RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Air Filters

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 06:37 AM
CTDave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Filters

I was reading in xtreme rc cars that there is a filter company puttin out filters for us they look like the d&n filters (I use them in my car and love them) so maybe they will work for us.The company is called DNA they aren't here in the US yet but they are in Australia and other countries.Has anyone tried them or know more about them?
Old 04-08-2007, 08:36 AM
scottywilkes

Default RE: Air Filters

do u mean K&N? If so stay clean from them for RC purposes, they let alot more dirt in than keepin it out. Stick to the tried and trued foam filters, they work alot better than the paper K&N rip offs
Old 04-08-2007, 10:26 AM
CTDave

Makes since to me and no they are called DNA,they look like the K&N.Thanx.I am actually thinking of going back to stock in my Malibu on account they say better gas mileage with the K&N but I have not seen it since putting it on,more power and smoother running engine but mileage is suffering and at 3.25 and climbing I rather have the miles.lol
Old 04-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Bria1

Yeah, increased mileage is a joke on those. If they are allowing more air into the engine, the computer has to add more fuel to get the correct air/fuel ratio, so there goes the gas mileage.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:33 AM
CTDave

Yup back to stock,I have a nice new high mileage high performance purolator in it goes.I have the limited editon 98 Malibu with the ground effects wing and nice computer chip and gold letters and all the options but the leather which I didn't want anyway so the power is up there anyway,so we will stick with the stock.