Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

STS .30

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 04:37 AM
CarFreak92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS .30

I was wondering if this engine would be any good for either a MGT or a LST2. Is it a good engine and will it keep a tune.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:20 AM
jonnymac

Default RE: STS .30

As far as I'm aware its a good engine with a tricky carb.
So yes and no. I'm watching the debate myself as I will soon be looking for a new engine.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:03 AM
jombo

Default RE: STS .30

the sts 30 is a good motor the only thing is you need to put alot of time before this motor performs. i have almost a 3/4 of a gallon in it and it still runs rich and alot of oil comming out, but it seems to get stronger after every tank.do not get the temps over 240 with this motor or you will ruin it during breakin. if your temps seem to go over 260 you need to shut it down or it will be toast, it means either you have a air leak or the needles on the lsn is lean or both needles are lean. this is not a typical motor that you can run after a few tanks it needs along breakin, if you dont the motor will run at 300 where it wants to and its done after a few runs. a couple of times i had some close calls at temps at 270 but it dosent look its damaged and just a few golden spots on the piston.when i finish the gallon i will put my findings on the hpi site where the sts 30 post is. if you do buy this engine take your time and take it easy as the rewards will amaze you.so far what i am seeing it wants to flip it on its lid at 1/2 throttle, now thats encouraging. now for som picks from this morning, i going to have me some fun
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24869.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	661856