Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

installing a new aluminum pipe and intake?help

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

installing a new aluminum pipe and intake?help

Old 02-18-2003, 07:40 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing a new aluminum pipe and intake?help

i am installing a new pipe and intake on my terra crusher i want to know if do you need to break it in again or just install and run it. what will i do?
Old 02-18-2003, 07:48 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since the break-in process is done to properly mate the piston and sleeve, it can only be done once.

When people go through a re-break-in or mini-break-in after making a change (different fuel, exhaust, or air filter setup), all they are really doing is richening the engine just in case the change causes the engine to run hotter.

Whenever you change something like an exhaust or fuel (manufacturer or nitro content), you should monitor your engine temperatures to make sure it doesn't get too warm.

I'd recommend richening the high end needle and monitor your engine temps. After about a minute of running (engine should be at it's operating temperature), start leaning in your high end needle setting for both temperature and performance.

Please note, when changing tuned pipes, you may need to adjust your low end needle also.

Good luck
Old 02-18-2003, 08:06 PM
badboy2

when u say high end needle is that the needle that u set clckwise for lean and counterclockwise for richening?what about the low end needle which on is that ?is that the tiny screw under the intake?sorry for the bother thanks for helping
Old 02-18-2003, 09:05 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, turn the high speed counterclockwise to richen it (you shouldn't have to richen it more than a quarter turn).

Actually, the engine that comes with the terra crusher does not have an adjustable low speed needle.

The small screw you are referring to is the idle set screw. It is used to set the engine rpm at idle (it's a positive stop that prevents the carb from closing beyond a set point).

For additional tuning information, here's what tamiya has to say:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rc/...01/tuning.html
Old 02-18-2003, 10:31 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

i8tweety....Good job with supplying the excellent link! It looks like they provide some easy and helpful information about tuning the carb.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:05 AM
badboy2

thanks i8tweety cmo..till next questions.hope you wont get tired answering my stupid questions.thanks a lot
Old 02-19-2003, 08:22 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Originally posted by badboy2
thanks i8tweety cmo..till next questions.hope you wont get tired answering my stupid questions.thanks a lot

Your welcome badboy2.

There are no stupid questions. If we don't ask...how can we learn? That's the beauty of these Forums....it's really helpful coming here and being able to get answers to our questions.....ALL OF THEM!