock, not saying your a bad driver, just saying i had a great experience on my first real bash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA6_NT0S5l4
Old 04-07-2007, 07:28 PM
[email protected]

I broke my front bumper and my flag the first day, I think it cost me $7.50 to fix. the curb is a lot stronger then the mgt. I was just starting to break in the truck and I looked away for a second and boom!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:30 PM
scottywilkes

that is what kinda happened to me, breaking it in, lost sight on it from a car and i heard crakc lol, tried to drive it to me but the lower right front a arm had collapsed lol, 3/4 throttle into the curb left me with a broken truck[] i felt so sad LOL. Was a bloody hard hit to, i was amaized that just the lower a arm broke
Old 04-08-2007, 10:03 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ahfu25

My mgt is new, just a week old I went out bashing, I broke some parts stated my opinion and Im getting jumped for it. you guys are really sensitive, i see why that revo guy kept replying to your posts. These forums are great I love rc universe I got alot of help from the 1/10 scale section when i got my rs4 and also from here but never have I ran into a bunch of sensitive *****s like the ones on here.

Dude, then you treat your stuff like CRAP! I haven't ever broken that much stuff with well over 10 ft jumps landing on flats then cartwheeling a few times. I"ve only broken 2 body posts and the front bumper by hitting a tree at WOT. It's not broken, just cracked and it's still on the truck. Also, the flag isn't for bashing, it's for when your truck is gonna sit on your shelf for a few weeks.
Welcome to my world... you can't share anything that doesn't make the MGT look like a knight in shining armor around these people... they jump on your back for sharing opinions... LOL

LOL man thats funny but its kinda true from what I have read here...not pointing any fingers at the revo owners tho
I believe this whole thread is about the MGT owners jumping down my back because I don't think the MGT is the best thing since sliced bread... it's a good thing you're not pointing fingers, 'cause you'd have to point to more than just me... keep in mind.... I'm not brand loyal... I just like my Revo and have had GREAT experiences with it.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Alteramod

There was only one or two people who made it to sound like the mgt was like sliced bread. I myself only tried sharing the info on what each one probably has over the other vehicles. Like the revo being the champ at the track and the mgt being the slight under dog. The mgt along with a few other being the champs at bashing and the revo being the slight under dog. Please dont allow a couple peoples posts make all mgt owners sound like a bunch of *****s.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:36 AM
duckedup

It's usually a situation where- "my brothers best friend has this sister who has a boyfriend that has a son that owns MGT blah blah blah... and it sucks and breaks all the time".....

So... we MGTers are here to make sure the whole truth gets out

We never said that the MGT was the the best thing since sliced bread, or that anyone was required to think that way...'cause it's not, just a damn good/solid truck that can take a beating - stock. It does have a few areas that need to be addressed, just like every other truck on the market... nobody here said it didn't.

About being a *****... I honestly can't think of more than a few times where I've got out of line and turned into a ***** in the time I've been a member here - I was out of line in this case (with ahfu25), I already admitted to that.... A few pet peeves of mine are: lying, exaggerating (lying), twisting/changing words around (more lying), blatantly obvious BSing (even more lying..) and arrogance.... This was just a case of me jumping to a conclusion and being in a bad mood at the same time... my bad.

Oh... another pet peeve of mine is: double standards (eg: fanboys call other people fanboys)...

I'm over it now..

Sorry again about being a ***** ahfu25....
Old 04-09-2007, 03:14 AM
[email protected]

The one thing that gets me is the price of the mgt and that of the other trucks. My mgt cost $369 shiped to my door the revo is around $500, LST2 $650, GST $589 and so on. when you look at what you get for the price it is a great truck. I was told by some people in this forum not to buy a cheap truck, I'm glad I did. My hole point is it's a very good truck for the price and few other trucks can match it.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:38 AM
hkmp5s

Ok I'll say it. THE MGT IS THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD!!!!
How do you like them apples revoboy.[>:]
Old 04-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Alteramod

I was not trying to point fingers at anyone when I said please dont think we are all a bunch of *****s. I was only saying that cause thats the impression he had got over this thread. I know I have had my moments to. Heck If I havent been since 2002 then I must be a saint and I know thats not the case
Old 04-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Evader ---> MGT

ORIGINAL: ahfu25

Yeah, I was just suprised the rear bumper broke... I've never seen or heard of it. I wasn't trying to make you mad. Sorry if it offended you.[]

But seriously, was it from a landing???
Old 04-09-2007, 08:21 PM
ahfu25

yeah. it did like 4 cartwheels but anyways I overeacted a little myself , like i said b4 i love the truck i was whipping my boys ass (he had a savage) on that dirt field, i was having a blast b4 the lil tumble. I didnt get the aluminum steering kit but I got some rpm knuckles, crowd pleaser body , some road rage tires 40 series and pro-line velocity wheels. since the arms and knuckles are blue imma paint the body blue and white. hey can anyone gimme a link to a wing kit for the mgt
Old 04-09-2007, 09:48 PM
scottywilkes

new era make it mate, but really the easiest and cheapest way is to make some alloy plates your self and use the stock shock tower, its simple and easy, plus its strong, and in the event that u do break a shock tower, u dont have to fork out the 30 or so bucks to replace the alloy one that works with the wing
Old 04-09-2007, 09:50 PM
ahfu25

is there a template i can use to make one......... where do I start?!!
ORIGINAL: scottywilkes

new era make it mate, but really the easiest and cheapest way is to make some alloy plates your self and use the stock shock tower, its simple and easy, plus its strong, and in the event that u do break a shock tower, u dont have to fork out the 30 or so bucks to replace the alloy one that works with the wing
Old 04-09-2007, 09:53 PM
scottywilkes

give me your email mate, il send u the template, a dude called teck sent it to me from m****rum. My PM dosnt work so send your email to scottywilkes(at)hotmail(dot)com just type it like a normal email, i dont feel like getting spam from spam bots so i did it like thta lol