Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

aftershock or mgt 4.6se

Old 04-27-2007, 02:24 PM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default aftershock or mgt 4.6se

i was wondering which would be better for bashing and some racing..nothing to serious just messing around at the local track...i have a tmaxx and love it but i need another truck b/c my g/f likes to run it as well. so what would be a better choice?
Old 04-27-2007, 08:44 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: aftershock or mgt 4.6se

the aftershock stock is better out of the box but both are very good rtr's can't go wrong with either.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:24 PM
MrN8

The MGT is a bit more sturdy, but the Aftershock is a little faster out of the box. I love my MGT, though, and it's plenty fast for bashing around.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:47 AM
[email protected]

the mgt is stronger but you need to upgrade a little, the aftershock has a better radio two steering servos and a better shock system then the mgt and can handle better. for the money both trucks are the best in that price range $360 $370. I just feel you get more with the aftershock, do the LST2 upgrade kit and a mach 427 and you have the LST2. I'm just thinking like if you want to upgrade later. I have the mgt and it's a great truck did some upgrades and it's better and I would buy another one but my next truck is a LST2 or the aftershock. the gst might be on the list I don't know yet.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:52 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are RPM arms a direct fit for the AFT, or are there fit issues like with the LST2?? Cuz the stock arms are so thin they even look dumb.... With RPM's though I would imagine the AFT is pretty solid..
Old 04-28-2007, 03:01 AM
[email protected]

The mag I was reading about the aftershock said it is the same thing less engine radio and schock stuff but all LST2 parts are a stright fit. that is what the mag said.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:18 AM
duckedup

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

Are RPM arms a direct fit for the AFT, or are there fit issues like with the LST2?? Cuz the stock arms are so thin they even look dumb.... With RPM's though I would imagine the AFT is pretty solid..
LST RPM arms are designed for the LST1, and the Aftershock uses the same arms, it's the LST2 that needs the adapter kit or whatever...

And yeah, any truck equipped with RPM is going to be extremely solid....
Old 04-28-2007, 03:28 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: duckedup

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

LST RPM arms are designed for the LST1, and the Aftershock uses the same arms, it's the LST2 that needs the adapter kit or whatever...

And yeah, any truck equipped with RPM is going to be extremely solid....
That's what I thought.. So you don't need the adaptors or to worry about a crappy fit...

Anyway, the comparison for me then would be Aftershock PLUS 4x RPM's, or MGT as is.. In THAT case I'd take the former (IF I lived in the US...., where Losi parts are more available... Here in Germany I'd take the MGT... - MTA4 actually..)
Old 04-28-2007, 07:38 AM
webdr

heres a video I made featuring the two!
http://rcuvideos.com/item/J8X4R0CKK5KG7RCY