Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Savage carburator settings just an FYI

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage carburator settings just an FYI

Old 02-18-2003, 10:00 PM
mkinla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage carburator settings just an FYI

I've run amost a gallon of fuel thru my Savage, but I was noticing it was running hot.

I reset the settings to factory settings, what a problem.

It started sputtering and ran HOT like 300 Degrees.

I started richening it up High end is about 3 1/2 turns and the low end is about 3 1/2 also and the car is screaming, not to mention it's running about 270.

I drive the truck real hard so I'm glad about that.

Here's some FYI for you.

1. Stock stearing servo, has plastic gears. Not good, it's broke now. Replaced them with a Cirrus Hi-Torgue 60 for $21 bucks works great and there about $40 bucks less than the Hi-Tec ones. I would have liked to have put in the 80 because it will literally turn the wheels at a stand still, but the damn thing was to deap so it wouldn't fit.

2. The throttle servo. Get it PERFECTLY center, did that and the response is great, but the best part the brakes are absolutly insane....

3. If you buy a temperature meter, make sure you test in in some boiling water to see what it reads. Water boils at about 212 degrees depending on your altitude. Did that and mine read 199 so it was off by 13 degrees.

4. This is important find a LHS that's good and has at least one guy that's helpful and knows what he's talking about. It saved me ton's on money and headaches.

5. New air cleaner $20 bucks I got the Motor Saver one, it's a huge three stage filter that works awesome, it says it doesn't fit the Savage, but thats what zip ties are for.

Hope that helps, I'll post new findings as I go.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:02 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

No, sorry thats your water boiling at 199 degrees..
Boiling temp changes according to altitude.
Your engine is still running at the temperature indicated
-ram
Old 02-18-2003, 11:11 PM
mkinla

What? Not to sound like a jerk, I live in Los Angeles and the laws of physics don't change, water boils at 212 degrees, and those temp gauges are not perfect, and they have a variance.

Have you tested yours?

Mark
Old 08-25-2003, 01:00 PM
Aterlatus

Actually, in this case the laws of physics do change.

The boiling point of water varies depending on atmospheric pressure, humidity and the purity of the water. Probably a few other factors too

Why do you think they throw salt on icy roads? The salt dissolves in the water (ice) and lowers the melting point (impurities also raise the boiling point) so the ice melts...
Old 08-25-2003, 01:27 PM
Legendary

Default Here is a a link!

This should help get the right temp!

http://www.biggreenegg.com/boilingPoint.htm