Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

what truck/ truggy should i buy? heeellllppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

what truck/ truggy should i buy? heeellllppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Old 04-19-2007, 04:05 PM
needles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what truck/ truggy should i buy? heeellllppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

HI i am interested in starting out in the rc hobbie and would like to purchase a truck or truggy price limit is 600 dollars for everything i need! i was looking into a tamiya tnx 5.2r, a revo 3.3, or a mamoth st, or a jato, i would be takeing it off large jumps up to 10 ft high and also running it on the road. I need anyones input as to what truck i should get to start out with, it dosent have to be one of these listed here. I really need something that dosent require to much maintnence, but is fast really really FAST, but can also take a beating and handle well off road! please post any and all ideas i need to decide what im gunna get asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 05:14 PM
zach brenner

Default RE: what truck/ truggy should i buy? heeellllppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

well a Jato 3.3 will hit like 67 mph but will break
revo will hit 40 and break
and savage would hit 3o and never break
a tnx will do 40 and break

I would say get a savage or a revo 3.3
Old 04-19-2007, 05:25 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: what truck/ truggy should i buy? heeellllppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

I say Muggy, u can get them under 450 and they go 40+ won't brake, And its a truggie!
Old 04-19-2007, 06:32 PM
needles

alright ill check out the muggys and ill check out the savages is there any upgrades to make a savage go any faster

Old 04-19-2007, 06:49 PM
blackrain

they all break
Old 04-19-2007, 06:49 PM
3dcody

i wouldnt start off with somthing fast i would start out with like the revo 3.3 and then work the way up to like a jato or somthing watch my videos of my jato 3.3.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:04 PM
A.B.U

LST2

About 45mph + and is massive
Old 04-19-2007, 07:30 PM
needles

ok ill look into the revo, is the revo pretty tough, you know will it stand up to like 10ft jumps at the local bmx track ? Could it with stand a landing on its head? are there lots of upgrades for it, sorry for all the questions but ive never done this before and have lots of them! lol
Old 04-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Snaut Rocket

if your looking into a truggy i would look into the matrix arena suppose a great car for a rtr under 600 $
Old 04-19-2007, 07:48 PM
nitromonkee

The Revo will stand up to ten foot jumps and land on it's head. My Revo take's a big beating, I've had it for two years, and not broken one thing. Yes, there are alot of upgrades, and here's a great [link=http://www.2coolrc.com/]website[/link]
Old 04-19-2007, 07:55 PM
zach brenner

alright ill check out the muggys and ill check out the savages is there any upgrades to make a savage go any faster
the muggy needs like a $90 dollar clutch
the savages can get up to like 45 with a big engine like the new axial
Old 04-19-2007, 08:31 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A savage X 4.6ss kit is a great beginners truck. You learn how to build it and is great power for starting out. This truck is also indestructable. The truck will cost you $369.99 on ebay with about $10 shipping. Here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-861-Savage-X...QQcmdZViewItem

This servo for the steering will do.
https://killerhobbies.storesecured.c...45s-detail.htm

For the throttle servo you can use this:
https://killerhobbies.storesecured.c...590-detail.htm

Now your price is up to about $451. You also need a radio and the best way to go is an fm radio. The next step up is a spectrum but won't fit your budget. This is what I use:
https://killerhobbies.storesecured.c...x75-detail.htm

Now your price is up to $543 and your done with the major parts. You need to fill the shocks with this:
https://killerhobbies.storesecured.c...224-detail.htm

And then the diff gears with this:
https://killerhobbies.storesecured.c...910-detail.htm

You also need this:
ttp://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPX11&P=7
I recommend this fuel but a gallon would be better but the budget wont allow it:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMGE5&P=ML
You also need 2 cans of paint for the body.
All this will cost you about $591 without shipping on all those items but you could also find these items cheaper on ebay. Add the can of paint and your looking at about $600. You also need 12 AA batteries for the truck to run. This is an amazing truck to start out with and will not disapoint you.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:06 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could also buy an aftershock which costs about $339 and is based on the lst. This is also rtr and all you need is fuel and batteries.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:15 PM
air1kdf

Blackrain hit the nail on the head.
nitromonkee, revo's break parts eeryday, that's why they sell parts for it. But it is a good vehicle, just not the best basher.

Speed = $$$
Durability = $$$
Beginner = $$$
Size = $$$
A 10 foot jump with a beginner can definetly break anything that you buy. The question is how much will it cost to fix.
Also what do you consider really really FAST. You can always get a 1/8 scale Serpent and do 100 MPH all day long in a parking lot. That's what I think is really really FAST. But if you hit yourself with it it will break your leg or foot. Oh and you wouldn't have enough $$$ for it, and no jumping it.

A little more information on where you will be driving it would be most helpfull. Everything is a tradeoff. For example a good basher, is not a good track vehicle, and vise versa.

Are you going to run with somebody else? What are they driving?
Old 04-19-2007, 09:22 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

to make a sav faster get a bigger engine and a nice pipe..
Old 04-19-2007, 10:09 PM
duckedup

whoa, that's a lot of p's [X(]
Old 04-19-2007, 10:19 PM
farknben

And a few Ls
Old 04-20-2007, 07:55 AM
zach brenner

want the best combo of fast size speed and toughness?
an aftershock and a savage x ss 4.6 will give you that.

the aftershock is bigger, pretty durable (not like a savage)and 39mph
the savage is big really durable and will do 41 mph
after everything the aftershock will cost about $450
and the savage will cost about $500
Old 04-20-2007, 08:21 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cen GST 7.7
or
Losi LST2