Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Can an OFNA Dual 550 series Starter box start a high compression .21 Rossi?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Can an OFNA Dual 550 series Starter box start a high compression .21 Rossi?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 08:08 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can an OFNA Dual 550 series Starter box start a high compression .21 Rossi?

Just wondering if the OFNA starter box "Universal" will work or if I need to get something else

I have a Mugen Works with a Rossi Black magic.. The engine is TIGHT AS HELL! Just wondering if this thing is going tro have the muscle to start it
Thanks
ram
Old 02-19-2003, 08:34 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Can an OFNA Dual 550 series Starter box start a high compression .21 Rossi?

Yes...and maybe.

The dual 550 motors work well for some guys.....who know how to start different engines on that particular box.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's a great starter box! Information I have read is that if your going to start the 1/8....21 engines....a 12 volt high torque motor is a good setup.

Now...as I finish typing this....I'm sure another person who has a dual 550 motor starter box will give you excellent feedback about how good he can start his 21 engine on his. I think it can become another.....Ford versus Chevy topic.....but don't sell it short or put it in the closet just yet. Wait and see what others say about theirs. I think it'll work for you.

One thing...as mentioned already....with that tight engine....loosen the glow plug 1/8 to 1/4 turn before you try cranking it over to help release some of the compression or chances are you'll not get it started before draining your starter battery.

My $.02 worth.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:15 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Nah thats more that $20 worth.. Gotcha thanks!

I tried turning it over with a few cheap batteries.. like 5 volts.. had power but dont know.. hopefully its better with 12v of juice flowing thru it
Thanks
ram