RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

GST 7.7 vs LST2

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 01:13 AM
HoldDaMayo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GST 7.7 vs LST2

I'm looking at getting a new truck, i've been away from the hobby for a while. I mainly bash and like to jump. I'm tempted by big jumps, i had a MGT and a TNX before and basically beat the hell out of both of them and sold them off a couple of years ago.

I'm interested in the GST 7.7 and the LST2, i like that they are both bigger 1/8 scale trucks... i mean, TNX and MGT are both 1/8 scale but the MGT was bigger and looked cooler bashing around imo.

So anyway, for bashing in the dirt, jumping, and lowest overall maint needed, which truck would you chose? Also, i have radio gear already, so i won't be using radio gear from either.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:02 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: GST 7.7 vs LST2

Well BOTH trucks come with a good radio, so you can sell them after you buy the truck and get some money out of them.

I Suggest the GST 7.7, if you said you wanted to more so race, i would have said the LST2. BOTH trucks are top of the line MT's and in my opinion the two best MT's on the market! The GST can bash with a savage! It's a blast!

Check out my GST vid!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crgYDMq3esY
Old 05-03-2007, 06:48 AM
jombo

ORIGINAL: HoldDaMayo

I'm looking at getting a new truck, i've been away from the hobby for a while. I mainly bash and like to jump. I'm tempted by big jumps, i had a MGT and a TNX before and basically beat the hell out of both of them and sold them off a couple of years ago.

I'm interested in the GST 7.7 and the LST2, i like that they are both bigger 1/8 scale trucks... i mean, TNX and MGT are both 1/8 scale but the MGT was bigger and looked cooler bashing around imo.

So anyway, for bashing in the dirt, jumping, and lowest overall maint needed, which truck would you chose? Also, i have radio gear already, so i won't be using radio gear from either.

here is a link for your answer
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5796224/tm.htm
Old 05-03-2007, 06:51 AM
ttoks

i'd go the lst2, the gst just seems overkill, sure you have a huge engine in it but that thing is 17 lb! just overkill if you ask me, thats alot of weight to be jumping, and you seem like you like to jump.

if you want something extreme i suggest buying a revo 3.3, puting cvd's all round and piting an sts .30 in it, considering the revo is only 9 pounds stock that will kill anything out there in a strait line, the includes a jato.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:54 AM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: ttoks

i'd go the lst2, the gst just seems overkill, sure you have a huge engine in it but that thing is 17 lb! just overkill if you ask me, thats alot of weight to be jumping, and you seem like you like to jump.
Of course its overkill. Thats probably what CEN had in mind when they came out with the original cen genesis. Its a sweet truck IMO. It can outpull the LST and is probably just as fast.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:56 AM
ttoks

btw sorry for the edit there, i just had to add that, seems if you want over kill you might as well go all out.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:06 AM
HoldDaMayo

The revo is too small for my liking. Thanks for th replies all.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:09 AM
HoldDaMayo

Jombo: But that guy wanted to do race/bash... i won't ever race, so i think the question is a bit different.

I do apologize for throwing up another truck vs truck thread, I did try and be specific in what i wanted at least so people could discuss what truck fits me best instead of fanboy vs fanboy.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Chronic

Well, I'm a Savage fanboy, so my opinionn is somewhat unbiased on this one...

I can't comment on the GST specifically, but I would certainly consider the LST2 to be the superior truck when compared to the older Genesis models. It's quicker, more nimble, more versatile, and it has a MUCH larger selection of hopups parts available to tailor it's performance to specific users. The CEN might be a little tougher out of the box, but that superior aftermarket support can easily fix that.

All of the parts on the CEN are thicker and generally tougher, and CEN fans are always quick to point that out... but the thing weighs 17lbs... the individual parts HAVE to be stronger just to do the same job as a "weaker" 12lb truck.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:00 PM
JUCD VPR

The Cen GST 7.7 is tougher and beefier then the old Genesis and CEN had fixed alot of their previous problems. But were not compairing the OLD genesis to the NEW GSt 7.7. So the LST2 is not superior, on the race track, yes a LST2 will walk a GST easy. Bashing, no way, its a 17lb truk but it's TOUGH, like i said i bashed mine with my Savage SS 4.6 and the GSt is JUST as tough and it's larger and heavier, meaning it must have tougher parts to handle that weight. But the GSt will out run the Savage easily! Not sure which is fater LST2 or GST?

Like you said, your not racing, so get the GST 7.7. IF you were racing i'd have suggested the LST2 but thats not the case so this thread is different from the other one.

For everyone info, the GST has alot of HOP ups as well, you just have to know where to look.

Get the GST 7.7, you won;t be disappointed, then again I know you won;t be disappointed with the LST2 either so it's a win win, but i wouldn't but anything other then a GST or LST2. The GST 7.7 seems to fit your needs better.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:15 PM
HoldDaMayo

JUICD, i much appreciate all the info. I'm heavily leaning towards the GST now for a couple of reasons, one being the size of it, another being that I'm finding i can get a used GST 7.7 for significantly less than a LST2.

Eventually i may end up with both trucks, who knows.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:38 PM
JUCD VPR

No problem man, YAH BOTH trucks would be IDEAL! Heck i have both now!
How much are you finding the GST for? E-bay has a new one for 485.00 with no bid or buy it now for 500.00
Old 05-03-2007, 03:52 PM
pythonfan

Well for a few extra $$$ 517 u can get it at killer hobbies with grate service fast shiping! Matss a good guy over there!
Old 05-03-2007, 04:08 PM
jombo

ORIGINAL: HoldDaMayo

Jombo: But that guy wanted to do race/bash... i won't ever race, so i think the question is a bit different.

I do apologize for throwing up another truck vs truck thread, I did try and be specific in what i wanted at least so people could discuss what truck fits me best instead of fanboy vs fanboy.

dude i didnt mean it like that , i just thought it would help. you cant go wrong with either trucks , just the lst2 is so much easier to take apart than the gst if something does break. i personally like the nemesis better,
1 airtronics fm computer radio( a big plus here)
2 its as fast or faster than the gst with 2 speeds and 3 speed opt for 25.00
3 no reverse not a plus but i garantee that you will less likely to break the tranny if you hit reverse while going forward
4 its a nemesis the name seze it all.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:04 PM
CrazyMento

haha CEN did overengineered the GST 7.7.... thats why its so much fun driving it bad ass truck...
Old 05-03-2007, 10:18 PM
air1kdf

I have both. The GST is a perfect fit if you want BIG, powerful, and tough. I love mine. The top end is very fast, and it's the fastest stock MT out of the hole that I've seen.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:36 PM
air1kdf

ORIGINAL: ttoks

if you want something extreme i suggest buying a revo 3.3, puting cvd's all round and piting an sts .30 in it, considering the revo is only 9 pounds stock that will kill anything out there in a strait line, the includes a jato.

I call BS.

First off the GST jumps REALLY good. Check out CEN's site and watch the video.

Second the Revo's not going to go faster than a Jato. It's not about power to weight ratio. I'm guessing that you've never seen a Jato 3.3 run. It is so overpowered that it will wheelie to 60 MPH. And it has a lower center of gravity over a REVO. Even if a Revo could exceed 67MPH it won't be hitting those speeds with stock tires on. And why bother? My Serpents will EAT the revo for half the cost. Something else is always faster, and jumping/bashing MT's is not about speed.

And a stock GST will SMOKE a stock Revo.

BTW if you think that 17lbs is heavy, try 1/5 scale. Bigger is better.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:45 PM
crazy for rc

But even knowing that the gst 7.7 are big trucks they still race in comps around the world any ways so they are race trucks and bashers eather truck is great not dout but for what you seems to want im voting for the gst 7.7 its a better truck for what you want. " BIGER IS BETTER"