Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

best monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 10:17 AM
anarchy 101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best monster truck

ok i have a traxxas sport but i want more power and more stunt action and 4wd so which one t maxx 3.3 revo 2.5 or savage x?
Old 04-07-2007, 10:33 AM
bb942

Default RE: best monster truck

Savage X SS!! i have the savage X and love it. the savage X SS is even better
Old 04-07-2007, 10:36 AM
DaveG55

Let's see, you've asked this in both the Traxxas fourm and the HPI fourm...
Let me guess who's going to say what...

The HPI guys are going to say Savage and the Traxxas guys will say both but the Revo will probably edge out the Maxx.

They're all three fine trucks.
Just go look and decide what you like.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:45 AM
anarchy 101

ok yea i just wanted to get both sides of the streets you know? but which truck is best for offroad and start ups and less break downs?
Old 04-07-2007, 10:49 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: anarchy 101

ok yea i just wanted to get both sides of the streets you know? but which truck is best for offroad and start ups and less break downs?

Same answer as above
Old 04-07-2007, 11:02 AM
anarchy 101

alot of help i'm kind of lost i only have $400 dollars maybe $450 in a month so can someone help? please
Old 04-07-2007, 11:06 AM
jombo

get the lst2
Old 04-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Jon Easley

This is only my oppinion, I have the savage x It is a great turck My neighbors both have the tmaxx 2.5 also good turcks It will all depend on the creature comforts you want if you dont mind carrying around a glowplug starter and a roto start then get a savage x if you want the convinence of the all in one starting system then get the revo or tmaxx, the one thing you will have to remember both turcks will break at some point,if the the manufactures made them not to break they and all of the aftermarket makers of the parts would not make any money!!!!!!. Is one stronger than the other I guess that would depend on the driver and what you are doing with it. would I jump a tmaxx off a 15' jump maybe once just to see if it could my savage x you bet all day long but eventually it will break, what part who knows it will depend if I can stick the landing every time of not then something will break. the point is every tuck out their no matter the manufacture will break at some time wich one will last longer like i said it will always depend on the driver and what you do with it.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:33 AM
DaveG55

The point is that even after everybody answers your question it's going to come down to what YOU like. I guarantee that there will be people passionate about all three trucks both good and bad. There are people who have HPI stuff that have had nothing but good experences and those that have had nothing but bad. The same thing goes for Traxxas, Losi, Duratrax, etc, etc, etc. And asking as you have all you will get is biased answers. I've got all three of the truck you're asking about and I say again.
Just go look and decide what YOU like.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:59 PM
savage haley 14

DO NOT get a maxx they are the weakest trucks ever built if you go over a bump to fast it'll break
Old 04-08-2007, 12:29 AM
benzzyo5

i'v seen the 3.3 in action, it's pretty cool , i don't like the desighn at all. there darn fast but threre just weak. if they had a better desighn then they wouldn't be half as bad. i would just get a savage
Old 04-08-2007, 12:44 AM
ttoks

it's always a biassed anser, when you asked in the traxxas forum they all said hpis are junk, the hpi guys are saying traxxas is junk, theyre both good trucks, so are the lst and lst2, i'm not sure but i think the savage x ss is cheaper coz it doesnt come with servos and is in kit form, the others are all rtr.

no matter what you go you will have a great truck, so just go what you can afford really

also it just grinds my bones when i hear people saying they'v SEEN another truck and then talk down about it, please people is it hard to only comment on truck YOU have owned? no matter what you have it will break, thats a fact
Old 04-08-2007, 12:56 AM
regg151

Bottom line it all depends on what you want to do with it if you want to bash hardcore then the savage is the truck for you. If you more interested in racing then go for a revo 3.3 if you just want something to putter around in the back yard then get a Tmaxx. Seriously it's all a matter of personal preference and don't judge them on how fast they claim to go some do some don't go as fast as they claim all depends on the tuning and what fuel your using. Also what parts are easily available at your LHS.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:21 AM
benzzyo5

ORIGINAL: ttoks

also it just grinds my bones when i hear people saying they'v SEEN another truck and then talk down about it, please people is it hard to only comment on truck YOU have owned? no matter what you have it will break, thats a fact

are you short yet...lol. i'v drove it also not just sen it
Old 04-08-2007, 10:23 AM
[email protected]

I just got the savage X and it's cool I like it, a little hard to work on, radio box is a PITA still on break in. I also have the MGT and that is a good truck to, a little bigger then the savage and a lot easyer to work on. both are very good and cheap bashers. If you get the savage you need a 7.2 pack for the roto start and a hump pack is a good thing to have. savage has a ton of upgrades out there, I might do rev with the 3spd trans. The MGT is very under rated and over looked.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:44 AM
CTDave
My Feedback: (1)

I have 3 MGT's and like them very much.I have seen it both ways my future son-in-law has a t and he works on it more than I do but I break down too.It all goes to what was said up top look around and if you can test out each of your choices and get the one you like,after all you are the one that has to drive it,work on it,and live with it.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:05 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GST 7.7 or LST2
Old 04-08-2007, 01:09 PM
[email protected]

JUCD VPR good luck with your new LST2, have you had the FG out yet?
Old 04-08-2007, 02:03 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yah just took it out a few hours ago, only for about 10 minutes though because it's nightime here. It was a blast, the FG is just nuts lol. It's freakin fast too lol thats is when it isn't spining the tires. Tomorrow i'm installing the DDM pipe!
Old 04-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Sal911

HPI Savage x or the 21
ide also say HPI MT2
Old 04-08-2007, 10:09 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

+1 for Revo.