Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

mgt or savage x ss kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Snaut Rocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mgt or savage x ss kit

mgt or savage x ss kit. i narrowed it down to these 2. i just need to know wich one is tougher and wich one has more problems. As of gears or engine or parts breaking
Old 03-28-2007, 05:58 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: mgt or savage x ss kit

Have you thought about the GST 7.7?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:01 PM
jonnymac

The SS will be slightly tougher. It is also more expensive and doesn't have reverse.
I would have the savage but money would not let me. For the extra money i'll upgrade my MGT and it will be tougher than the sav.
It will just come down to money and whether you need reverse. (you can get a reverse module for the savage at extra cost)
I think both are very good, with the MGT having the edge on value for money
Old 03-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Snaut Rocket

yes i have thought of the gst but to much money
Old 03-28-2007, 06:47 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

both are good trucks ..but like just jony said depends if u have the budget for a radio,engine and servos ..youll spend more with the sav ss if u dont have these..if u go with mgt u just need batts and nitro and youre all set..
Old 03-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Savage is really expensive, but really tough. But so is the MGT and it comes with the same stuff, unless you spend extra for better parts. (radio, etc.)

Savage XSS - Metal tranny, .28 engine, Steel spur, Alloy diff cups, bendable TVP chassis, dual disk brakes
MGT - Metal tranny w/ Reverse (I got rid of it), .28 engine, Plastic spur, Plastic diff cups, 2x4 of aluminum chassis (sorry scotty) that's impenatrable, a freakin giant brake

I looked at this really and compared coming out with the fact that both trucks have great stuff in different areas. I got the MGT because of it's open layout and lower price, but if you have money for an SS, get it, especially with a good radio. I think the SS has a little more stuff, but for an extra couple hundred bucks, I decided it wasn't worth it.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:36 PM
[]TEX[]

Savage Kit

Comes with many upgrades and hardened steel parts and gears. Every gear is metal.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_51...tm.htm#5161333
Old 03-29-2007, 12:28 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

jonnymac has a good point - though I have an X SS and am a Savage fan first and foremost, the X SS with good radio and servos IS a lot more expensive. 'Course, you get a LOT better stuff(radio, servos, tuning parts on the Sav, plus the principle and fun of building it yourself - don't forget that.. A lot of people always emphasize that building it yourself is important for learning how it all goes together, etc.., which is true.. But it's also just fun..) MGT for me also has a plus point for size - it's BIG..

Hate to admit it, but you could probably buy(at least based on German prices) an MGT(MTA4), throw away the electronics and buy whatever you'd buy anyway for the XSS, PLUS RPM arms for the MGT, and still be cheaper than the X SS.... IF however the MGT and X SS with same electronics would cost the same, I'd take the Sav.. With the X SS kit you've got a REALLY awesome truck right from the get-go..
Old 03-29-2007, 12:43 AM
[email protected]

the savage ss is a better truck but like people are saying it cost a lot more. I have the MGT and will get my savage x buy next week. Not the ss just the x. I think this is more of how much you have to spend. I will say that the MGT is a great truck and is a lot of fun. you can't go wrong with either truck. think of the mgt as the wii and the savage as the xbox 360. the 360 is better but the wii is fun and cheap.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:09 AM
ferrariowner123

Savage is really expensive, but really tough. But so is the MGT and it comes with the same stuff, unless you spend extra for better parts. (radio, etc.)

Savage XSS - Metal tranny, .28 engine, Steel spur, Alloy diff cups, bendable TVP chassis, dual disk brakes
MGT - Metal tranny w/ Reverse (I got rid of it), .28 engine, Plastic spur, Plastic diff cups, 2x4 of aluminum chassis (sorry scotty) that's impenatrable, a freakin giant brake

I looked at this really and compared coming out with the fact that both trucks have great stuff in different areas. I got the MGT because of it's open layout and lower price, but if you have money for an SS, get it, especially with a good radio. I think the SS has a little more stuff, but for an extra couple hundred bucks, I decided it wasn't worth it.
he's pretty convincing isn't he? He's the one who talked me out of getting a savage and getting a MGT instead. HE basic sumed it up for you right there any way, and i thought that you had already decided to get the MGT because of all the people that got one in the evader thread atleast thats what you said in that thread. Oh and the chasis is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and impenaturable
Old 03-29-2007, 05:43 AM
scottywilkes

hehe i stole my saying evader-MGT LOL, i can only say a 2x4 chassis LOL HAHA