RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

mega force?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 02:34 AM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mega force?

I know there is a thread about it, but u want to know about the mega force and not compare. How well does it perfore, and drive. Im getting about $400 soon and looking to buy one, is it worth it. Id like a Savage, but i cant afford it even thought its a little more.
so if any one can help me, tell about it and not compare to another truck please. thanks
Dago Red
Old 02-24-2003, 04:26 AM
dfrazier
My Feedback: (9)

Default mega force?

Hey Dago Red,

I am from Beaumont and I just ordered 2 Savages for my kids. Were you at the flying field in Beaumont today. My brother-in-law was talking to someone that said he was going to be getting a savage. My brother-in-law was running a T-Maxx out there today.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:29 AM
flycasterjosh

Default mega force?

Hey Dago-

I will tell you the goods and bads about the Mega Force. I have had some trouble with mine, but I hear I am the exception, and not the rule.

The truck is built like a brick house and weighs almost ten pounds. For the .15 engine it comes with, that is a lot of weight to push around, so it is not super fast. My other car is a Nitro Stampede, and it spanks the Mega Force all over the place, but that is not an apples comparison. My buddies T-Maxx can beat it because it has two speeds, but my Mega Force jumps better, and push to shove outperforms the T-Maxx when your are stomping around. What it lacks in speed, it makes up for in crushing, jumping, and four wheeling over about anything you would want it to. The center of gravity is excellent, and the steering is cool because you can actually adjust the degree you prefer your front wheels turn from your radio as you run.

Make sure you are aware that this car does NOT come with a brake. It is either Forward, Neutral or reverse. I think they just expect you to slam it in to reverse to stop. My car has been experiencing difficulty in this area, so not sure if this will be a future problem. Kyosho seems to think I have a defective part.

In my search for the problem with the car, I found the construction to be excellent, and very easy to take apart, re-assemble. THe car has 4WD and is shaft driven with steel.

I will keep you posted as to what I find out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Another option you might have is the OFNA Monster Pirate. This is actually a .21 powered truck that sells for $350.00 at Tower Hobbies. I dont think it has reverse (who cares), but it is 4WD> If cash is tight, this is a pretty good deal.

ANother reason I got the Mega Force is that I heard Kyosho is going to have a very easy .21 conversion for it. That is why all of the other components are beefed up to handle power. It shares drive trains with it's expensive Mad Force brother. Also heard that 4 whl steering hop-up might come out.

Have a good one.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:32 AM
Dago Red

Default mega force?

Yes i was there. I was talking to your B-I-L. I watched him drive it, then he fliped it and broke a part. Spiderman top on it looked good. He said somthing about some one he knew getting 2 savages, if you dont mind me asking, where did you get them? id like to get one of those more than any thing.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:40 AM
Dago Red

Default mega force?

flycasterjosh

Thanks for the info--ill look in to the pirate too. thanks again --i might get the force--i like to jump more than anything
Old 02-24-2003, 12:09 PM
Alteramod

Default mega force?

Dago,

Hey, I would go with the one that you want the most if its only $50 more or less. Even if you have to wait a month it will be worth it trust me.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:45 PM
yunt2chat

Default mega force?

Hey, flycasterjosh

On the megaforce you can have reverse or brakes. You can only choose one though. If you notice there is a disc brake there thats not hooked up. I have one also that I bought used so I haven't hooked mine up yet. I just got it and have notrun it much so hadn't decided which is better. reverse or brake. Thanks Tony
Old 02-24-2003, 09:28 PM
Dago Red

Default mega force?

I was looking at a pic and it looked like it had breakes. I want the mega force more, seems more people have the savage.
Dago Red
Old 02-24-2003, 09:34 PM
yunt2chat

Default mega force?

Dago Red

Read whats under your message.

It's not good if it goes slow.
Faster is better LOL

Go with a savage or tmaxx I have a megaforce and tmaxx and its slow in comparison
Old 02-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Dago Red

Default mega force?

well, if i can get over $400 and use a coupon with $15 off, then i can afford it.--ill go with a savage in that case
Old 02-24-2003, 11:04 PM
dfrazier
My Feedback: (9)

Default mega force?

Hey Dago Red,

You can order a savage at http://www.meganitro.com/indexhtml.html . They have them in stock for $375.00 plus $17.50 shipping making the total $392.50. Lance is very nice to deal with.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:21 PM
Dago Red

Default mega force?

dfrazier
thanks for the site. when ever dad gives me the tax money he said id get, and a little extra money and some from a engine , i think ill have enough.
Dago Red
Old 02-25-2003, 01:02 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default mega force?

Originally posted by Dago Red
dfrazier
thanks for the site. when ever dad gives me the tax money he said id get, and a little extra money and some from a engine , i think ill have enough.
Dago Red
omg please dont be another fool jumping on the HPI/Tmaxx band wagon. Im glad you are looking at the Megaforce, it is slow but it climbs everything that isnt vertical. If your shelling out that much money anyways, get a TerraCrusher. It got rated one of the best small block monster trucks on the market, Yes thats better than a Tmaxx. Email me or PM me and I can give you info on all the great MT's that are better than both savage and tmaxx, even if ppl dont agree with me, a few (the smarter group) will agree
Old 02-25-2003, 01:15 AM
Dago Red

Default mega force?

I still like the savage, after driving a freinds and seeing it flip end over end many times, it came out great, flip it back over and go.
i have a while though, maybe a few weeks.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:17 AM
caseyddr

Default mega force?

I still like the savage, after driving a freinds and seeing it flip end over end many times, it came out great, flip it back over and go.
i have a while though, maybe a few weeks.
do that with just about any MK and you can flip it over and go.....
Old 02-25-2003, 01:20 AM
Dago Red

Default mega force?

hum--o well, after seeing what i saw i liked it, then i saw a T-maxx go--first flip it broke a part. plus i heard the new T-maxx is a piece of crap--not sure if its true. the guys said it boke parts easly.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:22 AM
caseyddr

Default mega force?

hum--o well, after seeing what i saw i liked it, then i saw a T-maxx go--first flip it broke a part. plus i heard the new T-maxx is a piece of crap--not sure if its true. the guys said it boke parts easly.
guy had no idea what he was talking about, to bad you didnt see something nice your first run, maybe then you'd have good taste in what you were buying
Old 02-25-2003, 01:27 AM
Dago Red

Default mega force?

LOL--all i want is a truck to run in my yard, nothing to go out and win witn, the truck i buy most likly will only see on other truck, a savage in its life. thats the one i drove. i have nothing against any of the others, just want somthing to drive, anything has to beat me Radio Shake 4X4 monster truck, has 2 speed 400 motors in it, speed sucks, jumps suck, cant drive in grass really. so if i can get a truck capable of out doing that truck--ill be happy
Old 02-25-2003, 01:29 AM
caseyddr

Default mega force?

im just messin with ya haha dont worry have fun with ur truck, dont get it confused with anybody elses, cuz so many ppl have them
Old 02-25-2003, 01:32 AM
Dago Red

Default mega force?

LOL--i hear ya--I just want to find a fun truck. I might get this, might get that, the final desision is yet to be made. i still like the looks of the mega force. the terra crusher looks good, but there is somthing about tamyia that i dont like, i dont know though. o well never know though
Old 02-25-2003, 02:39 AM
Fireslinger28
My Feedback: (1)

Default mega force?

I just got the mega force a week or so ago, the only problems i've had is the steering servo is low torque, so that needs upgrading, i went with a traxxas high torque serbo which works fine for 25 bucs, and the second problem is the reverse, it just doesnt work right, so i took it off and put the brakes on...if you plan on running reverse on the MF then you better buy lots of backup spur gears...
Old 02-25-2003, 02:46 AM
caseyddr

Default mega force?

Are you going to also get a 2 speed tranny for that bugger to make it faster? are those even available for it? I dont own a megaforce so i dont know everything about it, just what I read.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:23 PM
Dago Red

Default mega force?

So far it seems the problems are in the reverse area, and it does have brakes? Im not sure yet, savage, mega force, its a tough choice, yet, the money might be a while too. dad said i have $270 coming, plus 100 from a engine and some odd 70 i got.
thats $440 i think ill have, enough for the truck, and a gallon of fuel. tthen i can have a friend come over and mess around. ever since my friend, Ken, brought his savage over , i wanted one, Dad said ken better not come over any more, for me dad will kill him,LOL, joke. i just tell dad ill let him drive it, and then he'll dall in love and buy a monster truck, that would be awsome. dad wont fly, but maybe i can get him into monster trucks
Old 03-01-2003, 08:44 PM
flycasterjosh

Default mega force?

Hey Guys-

I got the part that was defective from Hobbico for my Mega Force and it is like night and day. I found out that the pin that was supposed to engage it in revese was sent too short.

Now that it is repaired and running 100%, my opinion is it is absolutley the best bang for your buck out there. I have spent the week bashing the sin out of this thing, and there is no question it was more intelligently built than my buddies T-Maxx 2.5. His truck is certainly faster, but mine has better torque, jumps in a more balanced fashion, can literally climb over the top of him, and when we had an accidental head on, the Force kept cruising, anf the T-Maxx turned in to a T-Minn. He had a broken A-Arm from those shaky little legs they installed on their big machine.

Now that the problem with the tranny is fixed, if you want to stop, you just slam it in to reverse!!! On pavement, I can do that and make it do a sweet endo flip and keep on rolling. It definitely impresses the 8 year old's in my cul-de-sac (and their mom's that think I act like them).

I might consider installing the brake, and yes, you are correct, it comes with a great dual disk brake installed, just no linkage. Kind of dumb, there is plenty of space in the chassis to have built it w/ 3 channels and had it run like Traxxas. Probably patent infringement issues, etc.

Have you guys seen one, or seen the best way to convert in to forward with brake, if the tranny doesnt eventually handle the abuse?

Anyway, Dago, I hope George W sends you your money soon so you dont have to keep charging a battery 30 minutes for a 5 minute run.

Have a good one.

-Josh
Old 03-01-2003, 08:49 PM
caseyddr

Default mega force?

you should try getting a 2 speed tranny for it if you have the chance and if they are available. your top speed would improve greatly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.