Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Himoto Viper XST??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Taztech_81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Himoto Viper XST??

I just was given a new in box Himoto Viper XST and was told it was a good RC. I'm just getting in to nitro powered and was hoping someone could give me a little info on this as to is it good for a beginner, will I need to buy a new one soon, and things like that. Any help on the subject would be much appreciated as I've looked for reviews but have only found mixed results and nothing really to help answer my questions.

If you can think of anything else that I haven't asked or that I might need to know please tell me.

Cheers
Old 04-25-2007, 09:43 AM
mbe301

Default RE: Himoto Viper XST??

Head over to http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_427/tt.htm It's Redcat Racing, but they are pretty much the same. Take your time starting out, check everything over (screws, filter, etc.) Check the forums for what problems others have had to help avoid them. Alot of people knock the "knock-offs", but it's a great way into the hobby. I have a himoto torpeda pro, hispeed tornado and a smartech f150 (the sort of 1/6 scale version) So far, the only one that had any "defects" (aka slapped together) was my hispeed, anywhere there could be an airleak, there was, drove me nuts trying to fix... and I learned a ton about tuning along the way.

Anyway, enjoy your Himoto!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Taztech_81

Default RE: Himoto Viper XST??

Thanks for the info and the link it was an enormous help. And I'll make sure I check everything and check the fourms before I do something stupid.